What Boxers have you met?

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have met one. I met mike tyson at a meet and greet with my family and he was super nice. He has huge hands and face so im sure helped him in boxing.

How about you?

Carl Froch and some Belgian unknown bois and gals (well I guess Delfine Persoon is KIND of known).
Both Froch and Delfine were very nice in person, can't say anything bad about them.

I met Michel Soro at the beach last summer. Standing by him when you're both wearing swimming trunks doesn't do any good to your self esteem, but he's a friendly, humble individual. And pretty smart, at that.

none of my heroes, but some local fighters who never got too far. I've saw sugar ray seales at a golden gloves but didn't approach him. Heard different things about him as far as people coming up to him, i heard that when he came back from the gold win at the oly's some guys said "how's it feel to be a champ" Sugar Ray said "it feels great, how's it feel to be a chump?" but, as happens with men with age, he seemed to have mellowed. One of my customers said he was under Seales' supervision as a teen troublemaker and he said he was "chill".

another guy, I don't think anyone would know him, says he outran Marvin hagler around a local lake (hagler wrote "I do not know this person" when asked by me on facebook) and ended up falling off a mountain and becoming a quadripeligic, didn't know him well, but i heard he was a real asshole when he was young, one other boxer told me "he got what was coming to him" about his accident.

Old British fighters like Charlie Magri and Nicky Piper who were at shows I was boxing at. And I met HW Contender Michael Sprott in a Carphone Warehouse. I saved the sales manager from him (he was intimidating him) by asking for a photo with him.

Jermain Taylor
Terry “The Troublemaker” Smith

Both cool.

Met Carl Froch in 2001 - he was sparring with Howard Eastman (who was preparing to fight Rob McKraken funnily enough) in the gym where I was doing white collar boxing.

He watched us spar, gave us some pointers and was happy to chat.

An all round good guy back then. Comes across as a total tosser on the TV these days...

frankie gomez, shane mosley, and roger mayweather. frankie trained at my gym for a little bit, met shane back stage before he beat the brakes off of margarito, and hung out with roger in a dressing room before one of his fighter's fights.
i think that's everybody.

I have met one. I met mike tyson at a meet and greet with my family and he was super nice. He has huge hands and face so im sure helped him in boxing.

How about you?
Buster Douglas
Roy Jones JR
The Drummer Boy Molina

I have met more pro boxers but I can't remember them all right now.

frankie gomez, shane mosley, and roger mayweather. frankie trained at my gym for a little bit, met shane back stage before he beat the brakes off of margarito, and hung out with roger in a dressing room before one of his fighter's fights.
i think that's everybody.
What was Roger like?

Mosley and RJJ in their primes

RJJ was forgetful but Shane was by far the nicest and most stand-up guy

Mike McCallum
Livingston bramble
Merqui Sosa

And a bunch of low level pros.

Nigel benn - smashed at a party in ibiza where he was DJing
Lennox Lewis at a charity event. Bought a signed pair of gloves
Chris eubank and jr - my mate used to regularly spar little Chris
Joe calzaghe - got friends that know him. Met him a few times