What character is the face of MARVEL?

Yeah, Winter Soldier is a really good movie. I think it's Marvel's best.

Just thinking about this more, some of my favorite movies that don't have a happy ending and aren't really fun. Not really my top 10. That changes frequently:
Chinatown
Godfather II
Bladerunner
Solaris
Pan's Labrynth
Goodfellas
Pi
Kids
The Empire Strikes Back
Leon
Children of Men
Old Boy
Hell or High Water

Of that list, I've seen Godfather II, Blade Runner, Goodfellas and, of course, Empire. I agree they are all God-tier:cool: The rest I know by reputation. Saying that Chinatown doesn't have a happy ending is an understatement. It's an incredibly bleak, cynical story. Brilliant performances, of course.

yeah its weird why are all the Spidermans dweebs, tobey macguire, that skinny andrew garfiled, and this young short 5 foot 4 19 year old. Spiderman aka Peter Parker was 5 foot 11 and 175 pounds in the comics.

I never understood it, Spiderman was basically Marvels superman he was their most popular comic, yet they are making him some boyish guy, in the comics he was pretty athletic looking as peter parker he looked more like a Ryan Reynolds type physique and stature.
latest

petercostume.jpg

51c23ca8a3156d24a425d14f00ef5345--amazing-spiderman-marvel-art.jpg

250px-SupermanSpider-Man.jpg

Eggzachery

This generations spider-man is not MY spider-man.

I would have thought in at least one damn reboot they would go back to the comics style version. Especially with the popularity of MCU today.

How would the CAP vs Spider-man Fight have been seen if the comic spider-man was there instead. Also more believable that the comic style spider man can take down winter soldier And falcon at the same dang time.

It doesn’t fit their comic relief feel.

He’s comic relief in the MCU now. jar jar esq if you will.

And I completely agree with you especially in the top picture , he looks very much like Ryan Reynolds.

The Ryan Reynolds from blade trinity could have pulled off their spidey pretty well imo

To me at least, it's Spider-Man.
Spider-Man. Spider-Man. Spider-Man. Spider-Man.
Spider-Man.
Spider-ManSpider-ManSpider-Man Spider-Man!!

Stan Lee's face, Captain America's body, and Spidey's personality for me would do it.

It’s always been Thor for me.

This is actually a good point. The difference between myself and a lot of comic book movie fans is the expectation that a movie should be fun. I don't think there's a single "fun" movie in my top 10. Actually, almost all of them end poorly for the protagonist.
All this reveals, in a classic sense, is your bias for tragedy over comedy. Tale as old as time. A work of art can't be "serious" unless it focuses on suffering and adversity.

Guess what? Infinity War is a tragedy.

Besides, the presumption that a happy ending renders art less meaningful is stunted and incomplete. The measuring stick is whether or not it addresses Death/Mortality in some fashion. Infinity War is obsessed with this theme. I'm as exhausted with the glut of the fad trend as anyone, because the DC sucks, and Netflix/CW/ABC don't seem interested in making anything else, but the Theater-based MCU is its own beast, and has separated itself by a wide margin from everything else out there. This latest film was particularly rich with artistic devices. I was so dismissive at the theater I didn't spot them, but upon re-viewing, I immediately realized how blind I was to how carefully wrought the story is.
I felt that above all else this was intended to differentiate the two. Hulk literally just smashes when he fights. Pure reflexes, strength, and rage. Thanos tuned him up with some of the highest level striking, timing, and coordination ever witnessed. Even if he requires the Power Stone to possess more strength than the Hulk the more terrifying difference is that he is not a mindless beast when he possesses it.

Part of why I have so quickly gained an admiration for this movie when I didn't think that highly of it after watching it in the theaters is in analyzing it more closely I have noticed how much depth there is to it, artistically, and one way the movie achieves this is in how it contrasts Thanos to each of our major heroes.

Notice that when Ebony Maw presents Thanos with the Tesseract that Thanos sheds his ceremonial battle armor. It's a moment of evolution. He no longer needs it. Meanwhile, The Hulk, shellshocked by his loss, is forced to assume Tony's "Hulkbuster" suit later in the movie-- to adorn armor. This is a devolution.
The Shape of Water was one of the most vapid, hackneyed movies I've seen in years, and yet it won Best Picture last year. It's gorgeous, but Best Cinematography is not Best Picture, and it seems Hollywood is forgetting that. There is barely enough depth of thought or structure in it to sustain a high school short story.

