what bjj instructional vid do you recommend?

Wrestler18

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a bjj instructional video and was woundering what other people recommend. The ones i'm looking at are the Marcelo Garcia complete 6 dvd set, the Cesar Gracie set, and the Renzo Gracie/Craig Kukuk vid. I've only been doing bjj for a very short time, so need something with good basics in them. Anyone who has seen or own one of these vids, what would you recommend?

thanks.

i'm not a BJJ player but i've found that the Saulo Freestyle Revolution dvd's are great.

Cesar Gracie's set is excellent. Do that. If you can understand viciously broken English, get the Mario Sperry stuff too.

proud owner of Mario SPerry vale tudo 1-12

nd Caesar Gracies

Mario's is better over all.
even for gi BJJ. just because he presents to you an over all strategy, which even though is
different from BJJ with half a brain you can modify it.
Caesar's stuff seems chaotically put together compared to Mario's

for a beginner though, I love Rorion's stuff.

Roy Harris BJJ 101. The best.

Everything by Michael Jenn. Its all whery good.

Mario Sperry for what you are interested in. Vale tudo is the shit. Heard good shit about sub wrestling and bjj series to...

Stephan Kestings vids is great!

All those are great buys.

Saulo Ribeiros revolution, and if you are a biginner DONT even try to wacht Marcelo Garcias vids... They are anvanced stuff. You just get confused.

does it piss anyone else off that it seems now people are only selling their dvds in complete sets....i dont have $150, god dammit

I just ordered Saulo Ribeiro's jiu jitsu revolution... .. Ill let you know how it is when it gets here.

I ordered after reading only good things about it...

Gsoares2 said:
I just ordered Saulo Ribeiro's jiu jitsu revolution... .. Ill let you know how it is when it gets here.

I ordered after reading only good things about it...

Already watched Saulo Ribeiro's Revolution. Your going to love it!

He just came out with a No-Gi Vid. I think it is called Freestyle or something.

Wolverine
///

Well imagine that - sherdog is out of stock.. and said they will be getting them in "soon" which is such an open ended statement i will probably cancell my order.

One thing i noticed about set dvds is they are WAY over priced. Even when ordering a set of 6 dvd's your paying 25$ per dvd which is already a high price. When you buy a season of a hit show like sopranos or Band of brothers it is 80-100$ max.. I think we are getting worked so bad when it comes to instructional cost..... talk about over head.

fuck paying that much i just dl it with imesh and limewire...

Its not the overhead so much as its the low volume. If your selling a million copies of a Sopranos DVD, you can afford to not make much per DVD. A popular instructional probably sells only in the low thousands of copies, if that. The multi disc instructional sets are like getting multiple private lessons except that you can't ask questions, but the better ones anticipate common questions and answer them, so that isn't that big a problem.

KillaKix said:

No offense but this is why the rest of us have to pay so much.

KillaKix said:
i could never find saulo's on imesh, or ares lite. only thing you can find on there is old crap.. Lik the Rorion instructionals.. and those things suck.

Smorra said:
Its not the overhead so much as its the low volume. If your selling a million copies of a Sopranos DVD, you can afford to not make much per DVD. A popular instructional probably sells only in the low thousands of copies, if that. The multi disc instructional sets are like getting multiple private lessons except that you can't ask questions, but the better ones anticipate common questions and answer them, so that isn't that big a problem.
makes perfect sense.. I knew this.,.. just wanted to vent, and bitch a little about dropping 150$ on 6 dvds..

Wrestler18 said:
I am looking to buy a bjj instructional video and was woundering what other people recommend. The ones i'm looking at are the Marcelo Garcia complete 6 dvd set, the Cesar Gracie set, and the Renzo Gracie/Craig Kukuk vid. I've only been doing bjj for a very short time, so need something with good basics in them. Anyone who has seen or own one of these vids, what would you recommend?

thanks.

Nobody said anything about the Renzo/Kukuk videos ... do they suck for a beginning jiu jitsu guy?

Would it be more wise to purchase the Saulo Jiu Jitsu Revolution for the gi game or just get Freestyle Revolution and just transfer that to the gi game?

depends on what you want.. I like training Gi more.. so i got the gi..
If you want Nogi.. get Nogi..... It really is that simple.

Back