What controversial opinions do you have

Could you please let him know? Dude could really use the pick-me-up.
39240134_1867284633307195_7879546576039837696_n.jpg
just texted him.

All he replied back was "who is this?"

I would go further with voting:

Only males who either own property, are employed or veterans.

Also, term limits for every public office, including the Supreme Court. Age limits for serving in public office, minimum 25 years old, maximum 75.

I would much rather have a basic math test, to vote.

Like with fractions.

80% or 3/5ths of you mother fuckers couldn't vote if we had a math test.

I have 5

1. Citizenship should be earned by everyone. Nobody should be born a citizen.

2. The way to fix illegal immigration is to fix legal immigration. Legal immigration should be fast, easy, as close to free as possible, and their should not be limits on numbers. Only criminal records and fighting in wars against US personnel should prohibit legal immigration.

3. It would be wise to make things like welfare and reduced prison sentences contingent upon a persons waiver of their reproductive rights and agreement to get a tubal ligation or vasectomy.

4) Abortions, vasectomies and tubal ligations should be federally funded and free to anyone that wants one.

5) 2 term limits for every elected municipal, state, and federal position. And no more than 20 years of total elected service (to include local, state, and federal) for any person. Career politicians are an abomination.

Post reminded me of this quote:

"SINCE time immemorial the most profound thinkers have tried to lift the veil that hides the beyond," said Mr. Tesla. "As for myself, I have read thousands of volumes of literature and thought for years in the hope that I might get some kind of evidence to show that death is not the end. But all in vain. To me the universe is simply a marvelous mechanism, and the most complex forms of human life, as human beings, are nothing else but automatic engines, controlled by external influence. Through incessant observation I have so convinced myself of the truth of this that I cannot perform any act or even conceive a thought without locating at once the external stimulus that prompted it."

Nikola Tesla

Life After Death According to Nikola Tesla, Henry Ford and Luther Burbank

http://anengineersaspect.blogspot.com/2013/02/life-after-death-according-to-nikola.html

Yup. The more I think about it, the more certain I am of it. And the more absurd it seems to think we make "decisions" about who we are, want we want, etc.

A very simple way of explaining it is this; I present you with an apple and an orange. Which do you want? Why?... You choose one for a reason. Whether that's because your gut bacteria is telling you to get some specific vitamin, or because you have a history of positive experiences with one more than the other, or whatever it is. You make your choice for a REASON. It's not some conscious choice you make. Any conscious involvement is an illusion. Same with your entire life, except it's obviously infinitely more complex.

People instinctively revolt against the idea, because it removes responsibility for their lives and makes it much harder (if not impossible) to judge others. We like to take credit for our successes and blame others for their failures, but if free will doesn't exist, those thoughts become absurd.

People say shit like "lazy people should work harder!" Well... Yes, obviously. Everyone should work hard. Everyone knows that, yet some do and some don't. Why? Why do some people listen to good advice, yet some don't? Why are some people affected by motivational speeches yet others aren't?

Why would anyone CHOOSE to be lazy/dumb/ignorant/etc when the alternative is so clearly the better option?... Because of an impossibly complex and incomprehensible amount of external factors that have lead us all to be the people we are. None of which are under our control. From the moment we're born, we're simply reacting to the world around us, "making decisions" based entirely on our previous experience and biology.

The only spanner in the works I can think of is quantum mechanics, because in theory we're part of the physical world and bound to the laws of physics just like anything else... Until you get to the Quantum level and everything goes nuts. So perhaps the chaotic nature of the Quantum world allows for some spark of originality to flourish within us... But I doubt it.

I would much rather have a basic math test, to vote.

Like with fractions.

80% or 3/5ths of you mother fuckers couldn't vote if we had a math test.

LOL. Throw in a world geography test on only 10% of the country could vote. I bet 60% of the US could not even perfectly fill out a US map.

I don't think it's particularly "controversial", but I don't believe we really have free will. We are a product of our genetics and environment, constantly reacting to stimulus. The idea that we make choices is an illusion. We simply react.
You'd be surprised how much that idea upsets some people, but yeah. You don't control your genetics or environment, so the person you become isn't really the result of anything you do.