If you believe it so shallow, please indulge me, and explain to me what you believe the following dialogue (technically monologue) conveys:
Thanos: "I know you have the Reality Stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering."
Collector: "I told you. I sold it...why would I lie?
Thanos: "I imagine it's like breathing for you."
Collector: (Smiling) "Like suicide."
Thanos: "So you do understand."

All this reveals, in a class sense, is your bias for tragedy over comedy. Tale as old as time. A work of art can't be "serious" unless it focuses on suffering and adversity.

Guess what? Infinity War is a tragedy.

Besides, the presumption that a happy ending renders art less meaningful is stunted and incomplete. The measuring stick is whether or not is addresses Death/Mortality in some fashion. Infinity War is obsessed with this theme. I'm as exhausted with the glut of the fad trend as anyone, because the DC sucks, and Netflix/CW/ABC don't seem interested in making anything else, but the Theater-based MCU is its own beast, and has separated itself by a wide margin from everything else out there. This latest film was particularly rich with artistic devices. I was so dismissive at the theater I didn't spot them, but upon re-viewing it more carefully and critically, I immediately realized how blind I was to how carefully wrought the story is.
The Shape of Water was one of the most vapid, hackneyed movies I've seen in years, and yet it won Best Picture last year. It's gorgeous, but Best Cinematography is not Best Picture, and it seems Hollywood is forgetting that. There is barely enough depth of thought or structure in it to sustain a high school short story.

If you believe Infinity War so shallow, please indulge me, and explain to me what you believe the following dialogue (technically monologue) conveys:

Haven’t seen infinity war but wasn’t the collector already dead from
A past movie?

Ironman is a fucking homo if he is your face of marvel you are probably a cocksucker as well.

For me it’s the captain.

Here he is chocking a commie
captain_america__the_winter_soldier___i_m_with_you_by_maxkennedy-d7fbq3o.jpg

Or Thor

About to get into that wenches poon
9789d838df64525eb81e64fb49df79b0.jpg
I legit spat my drink out laughing at this post

Spider Man

Then

Cap Tony Logan

People forget how massively popular wolverine is

Ha ha, I lol'd at this! Man, what a sad state the comics side of Marvel is in. Asian Hulk, Black Girl Iron Man, Feminist Captain Marvel, Chick Thor, Gwen Stacey Spiderchick, Hispanic Spiderman, gay Iceman, etc etc. They're too lazy to simply write a new character that is worth a damn and happens to not be based on a white, male, established character.

Miles Morales, Ms Marvel, Amadeus Cho Hulk and Spider Gwen are all really great characters.

And they are their own characters.

I don’t like Riri Williams though.

Spider Man

Then

Cap Tony Logan

People forget how massively popular wolverine is

Wolverine was the most popular for a time mainly because of Hugh Jackmans portrayal if they made him like the comic book as a 5 foot 4 manlet he wouldn't be popular.

I remember when Xmen was first being made some comic book nerds were pissed that Jackman who is 6 foot 3 was playing him.

When I was a kid Gambit and Archangel were also very popular from the Xmen Cartoons with Wovlerine.

im just irritated at how central they made RDJ/IM in the marvel cinematic universe

tony stark (not hank Pym) essentially created ultron
tony stark (not peter parker) created the iconic spiderman suit
tony stark (not cap) seen as leader of the avengers

I understand they owe a lot to RDJ for the launching the whole thing but damn man, he doesn't need his hand in everything

irritates me to no end

Wolverine was the most popular for a time mainly because of Hugh Jackmans portrayal if they made him like the comic book as a 5 foot 4 manlet he wouldn't be popular.

I remember when Xmen was first being made some comic book nerds were pissed that Jackman who is 6 foot 3 was playing him.

When I was a kid Gambit and Archangel were also very popular from the Xmen Cartoons with Wovlerine.

Wolverine has been a very popular character in the comic books for a long long time now.

Wolverine has been a very popular character in the comic books for a long long time now.
yes I know I collected comic books back in the 80s and 90s

But Wolverine was never a mainstream guy until Jackman popularized him in X men his portrayal made him a known hero, before it was just Spiderman, incredible hulk, thor, captain america, iron man heck even fantastic 4 was more popular among the mainstream.

Back