What can Aldo do to gain your respect again?

I have never lost faith in Aldo, I have lost faith in the UFC.

For causals who recently started watching MMA (like me)... He'll probably have to beat McGregor.​
You won't see it. Conor will run from Aldo until the day he retires. Conor doesn't defend belts, and he's happy with the results of the first fight. Why would he ever rematch?

You're talking like as if Frankie Edgar is Prime Anderson Silva or Fedor or some shit. Edgar has been nothing more than a high level gatekeeper in the featherweight division. Aldo was very much expected to beat Frankie "fucking" Edgar.

Baloney. After losing to Aldo narrowly, Edgar had bulldozed everyone they put in front of him. He clearly improved since that close fight with Aldo; nobody could have sensibly expected the rematch to be an easy fight for Aldo.

Fight 3 times in 2017 and start speaking english.... and give me few coupons for those burgers.

Pulling out of fights.

Going back on his words.

Disrespecting his non-Brazilian fans.

Being a paper champion.

At this point, everytime I hear about Aldo I just laugh like he's a joke.

The only way for Aldo to earn my respect is if he went up to lightweight and fought through the ranks until he get a title shot at Conor. Not this whining and moaning and bitching he has done for the last 2 years. I want to see a savage Aldo, not a little child who expects everything handed to him.

Pulls out of fights because he is not 100% healthy, I would do the same.
I like fights, I don't give a shit about words.
Don't pay attention to what he says, I didn't know he disrespects non-Brazilian fans.
Paper champ only because Conor won't defend, he is a true champ.

If Aldo were to move to LW, the only fight he actually deserves is a title shot. Conor didn't have to work his way up the ranks, why should a guy that went undefeated for almost 10 years?

he took out Edgar only a matter of months ago. What more does he need to do?
Getting a decision over gate keeper Edgar is different than taking him out. McGregor "took out" Aldo.

What can Aldo do to gain your respect again?

I want to see Aldo speaking English. He's been coming to America and fighting there for over 8 years now. The UFC is an American MMA company. English is the common world language too. Time for Aldo to put a little effort into that. He's had plenty of down time, not training, during his various injuries over the years. Lets start there.

Pulls out of fights because he is not 100% healthy, I would do the same.
I like fights, I don't give a shit about words.
Don't pay attention to what he says, I didn't know he disrespects non-Brazilian fans.
Paper champ only because Conor won't defend, he is a true champ.

If Aldo were to move to LW, the only fight he actually deserves is a title shot. Conor didn't have to work his way up the ranks, why should a guy that went undefeated for almost 10 years?
Aldo doesn't deserve anything at LW. He isn't even champ in his current weight class

Maybe he can act more douchy like Conor or Ronda...that seems to get Dana's crank hard.

Baloney. After losing to Aldo narrowly, Edgar had bulldozed everyone they put in front of him. He clearly improved since that close fight with Aldo; nobody could have sensibly expected the rematch to be an easy fight for Aldo.
Bulldozed my arse. He fought Uriah Faber to a decision in a dull fight, when Faber was way past his best and fights in a lower weight class. He blanketed Cub Swanson un-impressively. I've no objections to the claim that Edgar is a good fighter but the post I quoted seemed to be making out that beating him was some amazing feat, his reputation around here really flatters his achievements.

So you think Aldo needs to go up to a weight he hasn't fought in 11 years so he can challenge a guy who refused to fight him and Frankie Edgar.....

LOL
Conor got stripped by the UFC because he didn't have the balls to fight Edgar or Rematch Aldo

Come out to Reebok Waldo clothing when coming to fight Holloway. It's the only way.
1394618316296.gif

Aldo doesn't deserve anything at LW. He isn't even champ in his current weight class

Nonsense. Especially considering a guy that lost to Nate Diaz got an immediate title shot at LW.

He doesn't need to do anything. He wasn't the one stopping a FW title rematch from happening.

If he went up to 155 to chase Conor then that would be cool.

Sure he does. Going undefeated for almost 10 years at FW says a lot. Tell me why Conor deserved a LW title shot.

They gave Pettis a interim FW shot after 1 FW win. He is 1-4 in his last five...

Back