What can the UFC do help grow in the UK

I agree that BT Sports are doing a good job with UFC coverage but their viewership is a limiting factor. I know numerous people who like watching MMA and have watched it previously who no longer do because they don't have the channel.

Very true. I think it'd help if they made it more accessible on Freeview and the like. At the moment, I think you have to buy a Youview box, even if BT is your ISP.

Scandinavia has even less cultural connections with the US than the UK, yet this distinctly American sport is gaining ground there.

UK is far more tied with sports that were created there or that have a strong past in UK.

If u list some of the most popular sports in UK:
- Soccer
- Rugby
- Cricket
- Boxing
- Formula 1
- Tennis
- Golf
- Rowing (not sure if is a premier sport there)

they're all sports born or grew up for the most in UK.
You can't say the same for pretty much all the premier sports of the other european countries, Sweden included.

Two things.
1. PPV in England. Been a long time since we've had one and would generate a huge buzz.
2. TUF UK. Explains itself really.

Neither would work.

The uk needs a huge star to make an impact in the UFC. It's as simple as that to me.

UFC events are on way too late for UK audiences, unfortunately. Pubs and bars shut around 1 am; night clubs shut around 3 am.

The main event in your typical UFC PPV is on at 4ish.

Get Bronson to fight Lee Murray and call the event Undisputed 4

you can have it on whatever tv channel you like,it will always be niche,for the simple reason,we have zero wrestling programmes in school,so as soon as it hits the floor,it automatically becomes....gay or boring or both,to the uneducated.....add in that local shows are overloaded with chavs,its still called cagefighting by 99% of the media,and various other negative things i could list,but i can't be arsed and my dinner is ready.

Back