What became of Daneil Omielanczuk's doping accusation?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He was notified of a potential violation but was allowed to compete and now it seems like it disappeared.

He was notified of something called Meldonium which was used by Maria Sharpova in tennis and recently another Russian Islam Makhachev pulled 1 day before his UFC fight.

Don't quote me on this, but iirc that compound had been recently added to the banned substance list and the problem was USADA really didn't know how long it stayed in the body. So, they basically let them off the hook for that one time.

giphy.gif

Don't quote me on this, but iirc that compound had been recently added to the banned substance list and the problem was USADA really didn't know how long it stayed in the body. So, they basically let them off the hook for that one time.
Than The question becomes what happened to makhachev? How did he not get the same leniency

That's actually kind of rookie on them to not know the half-life of a substance they add to a list of banned things. It's one of the basic science things that would need to happen.

Back