What Can Gus Improve On From His Last Fight With Jones?

Ashi Barai

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
i see a lot of people here think jones will plug up all the holes from his last fight
with Gus and dominate if a rematch were to happen.

But what about the possibility that Gus can improve too? What do you think he is/should be working on if there's a rematch?

Circling away to his lead side, attacking Jones' lead side, keeping the pressure on Jones distance wise.
Once he started backing off Jones he started losing.

Cardio would be a big one, he dropped the first fight in the last six minutes.

If I was Gus I'd work on offensive kicks in combination with my lateral movement/Boxing and defensive checks as well as clinch work/knees.

If I was Gus I'd work on offensive kicks in combination with my lateral movement/Boxing and defensive checks as well as clinch work/knees.

He showed good knees in manuwa fight. agree on kicks. having higher volume combinations and ending some combos with kicks would catch jones as he's backing up.

I remember him taking a ton of elbows in the clinch. Maybe try harder to avoid the clinch, and when he does clinch don't eat elbows to the face.

Not getting hit by a spinning elbow in the 4th round.

i see a lot of people here think jones will plug up all the holes from his last fight
with Gus and dominate if a rematch were to happen.

But what about the possibility that Gus can improve too? What do you think he is/should be working on if there's a rematch?

He just has to go in and do practically the same thing thing as last time but make sure to avoid any spinning elbows. This time he knows that he can avoid Jones takedowns or at least get up immediately whithout taking any damage. Like someone else wrote a little more pressure wouldn

Well offering Jones coke before the fight apparently won't do anything so I'm stumped

He showed good knees in manuwa fight. agree on kicks. having higher volume combinations and ending some combos with kicks would catch jones as he's backing up.

No, more kicks is a stupid idea. He should use the occasional kick to keep Jones guessing like last time but a lot of kicks will ge him taken down.

No, more kicks is a stupid idea. He should use the occasional kick to keep Jones guessing like last time but a lot of kicks will ge him taken down.

like i was saying at the end of combos when he's backing up

Back