What Cody did for that kid with diagnosed at 5 years old made me a fan of his for life

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I had never really cheered for Cody before, but that moment really warmed my heart

I've never seen a new champion dedicate his belt to someone else and let them wear it, plus for someone with such an inspirational story.

So Cody, I dont know how much of Sherdog is rooting for you after tonight, I still may not agree with all your neck tattoos, but that was a beautiful moment

Yeah I said the same thing in another thread. Wasn't a fan before but am one now because of that. Depends on who's he's fighting but I'm a fan now. Much respect.

Hendricks got upset about a reporter touching his belt and Cody didn't care that a kid got to wear it in the ring longer than him.

Gotta respect him

Yeah I said the same thing in another thread. Wasn't a fan before but am one now because of that. Depends on who's he's fighting but I'm a fan now. Much respect.

And it just goes to show, you cant always judge a book by its cover

Behind that angry demeanor and all those tattoos is truly a caring soul

And it just goes to show, you cant always judge a book by its cover

Behind that angry demeanor and all those tattoos is truly a caring soul
For sure. I would of thought he would of ran his mouth and everything but was a class act talking about Cruz and what he did for that kid.

Was awesome, a great champion he will be.

For sure. I would of thought he would of ran his mouth and everything but was a class act talking about Cruz and what he did for that kid.

I think that also shows the impact Faber probably has had on his maturity

Ive always thought Faber was a really good guy and liked to give back to others

Huge respect to.Cody. that gesture made me a fan of his

I think that also shows the impact Faber probably has had on his maturity

Ive always thought Faber was a really good guy and liked to give back to others
Yeah same here. I've always been a fan of Faber and don't like that Dillashaw was giving so much praise to his new camp. Deserved but Faber deserves a lot too.

Yeah same here. I've always been a fan of Faber and don't like that Dillashaw was giving so much praise to his new camp. Deserved but Faber deserves a lot too.

Cant wait for Cody to smoke Dillasnake

I had never really cheered for Cody before, but that moment really warmed my heart

I've never seen a new champion dedicate his belt to someone else and let them wear it, plus for someone with such an inspirational story.

So Cody, I dont know how much of Sherdog is rooting for you after tonight, I still may not agree with all your neck tattoos, but that was a beautiful moment

I agree, a lot of people these days don't understand just how far small gestures go. Cody gets to take that belt home with him, he has the title of champion, but wearing that belt and being in the ring to celebrate even for a few moments will stay with that kid for life.

Can't judge a book by it's cover, Cody surprised me tonight with his skill and his generosity.

I was rooting for him but didn't think he'd pull it off. Made me a fan after the fight. Beat the unbeatable, called out the #1 contender and gave his belt to the kid. Never seen someone's stock go up that much in one night.

Yup. Instant fan. Best moment in years in MMA

After all that kid has been through i bet he felt on top of the world tonight

Back