What? Cocaine Is Allowable In UFC?

Jones was all ready in training camp and the shit was kept under wraps till after the fight. Had Cormier known about it at the time, he could have pulled out of the fight and rightfully so.

He was tested twice in Dec. The second one was negative.

Not a chance in hell DC would pull out of his title shot with how much the belt means to him.

Jones was all ready in training camp and the shit was kept under wraps till after the fight. Had Cormier known about it at the time, he could have pulled out of the fight and rightfully so.

WADA doesn't ban it in the time frame when Jones took it. Why should have DC pulled out?

I'm only interested in whether or not he gained an advantage by using cocaine. If he didn't it shouldn't be illegal. Are we even sure it banned out of competition?

Cocaine is definitely a stimulant. It gives you a sense of increased energy, euphoria and mental clarity and I'm not talking about the 95% whacked small time street shit.
In Bolivia, many of the farmers and mountain people chew the leaves to help them get through their work days.
It is a definite advantage for short periods of time ( 30 minutes to an hour ) but over a longer period it can zap you out because your system can get overloaded.

Holy shit. There have been many comparisons, but this one really drives the point home on how hypocritical the ufc is. Firing people for tweets but cocaine is a-ok

Only tweets during training camp are subject to penalties. If they are during the off-season, then they are OK.

WADA doesn't ban it in the time frame when Jones took it. Why should have DC pulled out?

WADA is making up rules on the fly and enforcing them with extreme prejudice.
Whether you want to classify cocaine oficiall as a PED is no the point. The point is that it is a stimulant and can enhance your performance thus giving you an unfair advantage.
Regulatory bodies are constantly having to play catch-up in testing for substances that they are clueless about. Cocaine should not be one of them.

You obviously don't know your boxing nor anything about Aaron Pryor. His whole career eventually went down the skids because of cocaine and yes, he was as high a a kite during that fight. I was ring side.
UFC has suspended fighters based on pre-fight tests.
Sure Jon Jones is a big draw but that doesn't give him a free get out of jail card .
Guys used to juice in Pride most of the time (Coleman, Kerr, Randleman ) to name a few. Hendo used to juice and used PEDS in UFC and even an exception was made for him. The UFC arbitrarily decided to go after Vitor Belfort and that's when most of the fans got wind of it and rules officially changed. Apparantly Jon Jones got a pass ( just like Hendo ) but with a different substance.
It's still CHEATING no matter how you look at it. And we all know that Jones is a dirty fighter who averages one eye poke per fight.

I know about Aaron Pryor's cocaine habit. The controversy is all about the bottle that Panama Lewis gave to Pryor before the 14th round. If the bottle had cocaine dissolved with an alkaline substance (because cocaine dissolved only in water will not survive your stomach acid), then it would have taken a good half an hour to do anything. Could Pryor have been high on a variety of things including cocaine from before the fight? Yeah, it's possible. Was it cocaine dissolved in his water in the special bottle given to him before the 14th which is the source of the controversy? Almost certainly not. Hence, me calling it bullshit.

I know about Aaron Pryor's cocaine habit. The controversy is all about the bottle that Panama Lewis gave to Pryor before the 14th round. If the bottle had cocaine dissolved with an alkaline substance (because cocaine dissolved only in water will not survive your stomach acid), then it would have taken a good half an hour to do anything. Could Pryor have been high on a variety of things including cocaine from before the fight? Yeah, it's possible. Was it cocaine dissolved in his water in the special bottle given to him before the 14th which is the source of the controversy? Almost certainly not. Hence, me calling it bullshit.

For one, you don't know for sure when the cocaine was added to the liquid in the bottle ( you are assuming it was prior to the fight ). Two, cocaine is water soluble. I've been around guys that would put powder with water in nose inhalers and then take a snort every thirty minutes to an hour and stay in a poker game for ten hours straight. Matter of fact, they would take shots of Jack Daniels throughout just to maintain balance.

