What bjj belt beats Bruce Lee?

These are dumb questions...
If he was around to compete in Pride he would learn better ground skills and have access to training like veryone else.

If you are around then,you wouldn't have a fraction the training access he has
logic wins the thread

An old school gracie style vale tudo bjj fighter or these modern day tournament bjj fighters? Modern day doesnt translate to actual fighting unfortunately

Best out of ten, both in physical prime and and of course PRIDE RULES...Who did you say? Pride rules. Paid rules? Priiiiiide Rurelz.

Have a great Wednesday!
Blue.
Also highschool wrestlers.
Also most people on the regional MMA scene.

Bruce Lee was an actor and philosopher, not a fighter.

. But to say he didn't at least have more than a chance at beating a Gracie in a mixed rules fight or low/mid tier UFC fighter in a striking match, is a little absurd.[/QUOTE]

Sure he could beat a Gracie. A white belt Gracie (they are about 7-10 years old.)

Depends on what kind of fight we talking about....If there are no rules, Bruce Lee would fuck a lot of these black belts. People don't understand what kung fu is. It's an art that is designed and made to be practiced in close combat situations, where all your vital organs, your bones are fair game.

A good competition blue belt who has some take down skills beats him, and I'm a massive BL fan.

Yikes, not a single penetration step in sight.

It is true that a lot of long time BJJ students have no toughness, are super afraid of being hit, and have zero wrestling while solely relying on Gi based Judo takedowns.

An athletic, no gi based, blue belt for sure gets the job done far more often than not. Any no belt all state wrestler gets the job done 100% of the time.

I've found the reverse to be more common, at least at the gyms I've trained at - if they train any takedowns at all, BJJers will (poorly) attempt wrestling doubles and singles because that's what they learned from their MMA-based instructor. Pretty rare to see a BJJ gym that teaches proper Judo TDs. My school used to have O goshi and O soto gari on the blue belt test curriculum but they quietly took them out when they saw how much of a disaster that was. Even the BB coaches didn't know how to do them properly.

Black belt? Every single one of them.

Hell any white belt that's more than 160 pounds and trained longer than 6 months will have a significant size and skill advantage over him.

Bruce talked about the ground but has anyone seen him roll before? I haven't and I've seen a full contract Bruce Lee fight.

He won but I wasn't really sold on his opponent. Looked like his opponent was hand picked to lose.
If they’re rolling regularly then yeah, probably even trained up white belts beat him. It’s kind of crazy how much bjj has progressed in the past couple decades. I’ve heard it postulated that most competitive purple belts today would wipe the floor with guys like Royce from back in the day.

Master Bruce Lee often credited Sensei Seagal for his spiritual counseling. Little do people know, that it was Sensei Seagal who taught Lee the infamous death tickle touch that could render an opponent unconscious and possibly cause death! To this day Sensei Seagal has vowed to never reveal the death tickle touch secrets, for fear that it may lead to a death in the Octagon!

Weight matters and so does age. Bruce Lee died a year past prime 33 and only weighed 135 lbs. Against another135 lb athlete he might have done ok but in the open weight tournaments he would be absolutely killed (again.)

If they’re rolling regularly then yeah, probably even trained up white belts beat him. It’s kind of crazy how much bjj has progressed in the past couple decades. I’ve heard it postulated that most competitive purple belts today would wipe the floor with guys like Royce from back in the day.
Hmmm...

I think if you takes the Gracies from 93 and put them into today's BJJ tourneys they'd get smoked. None make it past second round.

But the Gracies didn't do BJJ for sport. It's actually a fighting system. Look on YouTube for Gracie challenge videos. The Gracies punched, kicked, elbowed along with grappling.

So do I think Gary Tonnen can beat a prime Renzo Gracie in a fight? Hell no

There is a lot of variance in White/Blue belts.

Saying a blue belt beats Bruce Lee requires more specificity.

Do you mean Joe Average 35 year old weekend warrior who showed up for 12 months? Or even erratically over a 36 month period?

Or do you mean 22 year old Chad Thunderslam from Wrestling U, who only has a blue belt because of tenure in BJJ, despite having thousands of mat hours in wrestling?
Lol, liked for “Chad Thunderslam”

Master Bruce Lee often credited Sensei Seagal for his spiritual counseling. Little do people know, that it was Sensei Seagal who taught Lee the infamous death tickle touch that could render an opponent unconscious and possibly cause death! To this day Sensei Seagal has vowed to never reveal the death tickle touch secrets, for fear that it may lead to a death in the Octagon!

Is that the same thing as fluffy fingers?

Depends on if Bruce spent more time with Gene LeBell or not but if not I’d say a experienced white belt. If he did spend time with Gene probably a blue belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back