what bjj instructional vid do you recommend?

Gsoares2 said:
depends on what you want.. I like training Gi more.. so i got the gi..
If you want Nogi.. get Nogi..... It really is that simple.

its a simple decision, but not an easy one! if you like gi and no gi about the same, its a pain in the ass especially when each is so expensive :mad: ive been trying to decide which set to get for a couple days now.

on my christmas list is the

marcelo garcia 2 instructionals
2005 mundials
2005 pan ams

any of yall have these and would like to leave a comment

I do like Marcelo Garcia's no gi set however it's not much good for beginners, it's better as a supplement to a basics series like Saulo's JJ Revolution.

I personally find it easier to switch from gi to no gi than no gi to gi and would get a gi set before a no gi one unless, like Garcia, there is something about their particular game that I want to learn about to incorporate into my own.

Its not the overhead so much as its the low volume. If your selling a million copies of a Sopranos DVD, you can afford to not make much per DVD. A popular instructional probably sells only in the low thousands of copies, if that.

As an independent producer of instructional grappling videos I can assure you that this is exactly correct.

As a consumer of other people's instructional videos (which I am as well) I always like to compare it to the cost of doing a private class with the instructor in question. Almost always the videos are cheaper, contain more (sometimes much more) information, and you can watch them again and again.

Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

Superbeast said:
I do like Marcelo Garcia's no gi set however it's not much good for beginners, it's better as a supplement to a basics series like Saulo's JJ Revolution.

I personally find it easier to switch from gi to no gi than no gi to gi and would get a gi set before a no gi one unless, like Garcia, there is something about their particular game that I want to learn about to incorporate into my own.

Sounds good. I have also been pondering wheter or not to purchase the Tony Cecchine tapes as well.

NeelyWCU said:
does it piss anyone else off that it seems now people are only selling their dvds in complete sets....i dont have $150, god dammit

Mark Hatmaker sell his entire set? How much is that?

I think for good basics in no gi and mma Mario Sperry's old stuff is great.
I had some of tony c's stuff and it is pretty good for psoition and control positions try to get those if you can. They have some keylock series as well as leg lock stuff which is ok.

Nevermind, I previewed some of Tony C's stuff and his Ground Domination stuff is basically stuff everybody knows with added dick moves. There was so many times that I thought Bruce was going to knock his head off. And also his arrogant subtle demeanor of "bjj sux lolol dis way better" is dumb. His arm manipulation one was ok but god what a dick head!

I have narrowed down my search to Saulo Rib. BJJ (The Gi Set) and some of Michael Jens stuff.

Back