What BJJ teams produce best MMA fighters?

Just an FYI for some of the younger or newer people. American Top Team, Brazilian Top Team and Nova Uniao all have roots with Carlson Gracie Sr.

ATT was started by Ricardo Liborio and Conan Silveira. BTT was formed by Ricardo Liborio, Murilo Bustamante, Luis Duarte and Mario Sperry. One half of NU was started by Andre Pederneiras.

ALL of these gentlemen are Carlson Sr. black belts. Mad respect!

This.
Now add in stephan bonner, miguel torres, wallid ismael(sp?), paulo filo, ricardo arona, nog brothers, and vitor belfort. Not a bad team to come from

Nope. There's an MMA team and a BJJ team both by the same name, completely unaffiliated.

That's news to me. I knew TLI had some links with Alliance MMA and that part of the controversy was an LI story being inappropriate towards Eric Del Fierro's wife. I assumed it was a sort of subsection of Alliance BJJ.

Besides Demian Maia, does Alliance BJJ have any other top level MMA fighters?

This.
Now add in stephan bonner, miguel torres, wallid ismael(sp?), paulo filo, ricardo arona, nog brothers, and vitor belfort. Not a bad team to come from

This is only true for Vitor Belfort, Wallid Ismail and Paulo Filho.

Stephan Bonnar is a Sergio Penha black belt (though he received his purple from Sr). Miguel Torres received his from Jr NOT Sr. This is widely misunderstood. Ricardo Arona got his black belt from Ricardo Liborio. The Brothers Nog from De La Riva.

So yes, most of them are descended from Carlson lineage.

That's news to me. I knew TLI had some links with Alliance MMA and that part of the controversy was an LI story being inappropriate towards Eric Del Fierro's wife. I assumed it was a sort of subsection of Alliance BJJ.

serginho...

Demian is still assosiated with Brasa :cool:

This is only true for Vitor Belfort, Wallid Ismail and Paulo Filho.

Stephan Bonnar is a Sergio Penha black belt (though he received his purple from Sr). Miguel Torres received his from Jr NOT Sr. This is widely misunderstood. Ricardo Arona got his black belt from Ricardo Liborio. The Brothers Nog from De La Riva.

So yes, most of them are descended from Carlson lineage.

Thread is what team produced best fighters. Stephan moved to vegas and started with sergio after sr passed and jr awarded miguel his blackbelt well after sr died and miguel won wec title even though miguel never trained under him in honor of SR. who wouldve done it had he still been alive. So no i dont think i misunderstood the question. They were all products of carlsons system and teaching.

Damn. Alliance is out of the question then.

Alliance has Fabricio Werdum since Werdum Combat Team (my gym was affiliated to it) merged with Alliance BJJ.

I get that it's not like having a tradition of badass MMA fighters but my head instructor is successful in the octagone.

Alliance has Fabricio Werdum since Werdum Combat Team (my gym was affiliated to it) merged with Alliance BJJ.

I get that it's not like having a tradition of badass MMA fighters but my head instructor is successful in the octagone.

wouldn't fab be humaita?

Back