What book change your life?

The Sermon on the Mount by Emmet Fox.

He's way more extreme than I am, but his basic beliefs helped me find the key to the locks in my mind that were holding me back. My life took off like a Rocket after I became open minded to a central intellgence in the Universe that can guide you and help you make decisions etc.

I found a new confidence and began to really go after what I thought that power wanted for me. I'll never know if any of it was really true, but believing it was, changed my life.

Last edited:
Esoteric?
Not really. it's a pretty popular book but it's old as hell. Written many years ago, but as with many truths the principles still hold up and are repeated in various forms by many, many people. His version just happened to hit me in the right way at the right time in my life when I needed it. ;)

b3qbSHuFq8tjVlRrKduLOBXW4mtLoF

Not really. it's a pretty popular book but it's old as hell. Written many years ago, but as with many truths the principles still hold up and are repeated in various forms by many, many people. His version just happened to hit me in the right way at the right time in my life when I needed it. ;)

b3qbSHuFq8tjVlRrKduLOBXW4mtLoF

Thanks dude. I will check it out.

Anna Karenina for me. Such a powerful book even though I'm not a believer I kind of modeled my life through the lenses of one of the characters, Konstantin Levin.
Same here actually. His take on life became more and more comprehensable and important to me as a guidance the older I got. Probably one of the best books I ever read and I've read hundreds over hundreds through my life.

Last edited:
The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. Read it at 15 and sent me down a path that's branched off into 1000 different directions still going on almost 20 years later. A lot of you probably know my obsession with mycology, I probably never would have got into it if I didn't read that even though they're not remotely similar in subject matter.

518QB1LpbRL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But as much for giving me a new perspective on the psychology of belief as it's help in giving up smoking.

Same here actually. His take on life became more and more comprehensable and important to me as a guidance the older I got. Probably one of the best books I ever read and I've read hundreds over hundreds through my life.
Over rated imo

Over rated imo
Nah, it's rightfully one of the great works of world literature. His language was able to describe a profound situation in a mere paragraph were others needed a whole book to describe the exact same thing without adding anything meaningful.

It's masterfully written, it was revolutionary, it's still funny, it's treated philosophic and religious theories in a very simple but meaningful language without losing any depth and it's core thematic is still actual.

If you like it or not is something completey different.

To Kill a Mockingbird made me realize how wonderful a book can be. Gave me a love for reading that lead me to two life changing books:
Siddhartha--Must read for all.
and
The Way of The Peaceful Warrior. This book taught me how to do incredible things by clearing my mind of the "white noise" and focusing.

I wouldn’t say changed my life, however I enjoyed reading immensely as a younger man. It’s what enters my mind at this moment. Ask me In a few days, and Im sure you’ll get 3 different books.

images

images

9780415058445.jpg

Nah, it's rightfully one of the great works of world literature. His language was able to describe a profound situation in a mere paragraph were others needed a whole book to describe the exact same thing without adding anything meaningful.

It's masterfully written, it was revolutionary, it's still funny, it's treated philosophic and religious theories in a very simple but meaningful language without losing any depth and it's core thematic is still actual.

If you like it or not is something completey different.
One of the greatest novels ever written without a doubt.

Can the book change people lifes? Not to sure...

I wouldn’t say changed my life, however I enjoyed reading immensely as a younger man. It’s what enters my mind at this moment. Ask me In a few days, and Im sure you’ll get 3 different books.

images

images

9780415058445.jpg

Just started on Jung .. Done Memories, dreams and reflections, on the above book going to try and get through and understand all the parts of Aion, its brilliant so far.

Some good reads for @Alexander de great
Albert Camus - The Stranger
Vickor E Frankl - Man in search of meaning
Ernest Hemmingway - The old man and the sea
Douglas Murry - The madness of crowds
Daniel Keyes - Flowers for Algernon

Back