What can be done about UFC fighter pay

But do you think it's possible for the UFC to allow fighters to get their own sponsors again?

I'm pretty sure they all can have their own sponsors and endorsements still. The sponsors just don't get that in-cage advertising (shorts, banner) that they used to.

Unionization.

I just posted this in another thread
It is why Project Spearhead had no interest ...

Most fighters & management don't want a union.
We seen how few signed up for the anon info cards.

Truth is to be a union, the fighters would need to be classified as employees & that can be a negative because UFC would have more control than they do now.

The majority of fighters & management seem to prefer an association.
that was they can still have the freedom on not having an employer dictating more rules than they have now, but they can have the benefit of a collective looking out for them in the various ways they feel they are slighted.

Sell the 100ft yacht and pay your employees, fucking scumbags.

Lol, like any of us would do this if we'd gotten ourselves to where they are.

That's how people stay wealthy, by not giving it away "just because".

I'm pretty sure they all can have their own sponsors and endorsements still. The sponsors just don't get that in-cage advertising (shorts, banner) that they used to.

100% correct

Smart fighters are making bank with social media promotion & appearances.

An IG post of a fighter seen by a large volume of followers means more than a logo on an ass on ESPN+

But its tough until you get a name, but you can certainly do as many ads, post, appearances as you want.
You can also do it fight week when you get eyes on you, but you can't do it at anything UFC produces

As the sport is getting more exposure by ESPN, the negative side of the UFC will also get more exposure. It may get to a point where UFC's hand may be forced once it becomes known by the casual public that most UFC fighters have to struggle to make ends meet.

Hasn't worked for Boxing where the lower end guys make nothing. Unfortunately ESPN and most people will only care what the stars are making. And the Conors and Jones's of the UFC are making great money

Cool I didn't know that, I never minded the shorts or the banners to be honest. Always got a kick out of some of the pathetic looking ones lol.

Cool I didn't know that, I never minded the shorts or the banners to be honest. Always got a kick out of some of the pathetic looking ones lol.

Tate was one of the first to really work at it
She had a lot of sponsors and after Reebok she was pissed & voiced it
but being smart, she talked with them & worked out other ways to make money & you seen a lot of IG & Twitter & FB post all of a sudden with certain bottled water or exercise gear.
She then started repping fighters to help them do it & that grew into her ONE position

An IG post alone by Tate is worth about $11k according to charts.
Lets say she only gets $5k
1 post every 3 days = $600k a year ... just on IG

Here's what we should do.

We all log into Sherdog every day and openly brag about how we never subscribed to Fight Pass and that we watch illegal streams of the PPVs. And then once a month pretend we give a shit when a long term UFC fighter's pay gets revealed.

Tate was one of the first to really work at it
She had a lot of sponsors and after Reebok she was pissed & voiced it
but being smart, she talked with them & worked out other ways to make money & you seen a lot of IG & Twitter & FB post all of a sudden with certain bottled water or exercise gear.
She then started repping fighters to help them do it & that grew into her ONE position

An IG post alone by Tate is worth about $11k according to charts.
Lets say she only gets $5k
1 post every 3 days = $600k a year ... just on IG
Mama Mia!! Tate with dat buznezz centz <{silvanormal}> But can I ask, what ONE position? She works for ONE FC?

We all log into Sherdog every day and openly brag about how we never subscribed to Fight Pass and that we watch illegal streams of the PPVs. And then once a month pretend we give a shit when a long term UFC fighter's pay gets revealed.

Its funny
I get that

But truth is, the money UFC makes already without the supposed hardcores on SD, is enough to pay better
not like NFL, etc.
The sports structure is way different to compare
But certainly more

I'm one of the dopes that actually pays for Fight Pass & ESPN+ lol, Used to have DAZN too, but for me the quality of content was not worth another streaming service and the look on my wife's face when I say "honey, it's time to pay for my 3 Combat Sports Subscription Services <6>

I'm one of the dopes that actually pays for Fight Pass & ESPN+ lol, Used to have DAZN too, but for me the quality of content was not worth another streaming service and the look on my wife's face when I say "honey, it's time to pay for my 3 Combat Sports Subscription Services <6>

You are only a dope if you don't get enjoyment out of it

The FP & ESPN+ is $15 a month
Not bad for a hobby you enjoy

now PPV at $65 is a very different entity all-together
I can certainly see people balking at most UFC cards at $65 per

@rorschach51
I'm out
I have to sleep

TTYS in another thread or if you have anything else ITT (I'll see the alert Sat)

Not to mention DAZN is doubling their sub fee price, if I was still subbed I would get to keep my current rate for the rest of the year. But being that I canceled if I wanted to sign back up it would be $19.99 now. F that, Canelo, AJ & GGG better be fighting a round robin between each other & Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, Deontey Wilder & Tyson Fury for 19.99 a month. Vasyl Lomachenko to small for that round robin <puh-lease75>

Talk shit and win in spectacular fashion has always been the best way to buy the bank as a fighter. Its still a young sport thats still essentially monopolized. Give it a few decades.
Not sure how u can call it a monopoly at this point, but ur right about the rest.

Anyway, with it being on ESPN, it will have to get better. Too many big names attached to it now

I am not so sure they have more money to spend. 4 billion is a lot of money, And I am sure the celebrity investors also demand some yearly return on their investment.

We all wish the fighters would earn more, but higher salaries usually means that they need to have fewer employees, and fewer fighters. Is that better?

The only solution is the growth of One FC, Bellator And other orgs. Then the fighters can go after the best deal. It has already started.

This is a follow up to the thread made earlier about Josh Emmett complaining he didn't get a POTN bonus.

Now first off, I don't care about Emmett, & I really don't care he didn't get a bonus, but I just find it really sad with how well the UFC is doing that all UFC caliber fighters are not paid well still. Just signing this new billion dollar deal, making more money then ever, and they are still paying their fighters so little that they can barely make a living out of MMA in it's premiere promotion. It's just not right for guys like Cowboy and others who put on great fights almost every time aren't living comfortably. One of the most brutal of all pro sports, but if you're not championship material + act like a moron like McGregor you barely have anything to show for a MMA career except for pain & brain damage. Something's got to be done about fighter pay, with the risks these guys are taking with their bodies it's not right that those who are good enough to hang in the UFC aren't making a comfortable living. Even 4th line plugs & NHL/AHL tweeners make a minimum of close to a million a year, imo the sport will never be taken totally seriously until the start paying even the prelim guys to where they can live without doing a second job & still pay their medical bills.

Is there something that can legitimately be done to force the UFC to pay their fighters like they are actually professional athletes?
Fighters can boycott and protest. Sit out for a year. Every fighter not just the ones at the bottom of the pile. It should be agreed that fighters get X amount of the revenue

Trim the roster and have the better guys remain and fight more often to fill out the cards?

Back