For one, you don't know for sure when the cocaine was added to the liquid in the bottle ( you are assuming it was prior to the fight ). Two, cocaine is water soluble. I've been around guys that would put powder with water in nose inhalers and then take a snort every thirty minutes to an hour and stay in a poker game for ten hours straight. Matter of fact, they would take shots of Jack Daniels throughout just to maintain balance.

The controversy is all based on Panama Lewis introducing a new foreign water bottle before the 14th round. Now, I have heard some people say that they saw Lewis using the special bottle earlier in the fight, so there is that possibility. With nose inhalers, cocaine is absorbed completely differently. Essentially, using a nose inhaler is little different than snorting cocaine. The story goes that Lewis drank from the water bottle, though, so he would have ingested the cocaine dissolved in a fluid. I'm not saying cocaine isn't water soluble, I'm saying that if you ingest cocaine, you have to do so with an alkaline substance because if you don't, the cocaine will be made inactive in your stomach due to your stomach acids. I think it's entirely possible that Pryor was on stimulants for the fight (I've heard rumours about all kinds of fighters, notably Duran, being on stimulants for many of their fights). It's just that there are so many better ones for athletic competition than cocaine, notably several different amphetamines, and there are so many better ways of ingesting them than through drinking them dissolved in water.

If it turns out he used it right before he competed then he should be suspended. that would definitely give him an advantage. I was watching a show and the person on coke was 6X stronger than the average person, granted they were doing average handyman work, but still it would certainly be an advantage

Ultimate Fucking cocaine

The controversy is all based on Panama Lewis introducing a new foreign water bottle before the 14th round. Now, I have heard some people say that they saw Lewis using the special bottle earlier in the fight, so there is that possibility. With nose inhalers, cocaine is absorbed completely differently. Essentially, using a nose inhaler is little different than snorting cocaine. The story goes that Lewis drank from the water bottle, though, so he would have ingested the cocaine dissolved in a fluid. I'm not saying cocaine isn't water soluble, I'm saying that if you ingest cocaine, you have to do so with an alkaline substance because if you don't, the cocaine will be made inactive in your stomach due to your stomach acids. I think it's entirely possible that Pryor was on stimulants for the fight (I've heard rumours about all kinds of fighters, notably Duran, being on stimulants for many of their fights). It's just that there are so many better ones for athletic competition than cocaine, notably several different amphetamines, and there are so many better ways of ingesting them than through drinking them dissolved in water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Z1QZaHqZ8
Here's the " Bottle incident"....You hear Panama Lewis say " Give me the bottle , The one I mixed." Pryor was jacked on something...What? We'll never know...

Hey, I agree with you and get your point. We don't always make the smartest choices and Jones is his own worst enemy. No one else seems to be able to beat him. My bitch is more about the arbitrary UFC process.
I would have loved to watch Vitor on PEDS against Weidman. He could have been given the exemption ( for one last fight ), the same as Hendo.
Did you notice how Hendo got ragdolled by Cormier when he was fighting without it? Why don't we just make it a level playing field and let every one do it, who ever wants to. The irony is that in pro football, it's almost mandatory. Very few are not on some kind of PEDS.

Hey, I agree with you and get your point. We don't always make the smartest choices and Jones is his own worst enemy. No one else seems to be able to beat him. My bitch is more about the arbitrary UFC process.
I would have loved to watch Vitor on PEDS against Weidman. He could have been given the exemption ( for one last fight ), the same as Hendo.
Did you notice how Hendo got ragdolled by Cormier when he was fighting without it? Why don't we just make it a level playing field and let every one do it, who ever wants to. The irony is that in pro football, it's almost mandatory. Very few are not on some kind of PEDS.

I don't really agree that there should be free rein for all PEDs, but you're right about the UFC being rather duplicitous with the way they've dealt with all of it. It has only been as public sentiment has exerted pressure and notable fighters have started speaking up about PED use that they have pushed for any additional regulation. They were more or less complicit with tons of fighters using PEDs for a very long time while preaching that they were all about promoting a clean sport and so on.

Back