What can be correlated with or against Cost of Living of a city?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am in bad need of help for my long assignment. I need to make an impactful story or conclusion from the data I present regarding all things related to CLI. I need something hidden or not so noticeable so when I do present it as correlated with or against CLI, there is some punch to the presentation.

The obvious are:
Availability and range of residences.
Ease of public transportation(number of highways leading to and out of the area)
Property development.
Hospitals and heathcare
Schools
Shopping centers
Leisure activities and resorts

What else Sherbros? Help me out. Some points I have considered: 1) the ease of being a Digital Nomad, 2) the ease of starting a business, 3) the ease of raising a pet dog.

I am in bad need of help for my long assignment. I need to make an impactful story or conclusion from the data I present regarding all things related to CLI. I need something hidden or not so noticeable so when I do present it as correlated with or against CLI, there is some punch to the presentation.

The obvious are:
Ease of public transportation(number of highways leading to and out of the area)
Property development.
Hospitals and heathcare
Schools
Shopping centers

What else Sherbros? Help me out. Some points I have considered: 1) the ease of being a Digital Nomad, 2) the ease of starting a business, 3) the ease of raising a pet dog.

The cost of good weed

Crime, nearby property values, what is within walking distance (which you pretty much covered) but I wanted to add parks too.

Oh, and what @Kowboy Karl said <Lmaoo>

Gotta be some of out of state and/or foreign real estate owners taking properties out of local rental supply and using for more lucrative short-term rentals, tax cheats from nonresident rental owners not filing or paying income tax, uneducated lazy workforce where multiple workers do the job of one normal person, vandals breaking stuff like porcelain bathroom sinks and toilets then dumbshit city employees deciding to replace with the same material that gets broken again and again instead of using metal, too many lawsuits against the city where corrupt police do things that result in lawsuits like wrongful death, excessive force, forcing people to lick urinal, corrupt politicians.

Gotta be some of out of state and/or foreign real estate owners taking properties out of local rental supply and using for more lucrative short-term rentals, tax cheats from nonresident rental owners not filing or paying income tax, uneducated lazy workforce where multiple workers do the job of one normal person, vandals breaking stuff like porcelain bathroom sinks and toilets then dumbshit city employees deciding to replace with the same material that gets broken again and again instead of using metal, too many lawsuits against the city where corrupt police do things that result in lawsuits like wrongful death, excessive force, forcing people to lick urinal, corrupt politicians.

giphy.gif

Dude, there are plenty of things you have to count. That is not easy stuff, so we will need the help of the internet for sure. Are you making this assignment about your own city? If yes, you can also include your own observations and how it differs from the statistics. Because usually, statistics don’t correspond to the real situation in the country. You can your assignment as this site https://costoflivingreports.com/malta/ that is a very good example. I always use it when I travel, because it is described very clearly in every aspect of life in every country.

Sales tax,
Various kinds or excises, etc.
Property taxes,
If no public transportation, than cost of owning/leasing/maintenance of a car,
Insurance rates (property, etc).

Off the top of my head.

P.s. If appropriate, post your finding/conclusions with cliffs here. Interesting subject.

The obvious are:
Property development.
Hospitals and heathcare
Schools
Shopping centers

Number of art museums. Seriously. More expensive cities have more art museums. Unfortunately, it is usually none for small cities and towns, one for medium size, and two or three for large cities. So maybe not the best correlation.

You could go with median household income or median housing prices. Or simply the population. Larger cities tend to be more expensive. Smaller cities less expensive.

Proximity to a large body of water as well. Basically, just think about things that are correlated with the size of cities. Larger cities are always more expensive than smaller towns. The smaller the town, the lower the cost of living, typically.

Also, if you are doing regression analysis, don’t forget to add a dummy variable for regions or states. Some states are just less expensive. Don’t fall into the dummy variable trap though. PM me if you need help. I have lots of experience with this stuff.

Back