What changes would you make for the UFC

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Glove, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Last couple of weeks on here i noticed many individuals who are adamantly opposed to many things the UFC as an organization produces in general. From WMMA to too many cards in a single month/year. To too many rematches.

So what would you change about the UFC in general if you had the "powers" to do so?

What rules would you change?
    Would you allow WMMA to exist?
    Scoring system?
    Would you buy out anymore MMA organizations?

2. KhabibTheBeagle

KhabibTheBeagle Darren's Nutrisionist

I know it's pro-monopolization, but I'd like to see Bellator and WSOF join the UFC. Not all of the fighters, just the best guys, and leave smaller promotions for other fighters to go to. So many incredible match-ups, the possibilities are endless. Unrealistic, but that's just my fantasy.

3. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Who would you like to bring over to the UFC and who would you like to see their first matchup as?

4. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

I'd pick the title fights. Other than that I'd leave it alone. If I was in charge it would be these:

Werdum v. Arlovski 2
    Cormier v. Gus (Originally would have said Bader but I've changed)
    Weidman v. Rockhold
    Lawler v. Condit
    RDA v. Cerrone 2
    Aldo v. McGregor
    Dillashaw v. Assuncao
    Johnson v. Dodson 2

Lol looking at the matches I guess I'd only change one as I'm not sure who Dillashaw is fighting anyways. There's a chance I'd change my mind and have Bader fight Cormier though because I already wanted that at one point.

5. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Also I'd keep the women but if there was a woman title fight it'd have to be on a card with another title fight. Unless it was on free television.

6. KhabibTheBeagle

I want Lima, Gaethje, Dantas, Moraes, Minakov, Chandler, Brooks, Curran, Freire, Koreshkov, Puetz, MVP, Weichel, etc. Any combination of those guys vs. UFC guys would be awesome.

7. WheatThicks

WheatThicks Purple Belt

I would replace elbows on the ground with knees. I would change the scoring system to something more akin to Pride in which the entire fight is judged as a whole. And i'd scale back the event schedule to 26 events a year; one event every two weeks.

8. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Thats pretty solid matchups, i especially would love to see Lawler/Condit and Johnson/Dodson. Let me ask you...if you could change some rules for these matchups..what would they be. For example...the Lawler/Condit fight...would you like to see knees to a downed opponent? Head stomps? Etc.

9. z7xfla

z7xfla Orange Belt

The #1 thing I'd like to see the UFC change is to stop screwing over deserving contenders in favor of whoever they think might potentially sell more.

The best examples of this are picking Diaz over Hendricks to fight GSP, and the current predicament of picking Holm over Tate to fight Rousey next.

10. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Couple of years back in pride, there was the Gracies vs Japanese fighters in one of the Bushidos...i believe it was Bushido 2. Would you like to see something like that here....example..Bellator fighters vs UFC fighters...if so, who would you like to see matched up.

11. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Understood, i was pretty disappointed that Arlovski wasn't fighting Werdum for the title myself. So i will assume with conviction, you would change the rules for too many rematches?

12. KhabibTheBeagle

Minakov vs. Werdum

Stephan Puetz/McGeary vs. Cormier

Halsey vs. Weidman

Koreshkov/Lima vs. Lawler/Condit

Brooks/Gaethje vs. RDA/Cerrone

Pitpull vs. Aldo

Moraes vs. TJ/Cruz

Bibulatov vs. DJ

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  13. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Lol I realized I wouldn't change many of the title fights while I was writing them out. No though I wouldn't change the rules. I have always thought kicking a man in the head when he was down is cowardly. Maybe I'd change the ridiculous rule where if you have one hand on the ground it counts as you being down though, I don't know.

14. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Now see i didnt know that. They consider one hand on the ground a downed opponent?

15. z7xfla

z7xfla Orange Belt

Arlovski is another good example. But Tate has definitely earned a 3rd fight with Rousey. The UFC needs to realize that rushing prospects to a title shot before they've beaten anybody at the top (such as Holm's case) is hurting their credibility.

16. rondog6669

rondog6669 Brown Belt

I would have an 8 man Tournament for each weight class every year
    4 events a Month
    1 PPV
    1 Fox
    1 Fox Sports1 (branch out to cities like SLC, Honolulu, Cleveland)
    1 Fight Pass European, Australian

Build a UFC HOF with a Pride/Strikeforce/WEC wing Have a real Cage and Fighter signings weekly

Always use the smaller cage (25% more finish rate and you could sell more seats)

17. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Yeah guys do it so they can't get kneed along the cage and such, it's a pretty dumb rule.

18. MotorcycleMir

MotorcycleMir Blue Belt

Matchmaking is becoming a big, big problem. The Cain/Werdum rematch pisses me off a lot but really, it's more of a "hardcore fan" problem; the fight will still draw viewers. However, the Cro Cop/Hamilton matchup is by far one of the worst I have ever seen. Cro Cop is not the fearsome icon he once was; a win over him will not make Hamilton a star like it did Gonzaga. On the other side of the coin, a win over such a fighter does absolutely nothing for Cro Cop and really his involvement in this fight makes people value him even less as a fighter. Considering how many big name "legends" are in the UFC right now, this fight is an absolute waste of everyone's time

19. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Ahh!! My favorite thing about Pride and early UFC was the multiple man torunaments or Grand Prixs. Always fun to watch. Yes to the limited events per month as well. Would you make a UFC minor league event? What i mean is unproven rookies fighting others of same and bring up the ones who are ready in a pro setting?

20. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Yep, exactly agree with your statement about the Velasquez/Werdum rematch. So in denial i was that i didn't even believe it until a week later. It made no sense whatsoever to me. And as for the Cro Cop match, whats your take on this? Do you think they want Cro Cop to beat up an unproven man so they can match him up against someone of the likes of Stipe or Dos Santos (again).