What Boxing Gloves Are Best For Pad and Bag Work?

Hazhsh

White Belt
Reaction score
I am fairly new to boxing training and have been looking for a decent pair of gloves to start training with. Will be primarily for pad and bag work.(boxing only) I have looked at many and so far liked the look of the Adidas Performer Gloves. Ringside Club Leather Training Gloves. Twins Specials. Caged steel CS1. I am looking to spend around

Last edited:
I just got a pair of BOON and I really love them. They are a really comfortable and authentic and the price just makes it better

I just got a pair of BOON and I really love them. They are a really comfortable and authentic and the price just makes it better

The BOONS do look nice. Are these suitable for just boxing training as im not really looking to do and mma or muay thai training. Also is there any websites with particularly good deals on gloves. Thanks.

The BOONS do look nice. Are these suitable for just boxing training as im not really looking to do and mma or muay thai training. Also is there any websites with particularly good deals on gloves. Thanks.

I wear mine for both boxing and muay Thai and don't see any reason why you shouldnt. For the price you won't get a better quality glove and the brown leather colour looks fantastic. A lot of websites stock Boon now and you won't have to pay more than

another vote for boon ! I would suggest 12oz if its just for bag/mitts . I also like the rival elite bag gloves in 10/12 oz but they cost more.

I wear mine for both boxing and muay Thai and don't see any reason why you shouldnt. For the price you won't get a better quality glove and the brown leather colour looks fantastic. A lot of websites stock Boon now and you won't have to pay more than

They arent too tight. The compartment in the 10 and 16oz hayabusa gloves are tighter. If you stick with 12 oz you can deffinitly fit your hands with 180 wraps in. Theyre fine for bag/pad work. If the price is too high however, some other posters can chime in on cheaper options

Ok cool. Sounds good. Are they better than Twins. Caged steel and Hayabusa gloves? Would you suggest 12oz for pad and bag work over 14oz ?

For the price they are a great glove ive only ever used fairtex ( regarded as the best thai manufacturer) and sandee before and they are just as good in my opinion. 12oz or even 10oz are usually used for bag and pad work and 14oz and upwards are used for sparring

They arent too tight. The compartment in the 10 and 16oz hayabusa gloves are tighter. If you stick with 12 oz you can deffinitly fit your hands with 180 wraps in. Theyre fine for bag/pad work. If the price is too high however, some other posters can chime in on cheaper options

Im happy to pay the price. Espescially with everyone saying how great they are but they seem to be quite difficult to get hold of. Only seen them on like 2 websites. Maybe due to high domand? Do they only do them in the dark brown ?

Well i get mine from kstargear.com but they're US based. Titlemma has them aswell but shipping may be alot. Im unfamiliar with the other websites that ship from thailand or in the UK if thats where you are from.

and nah, they have other colors too . I believe the ebay source is also one of the cheaper places to get them

Im happy to pay the price. Espescially with everyone saying how great they are but they seem to be quite difficult to get hold of. Only seen them on like 2 websites. Maybe due to high domand? Do they only do them in the dark brown ?

They do come in blue and red aswell. Check this website out he ships them from Thailand so there's a good selection of colours but remember they will take longer to ship and make sure to check shipping costs monstermuaythai.com

Last edited:
They do come in blue and red aswell. Check this website out he ships them from Thailand so there's a good selection of colours but remember they will take longer to ship and make sure to check shipping costs monstermuaythai.com
Edit just looked gloves are only

I found the opposite to be true. I have the Hayabusa 10oz gloves which started out pretty snug, but fit fine now (even with wraps). However, when I tried on the Boons (all sizes) I could barely get my hands in the gloves at all (without wraps on). For reference, my hands aren't huge, either. Maybe it's the shape of my hands, but I couldn't even get the 10oz Boons on.

If you have trouble with the tight fit in the hand compartment, stuff them with newspaper (I do this after each session to dry them out/keep them from smelling) for a day and they will break in and fit better.

When my BOONs were new, the leather was a little stiff (because brand new) and hard to get hands into without opening the hook/loop up, but softened up and broke in very quickly. The use/newspaper made it perfect in 2 sessions.

Worth it.

If you have trouble with the tight fit in the hand compartment, stuff them with newspaper (I do this after each session to dry them out/keep them from smelling) for a day and they will break in and fit better.

When my BOONs were new, the leather was a little stiff (because brand new) and hard to get hands into without opening the hook/loop up, but softened up and broke in very quickly. The use/newspaper made it perfect in 2 sessions.

Worth it.

I understand you have to wear in the leather but have heard off a few people they are a small gloves. Will i be able to wear them with hand wraps after a few sessions or are they just too small inside?

I understand you have to wear in the leather but have heard off a few people they are a small gloves. Will i be able to wear them with hand wraps after a few sessions or are they just too small inside?

Well I can easily. When I use medical gloves (for work) I use the LARGE size, as recommended by the size gauge on the back. My hands are larger than 95% of people, the other 5% of people have fists the size of grapefruits (that's big).

When I go to class, I wear 180" wraps on my hands which slip right inside my Boons (as long as I open the hook/loops and then close them once in), and I can open and close my gloves/hands with minimal effort; I can't imagine it feeling any more comfortable than it already does (including comparison to my Ringside IMF's and RingToCage IMI's, which are extremely comfortable because they're made to be). Even then, it feels like there is a very minimal amount of leftover room in the glove, but not much. It doesn't even get hardly sweaty in there for me, despite my face, shirt, and arms looking like I was in a thunder storm

So if your hands are very large and ALSO thick like sausages (mine are not thick, they are large and long like piano-player's fingers) then it may be different for you, but I'm guessing not. I'm extremely confident about these gloves, and I own several sets of different kinds. If my hands were another layer or two thick (with fat? I dunno), I could still use them just fine.

12 oz or greater are fine for normal hands with wraps. The 10's are a significantly smaller which is why the other poster probably had trouble. I've owned all the sizes as I've bought boons for myself and a few students. I still have my first pair in 12 oz from a couple years ago that i use on the bag. Actually I think they are like 3-4 years old, still look good.

The boons will feel tight at first but after a couple sessions will mold to your hands and feel great.

Back