Opinion What bearing does "human nature" have on the outcome of capitalist-technocracy?

Everybody is philosophical and long winded...I will summarize, Things might work out just fine, or they might not...I’m good with either scenario...

But I bet you won't give up roads and running water and the Internet.
That's probably because change isn't instantaneous. But pretending it is makes for an endless rebuttal. We don't live in a binary world, so perceiving it as such just distorts everything. Black folks in the 60s didn't give up the drinking fountain just because it said "colored only". Change is gradual, but excuses to do nothing are never ending if you expect change overnight.

Secondly, what exactly did my point have to do with running water?? Did you just manufacture some reason to be negative? That could be because you are internally very depressed, and so you lead with that depressive mindset.

Last edited:
I think the major issue will arise when technology becomes too powerful to possibly be in the hands of anyone. Immensely powerful military weapons, targeted viruses, manipulation of the brain, nanotechnology (e.g. surveillance, biomedical attack or control), etc. There's a big concern of state or corporation control over ordinary people, and a bigger concern on the survival of the species itself if a serious war were to break out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back