What can Rumble offer to Gus that Manuwa didn't?

I'm surprised by the amount of people picking Rumble over Gus. Rumble has had a great streak at 205, but stylistically he seems to be a poor matchup for Gus. He's a great power puncher, strong and dangerous inside, but the same could be said of Manuwa whom Gus beat fairly easily. I don't think Johnson even has the advantage in the grappling department. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Rumble is leaps and bounds ahead of Manuwa in... Inside dirty boxing, power punching, accuracy, grappling, experience, quality of competition, DO I NEED TO KEEP GOING?

IMO the ONLY advantages Gus will have in this fight is range, cardio and maybe... MAYBE speed.

Manuwa would KO Rumble. Rumble is overrated and will go on a losing streak after getting stopped by Gus in the first.
Rumble has the grappling advantage over Manuwa but Manuwa is the better striker. Punching power is equal, Manuwa would KO Nog too. :)

06_-_Jimi_Manuwa_vs_Luke_Blythe_-_UCMMA_6.gif

Manuwa would KO Rumble. Rumble is overrated and will go on a losing streak after getting stopped by Gus in the first.

Rumble is vastly overrated. For what? Decisioning Arlovski and Davis? For KO'ing Lil Old Nog? He couldn't even finish Arlovski, a guy with a glass chin, but he's supposed to be this KO artist? Please.

I'm pretty sure this has turned into an America vs UK/Europe thread...

Can any of you say, without bias, that Manuwa would win a fight against Johnson?

I know rankings don't mean much, but the disparity between the two has to have a little more substance than just Johnson having more hype behind him.

Rumble has the grappling advantage over Manuwa but Manuwa is the better striker. Punching power is equal, Manuwa would KO Nog too. :)

06_-_Jimi_Manuwa_vs_Luke_Blythe_-_UCMMA_6.gif

So, out of the two (Manuwa & Rumble), the one who has beaten top 10 competition is overrated?

Makes a ton of sense

Rumble is vastly overrated. For what? Decisioning Arlovski and Davis? For KO'ing Lil Old Nog? He couldn't even finish Arlovski, a guy with a glass chin, but he's supposed to be this KO artist? Please.

What?

So, out of the two (Manuwa & Rumble), the one who has beaten top 10 competition is overrated?

Makes a ton of sense

Rumble decisioned Davis. Hardly the calling card of greatness.

I re-read my post and can see how it was strangely worded. I think too many people overrate Rumble based on wins that were less than impressive and a KO ability that failed to manifest itself against a guy who is KO bait.

Rumble decisioned Davis. Hardly the calling card of greatness.

I re-read my post and can see how it was strangely worded. I think too many people overrate Rumble based on wins that were less than impressive and a KO ability that failed to manifest itself against a guy who is KO bait.

Who has ever finished, let alone TKO'd, Phil Davis?

Makes a ton of sense

Yes, he's completely overrated and is about to get dominated. He's not going to win many fights at LHW and will be cut.

765661bloggif4f14399f5413b.gif

114989bloggif4f1442f480064.gif

Was hoping Gus would win just to see his nuthuggers fall into a pit of despair when he gets finished by Jones in the rematch.

But after seeing Viking ball-lickers hyping Manuwa (while discrediting Rumble), definitely rooting for Rumble by KO.

Lol @ the moron discrediting Rumble's win over Davis because it was only a UD. Way better than getting taken down easily and tapping within milliseconds.

28uljk4.jpg

Gus got choked out by Davis.
Rumble had Davis running away like he seen a ghost.

McG got choked out by a guy who is just making his first UFC appearance. Rumble got choked out by an old man who has been fighting since 1999.

Reported for the racist reference.

Was hoping Gus would win just to see his nuthuggers fall into a pit of despair when he gets finished by Jones in the rematch.

But after seeing Viking ball-lickers hyping Manuwa (while discrediting Rumble), definitely rooting for Rumble by KO.

Lol @ the moron discrediting Rumble's win over Davis because it was only a UD. Way better than getting taken down easily and tapping within milliseconds.

28uljk4.jpg

I'm a Manuwa fan not a Gus nut-hugger. Rumble is getting completely fucked in this fight.

PS, Manuwa would KO Rumble.

I'm a Manuwa fan not a Gus nut-hugger. Rumble is getting completely fucked in this fight.

PS, Manuwa would KO Rumble.

Seriously??? Wow, that's flat out delusional... #1, Rumble has a chin.... #2, Rumble has beaten stiffer competition over the course of his career, and is getting better, which is not normal for his age. and #3, Rumble ragdolled Davis for an entire fight into a lop sided decision... Davis beat Gus(yes, long ago)

I understand backing a guy you like, but backing them to the point of sounding like a moron makes you look like a nuthugging fanboy... I am a big Faber fan, but you won't see me making claims that he's still a contender. Facts are facts and the fact is that Manuwa isn't in the same league as any top 5, maybe even top 10 LHW.

Last edited:

28uljk4.jpg

Too bad you aren't gone yet. If you knew anything about that fight, it was Gus who went for the takedown. He's come a long way since 5 years ago and was the first to take down Jones.

And the point of discrediting Rumble's UD over Davis is to make you fools look silly for calling Rumble this KO machine when he can't finish guys.

Seriously??? Wow, that's flat out delusional.

Nah, it would happen but I'm sorry UFC hype videos must make you think otherwise.
Please keep rewatching his Lil Nog KO and thinking he can hang with one of the real best strikers at LHW.

EDIT:
#1 Manuwa would punch him in the face and it'd be over.
#2 Performance bonus

Also lmao at the guy in here saying "B-but he decisioned Phil Davis!" as if that takes away from the fact that the only reason Phil Davis survived is because he's durable as hell, and Rumble still made him look like a fool for 3 rounds and beat his ass.

Can you name 1 more person who did Phil Davis like that? Oh yeah, he only has 2 losses, one of them to Rashad Evans in 2012, and Rashad didn't nearly do as much to Phil in 5 rounds that Rumble did in 3 rounds.

Would Manuwa do what Rumble did to Phil Davis? No, he would easily be outgrappled

God I love when Sherdog automatically shoots down a decision as a boring fight or a meaningless win. It's fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back