What can Conor possibly do in a rematch with Khabib to win?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Maybe Conor has been training for the Khabib fight non-stop.
But I just don't see how Conor can even hurt or finish Khabib.
His punches won't KO Khabib and he was no chance on the ground.

I don't see any path to victory for Conor.

Last edited:
Get a really quick knockout or become a world class grappler.... I like both and see it going the same way as the first fight with maybe a little more from Conor in the first and second round...

It's a fight. Khabib could get caught. Unlikely finishes have happened before and will happen again. But I think that Khabib finishes him again if it happens.

Knock him out in the 1st before Khabib gets into a clinch or shoots, literally the only way he can win.

Lay on his back and pray for 12-6 elbows to the eye.

Maybe Conor has been training for the Khabib fight non-stop.
But I just don't see how Conor can even hurt or finish Khabib.
His punches won't KO Khabib and he was no chance on the ground.

I don't see a path for victory for Conor.

nothing.

to think that any fighter cant be hurt with strikes is foolish.

i do think khabib wins a rematch, but anything can happen in a fight.

smh

Knock him out in the 1st before Khabib gets into a clinch or shoots, literally the only way he can win.
Conor 2.0 sleeps Khabib in the very first exchange, 100 out of 100 fights..

By punching him really hard in the face of giving him that left shoulder shot.

I always said a well timed knee like Masvidal vs Askren when Khabib is shooting in, KO.

Difficult fight for McGOAT but I will root for him no doubt.

Styles make fights and Khabib is bigger and is a dominant wrestler with a good chin.

Replicate what Masvidal did to Askren or what he did to Aldo...
Failing that work out how to get out of Khabib's leg lock and find a path back to the feet, easier said than done mind you.

Perhaps avoid throwing naked shots and kicks, not to intercept every takedown shot without addressing it, know what his strengths are and strategize around it, feint to draw out lead hand to exploit those reactions, etc...

Khabib came in expecting the best Conor; Conor came in underprepared and overconfident

Back