What causes the livershot KO?

umm the closest thing i can say is... like getting kicked in the balls... at least in my experience.

the pain kinda creeps then BAM it hits and it's almsot semi-paralizing. it's not jsut the pain it's like your kinda shut down.

closest description i cna think of... anybody else want to give it a shot?

Lucid pretty much got it. It's the pain and the paralyzing affect of it. + Your diaphram lockingn up when you get the wind knocked out of you

Have you ever been hit with a good liver shot? I'd say the extreme.. pain.. and there is also a physical reaction.

I remember one time when my trainer hit me with a good liver shot sparring now I don't like going down easy and completely shut me down I just tried to keep my hands up but somehow my body on it's own bent over the knee at the waist which basically walked me into a knee to the head and a head kick. Then the round ended, thank God.:)

Yep, basically what Lucid said.

A lot of "liver shots" are actually kidney shots. Your kidney's process the poison that you expell in your urine...obviously getting hit there is going to be painful.

scorcho said:
A lot of "liver shots" are actually kidney shots. Your kidney's process the poison that you expell in your urine...obviously getting hit there is going to be painful.

Liver is in the front, kidney in the back. I don't think I've ever seen anybody confuse them.

I think getting hit in the balls is less painful than a solid kidney shot. I've never been hit in the liver, but I ended a sparring session by hitting a guy there. He looked like he wanted to vomit, so I backed off and let him recover, he couldn't.

If you use the Chinese meridan theories, the Liver 13 point is the area you are hitting. The anatomy is the tenth intercostal nerve. Think about how bad it hurts when you hit the "funny bone" nerve in your elbow. You are causing trauma to a nerve plexus, which results in pain, loss of nerve and muscle control, (you can't stand up), and if the body is under more pain than it can withstand, it starts to shut down. Hope this helps.

the liver performs quite a bit of functions in the body....i think once you hit get there it's goes into a bit of a shock...i would think it would be like getting hit in the solar plexus pretty hard...or getting the wind knocked out of you... you just get can't fuction of a few seconds because of the shock...

i hope i don't ever feel what a liver shot does

I got kidney shot in a bar brawl. THe guy must have known better than most because most try to punch you in the back of the head from behind and break their own hand. Hurt like a bitch was down for 5-10.

My guess is that it a protective response by the body to let you know that you have injured something vital. The pain lets you know that you might die and gets you to stop what you are doing. After all you can't survive without a liver.

KingSnake said:
I got kidney shot in a bar brawl. THe guy must have known better than most because most try to punch you in the back of the head from behind and break their own hand. Hurt like a bitch was down for 5-10.
I got a full on kidney shot to the back from this guy when I was in highschool and had my back turned. The dude probly weighed about 200lbs and I was just a skinny guy at the time. It hurt for like a week whenever I moved it really sucked. Getting hit in the liver hurts like a bitch also thats why you should always try to protect it with your elbow while holding your guard up.

Your body values the liver (even if some of you who drink like a fish, don't) and so when it gets hurt, it will do whatever it can to "cover it up". That means tightening up the muscles (diaphram, stomach, lats, buttocks etc) every muscle even remotely around that area, your body will tell it to lock up, making you crawl into a near fetal position, and cramp up. I'm not kidding. It hurts like a mother, and you can't recover from it in a few seconds only...

It's not like a head shot, where you shake it off... You don't shake off the liver shots. I can't find a decent accupressure pic, but your meridian runs along that line, right through your liver. So it's like gettin' your "chi" blocked..

twoblink said:
Your body values the liver (even if some of you who drink like a fish, don't) and so when it gets hurt, it will do whatever it can to "cover it up". That means tightening up the muscles (diaphram, stomach, lats, buttocks etc) every muscle even remotely around that area, your body will tell it to lock up, making you crawl into a near fetal position, and cramp up. I'm not kidding. It hurts like a mother, and you can't recover from it in a few seconds only...

It's not like a head shot, where you shake it off... You don't shake off the liver shots. I can't find a decent accupressure pic, but your meridian runs along that line, right through your liver. So it's like gettin' your "chi" blocked..

Well, the liver is kind of vital, so the body is doing good here!

kumite said:
If you use the Chinese meridan theories, the Liver 13 point is the area you are hitting. The anatomy is the tenth intercostal nerve. Think about how bad it hurts when you hit the "funny bone" nerve in your elbow. You are causing trauma to a nerve plexus, which results in pain, loss of nerve and muscle control, (you can't stand up), and if the body is under more pain than it can withstand, it starts to shut down. Hope this helps.

Yes...and the liver is also where they say the vital Qi is housed.

Also is where the emotion of anger is stored.

If anyone has ever done a strict liver cleanse will attest at how pissed and aggrevated one can become while going thru it.

When the liver's not happy, the rest of your body isn't.

SO COVER UP!

scorcho said:

Two different sensations IMO. I've only taken a few liver shots in my day and my first one made me feel like I was going to crap my pants. It took about .5-1 second before the pain really kicked in. Kidney shots hurt but not as bad as liver shots.

It just buckels your knees and there is extreme pain...for a few days.

Chad Hamilton said:
Yes...and the liver is also where they say the vital Qi is housed.

Also is where the emotion of anger is stored.

If anyone has ever done a strict liver cleanse will attest at how pissed and aggrevated one can become while going thru it.

When the liver's not happy, the rest of your body isn't.

SO COVER UP!

just curious, what's a strict liver cleanse?

did you know the liver takes part in your blood oxygen levels? i forgot how but i learned this yesterday in anatomy lecture

Back