What Barao's loss proves

Maximum007

1000 Pound Belt
@Green
Reaction score
TJ pretty much laid out the blueprints of how to beat Barao, great footwork, a lot of faints, a lot of head movements, and speed! Does that remind you of any of BW?

I don't know about now, but last night proves that the Dominick Cruz before the injury would have beaten Barao comfortably.

you're late on these comments - tj even looked like cruz in there - you're way late here w these obvious hindsight bias related comments - i would at least hope you guys can get there faster

I think it's hard as well as pointless to speculate if Cruz would have beaten Barao.

It proves that last night he could beat Barao. not much else. Also, TJ fights nothing like Cruz.

It proves that last night he could beat Barao. not much else. Also, TJ fights nothing like Cruz.

Exactly....it only proves TJ can beat Barao.

TS...the extremely boring and tired logic you display here with false connection of silly dots is just plain dumb. Your use of "proving" how the result of one fight directly correlates to how another fighter may or May have not fared is dumb. And no, at no time in the fight did TJ ever "faint". I'm sure if TJ "fainted" at anytime during the fight, Barao surely would have won.

Cruz could have done the same thing minus the finish.

Cruz would have beat Barao via UD me thinks

I'm waiting for Bjorn to come out of his bush and say something like it was always clear that Dantas is the best BW evah.
Impressed by Dillashaw, didn't expect his win at all.

i'm waiting for bjorn to come out of his bush and say something like it was always clear that dantas is the best bw evah.
Impressed by dillashaw, didn't expect his win at all.

lmao!!

I hope Renan will bounce back! I'm a big fan of him. He's still young and has a lot to offer the MMA world in the years to come. Dillashaw did absolutely great. Probably the n1. 1 p4p fighter to Dana.

TJ pretty much laid out the blueprints of how to beat Barao, great footwork, a lot of faints, a lot of head movements, and speed! Does that remind you of any of BW?

I don't know about now, but last night proves that the Dominick Cruz before the injury would have beaten Barao comfortably.

I have been saying this before or even after surgery Cruz is incredibly intelligent when it comes to game-planning and adaptability. Apparently all shertards can say is "barao is a monster and too much for cruz" and "barao can dominate featherweight"...

Not a big fan of "laying out the blueprint" comments. Barao can change his tactics and get even stronger. I for one wouldn't be sold on a second TJ domination if they fought again.

I bet cruz was watching watched that fight with a hint of anger. It's almost conformation that had he been able to get in the cage with Barao, he probably would have won and looked great.

what it means is tj dillashaw is a god, swag bitch. #GRATATA!

It showed more that just leg kicks alone aren't going to beat Dominick Cruz or TJ Dillashaw which many people thought.
Footwork > Leg kicks

I didn't need this fight to think that Cruz would defeat Barao. :)

Mma unpredictable as shit

Reminds me of Cruz and Edgar

His loss proves he needs to work to learn traditional boxing fundamentals or atleast how to counteract lateral movement instead of looking like he is fighting a magician.

Back