I generally believe that adolescents are infantilized by society inappropriately. It has become some sort of universal wisdom that adolescents' brains aren't "fully developed" until at least age 25, however the research on this is very suspect. The research does show that adolescents are on average less risk averse than older individuals, but it's not obvious how lower risk aversion means "less developed". Indeed, it makes perfect evolutionary sense that you would want to take more risks when you're younger.

For some further reading: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/impulsive-teen-brain-not-based-science-180967027/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878929317301020?via=ihub?xid=PS_smithsonian

We should only have the right to have one kid each, and if you are 40, and don't have a kid, you can sell your right to have a child.

Does that mean 2 per family? (one each for mom and dad). Or 1 per family.

The US is already under 2.0 per family, which means we are not currently even replacing our population. Were it not for immigration, the US population would be shrinking. And we are barely growing as it is.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/population

An aging and shrinking population is a horrible idea. Take a look at Greece over the past 15 years or so.

Does that mean 2 per family? Or 1 per family (one each for mom and dad).

The US is already under 2.0 per family, which means we are not currently even replacing out population. Were it not for immigration, the US population would be shrinking. And we are barely growing as it is.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/population

An aging and shrinking population is a horrible idea. Take a look at Greece over the past 15 years or so.

Yes, 1 each. 2 per couple.

Population reduction is horrible for economic growth. It is great for the average persons wealth.

It will cause deflation. We have never seen deflation in a functioning economy before. How do we know that deflation is bad without crisis?

I mean why is 3% inflation good, but steady 3% deflation would have to be bad why?

Almost everyone is a liberal. Do you believe smoking cannabis is ok?(even if you dont do it) Do you believe in gun rights? Do you believe in low taxes?
Congrats you are a liberal, taking ideals from multiple parties and conjoining it to one....

I truly find it hard pressed to find people who strictly and only stick to Democrat or Republican ideals, almost everyone seems to mix them and still call themselves one of the 2 major parties.

-2 genders and that won't ever change
-Transgenderism is a mental illness
-Welfare recipients should be drug tested if on it for 3 months or more
-Drug addiction is not a disease
-Not all cultures should be forced to integrate with all cultures
-Islam is a backwards ideology and does not belong in western civilization
{<redford}

You'd be surprised how much that idea upsets some people, but yeah. You don't control your genetics or environment, so the person you become isn't really the result of anything you do.

I've explained it to some friends of mine and I can see it processing inside their heads. They get it. They understand what I'm saying and can't refute it... But I can see the moment their brain just says "Nope!"

They end up just saying they disagree without being able to articulate why. Not being in control of their destinies, for better or worse, is extremely uncomfortable for most people to try and accept.

I'd like to see perpetrators of extreme repeated crime lose limbs.

1. Citizenship should be earned by everyone. Nobody should be born a citizen.

2. The way to fix illegal immigration is to fix legal immigration. Legal immigration should be fast, easy, as close to free as possible, and their should not be limits on numbers. Only criminal records and fighting in wars against US personnel should prohibit legal immigration.
LMAO @ you trying to create a giant populace of serfs

I truly find it hard pressed to find people who strictly and only stick to Democrat or Republican ideals, almost everyone seems to mix them and still call themselves one of the 2 major parties.

Are you serious? i'm in my 40s and I've never seen a time when people were less tribal than they are today. Even in the religious right days of the GOP they were a relatively small portion of the population. today, the DEMs are just as religious as the GOPers have ever been. I'm really puzzled by your statement.

Yes, 1 each. 2 per couple.

Population reduction is horrible for economic growth. It is great for the average persons wealth.

It will cause deflation. We have never seen deflation in a functioning economy before. How do we know that deflation is bad without crisis?

I mean why is 3% inflation good, but steady 3% deflation would have to be bad why?

Good questions. I don't know if meaningful deflation has ever existed without crisis. And even if it could, IMO it would almost always be short lived, as supply would quickly reduce to meet the lower demand. I am not sure that is a ladder we would want to climb down.

One of the main issues with deflation is that it does not just lower the price of the things you buy. It also lowers the price of the things you OWN. Would you be willing to cut your food bill in half if it also meant the value of your home also went down 50%?

People that believe in god or jesus
Get real they don't speak to you
Delusional people

Back