What Conor has to do to win

Distance. Nate leans forward and gives a false sense of striking distance, then pulls when you throw. Be ready to defend the hip tosses and other few TDs Nate likes to use, along with dirty boxing from inside and look to close the distance. If he can do that, the uppercut is there and the straight left lands with more power. Trade with Nate and don't try to lead so much when he is completely on the defensive. McG wasted so much energy throwing combos at hands and forearms. When Diaz has his hands up, pick your shots and use kicks/go the the body.

I can only like Conor for increments of 15-25 minutes at a time. However, the hatred for him outside of the cage seems to blur people's thinking of what he can do from inside it. I loved that Nate took the first fight in impressive fashion, now I'm looking forward to taking the money of those stupid enough to think that he'll do it again.

Last edited:
Use the same plan all of Nate Diaz past opponents used. Keep him guessing on the feet, look for take downs. Make him flustered from the take downs. Rinse and repeat.

Who is that?

Does everyone not know how to use the internet? It should be fairly obvious who that is, but you can google search an image easily nowadays. It's Edmond.

Anyhow, the only way Conor wins (and it won't be easily done) is if he picks and pops from the outside. He's not knocking Diaz out and if he trades with Diaz, it'll go the same way as the first fight.

speed, less haymakers, and less spinning shit.

preserve energy and use leg kicks and angles

and takedowns if possible

Conor's best chance to win against Nate Diaz is to fight how Carlos Condit fought Nick Diaz at UFC 143.

Might not be pretty but if Conor does that he will win by UD.

If Conor decides to fight Nate Diaz with just punches only and then he will lose again.

Regardless of you picks or how you feel the first fight went down lets discuss the technical points of this matchup.

Conor was obviously gassed by the second round before Nate ever tagged him. He got tagged off attempting a counter left uppercut he never setup with a jab or a hook. He was showing obvious signs of gassing and Nate took advantage of it.

Idk why the lead uppercut wasn't used as much, he caught Nate with it easily, and it sets up so much with a southpaw vs southpaw. Conor has a nonexistent jab game so a lead uppercut heavy gameplan would have had more success.

Problem was he kept telegraphing the straight so Nate would roll with it and minimize the damage, pressing forward against Nate hurts him more then helping, hes quick enough to counterstrike Nate. He needs to catch him coming in and not leaning back. Diaz relies on a few goto's which Conor could have easily taken advantage of with speed alone.

Even if Conor wants to stick to pressing forward, using that lead hand to at least have Nate already leaning back will make it so his straight connects fully, and doesn't get rolled with.

Sadly more than likely for the training footage we've seen Conor is going to stick to the same gameplan, and get outworked again. Its stupid considering hes faster and much more technical than Nate. His ego will always be his downfall.

tl;dr: Conor wins if he can implement a counterstriking gameplan with a good use of his hard lead uppercuts. If not its the same fight over again, just might last a little longer.

first 1-2 that rocked him he was going for a uppercut with no setup which is exactly what you don't do vs a lanky bigger fighter who uses his range well.

xXZVdpU.gif

shitty gif but as you can see he covers a lot of distance with the lead uppercut and this was a min into second round. I can't find gif but he hits diaz pretty hard with one in the first. He's even got a pretty vicious knockout with one pre-ufc. Thats key to him setting up that left hand and not giving diaz a chance to roll with it.
15dp7xw.gif

No shitposting please, just discuss the technical points of how either man can pull this fight off.

The first thing he needs to do is not listen to people who tell him that he "destroyed" Nate in the first round. He didn't. Secondly he needs to learn how to clsoe distance. Otherwise he's in a lot of trouble again.

Conor needs to do what he preaches. Look at the first gif...he isn't using his Ido Portal touch butt in the park movement, in addition, Nate shows Conor how "precision beats power, timing beats speed" by nailing him with a jab and straight left before Conor knows what hit him.

Nate wins the rematch. Conor needs to defend his belt.

Conor needs to get back to his roots and rely on muevement and counters instead of leading and looking for that one big left. Lots and lots of leg kicks, smack that leg out from under Diaz every time he plants it. Don't go for the kill shot, Nate's chin is too good. Muevement, counters, leg kicks. We know he's been working on his cardio like a madman.

Conor did not rock Nate.. I guess he hit him good a few times. but rocked him? nope..

anyway. Conor need to use alot of different tools. Dont just spam left crosses and rear uppercuts. Fight kinda like he did against Max and Dennis Siver.

Lowkicks could also be a way to go. But Conor is not that typical punishing low kicker. He kicks more like a TKD and karate guy. So it could be hard to switch styles like that.

Dont chase the knock out.

There was only a 5-7 strike differential in the 1st round in favor of Conor. Your premise that he gassed before Nate even tagged him doesn't hold up.
It holds up quite nicely, you just have to watch the fight.

Lol at most suggestions. If Conor had wheels, he would be a bicycle, guys. No point suggesting stuff he can't do.

Pray for a freak injury... Ala... The Predator vs The Spider. Or The Spider vs Weidman. Throw in Condit vs Woodley while we are at it.

I'm not saying those fights were fluke or undeserved. But... it will take crazy shit like that for Conor to win.

dealwithit.gif

There was only a 5-7 strike differential in the 1st round in favor of Conor. Your premise that he gassed before Nate even tagged him doesn't hold up.
He was gassed before the round ended. Watch it again and look at Conor when the horn sounds. He's already taking deep breaths in. Nate did get a few good shots in during the first round but Conor didn't get hurt till the second.

1.Be efficient with your energy

2.Dont fold mentally as soon as you get hit flush with one single punch

Distance. Nate leans forward and gives a false sense of striking distance, then pulls when you throw. Be ready to defend the hip tosses and other few TDs Nate likes to use, along with dirty boxing from inside and look to close the distance. If he can do that, the uppercut is there and the straight left lands with more power. Trade with Nate and don't try to lead so much when he is completely on the defensive. McG wasted so much energy throwing combos at hands and forearms. When Diaz has his hands up, pick your shots and use kicks/go the the body.

I can only like Conor for increments of 15-25 minutes at a time. However, the hatred for him outside of the cage seems to blur people's thinking of what he can do from inside it. I loved that Nate took the first fight in impressive fashion, now I'm looking forward to taking the money of those stupid enough to think that he'll do it again.

That's a lot to absorb. I'm sure with a good coach he can digest all this and translate it to Conor simply kicking more and scramble less.

Back