What Auto Rematches did you agree with and why?

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
for me it was Penn vs Edgar 2, Shogun vs Machida 2 cus of controversial decisions
Silva vs Weidman 2 I was happy with since Silva was champ for many years and never lost in the UFC and ppl thought the first fight was a fluke
Edgar vs Maynard 3 made sense since that 2nd fight was a draw

Would like to see Blaydes vs Lewis again so that he can wipe that Popeyes chicken grease smile off his face .

Jon Jones vs Gustafson because ppl thought that he actually won the fight so in order to prove that Jones was a better fighter they had to run it back.

I’m for automatic rematches if one of these criteria is met.

1. The fight was a draw.

2. There was a controversial, robbery type decision.

3. There was something controversial in the fight that directly, undoubtedly effected the outcome.

4. A longtime champion (think GSP, Silva) loses their belt.

Any rematch that meets any of those requirements is fine by me.

Would like to see Blaydes vs Lewis again so that he can wipe that Popeyes chicken grease smile off his face .

Jon Jones vs Gustafson because ppl thought that he actually won the fight so in order to prove that Jones was a better fighter they had to run it back.
AUTO REMATCHES * that wasn't an auto rematch but it should of been

Stipe/DC I agreed with, I wouldn't have agreed to 2 rematches if I knew it would have held up the division for so long though.

JJ/Rose 2 made sense aswell for me at the time.

Serra/GSP aswell

These are not gonna be popular in the slightest but I'd say Max vs Volk 2, he defended the belt 3 times prior, and was a Fan Favorite.

TJ vs Cody 2. Before the rematch it was clear that both had the ability to finish each other and it was one of the more exciting fights to make at BW at that time. Cody was riding some serious momentum going into 217, and the Fight delivered as anticipated, so I personally had no problem with the rematch. Besides, it made for some funny Shoops, and to see TJ's subsequent downfall was also very interesting haha.

for me it was Penn vs Edgar 2, Shogun vs Machida 2 cus of controversial decisions
Silva vs Weidman 2 I was happy with since Silva was champ for many years and never lost in the UFC and ppl thought the first fight was a fluke
Edgar vs Maynard 3 made sense since that 2nd fight was a draw
I agree with all these rematches EXCEPT for Weidman vs Silva 2. I don't believe Anderson really wanted to fight him the first time let alone the second time.

He knew in his heart that his time atop was up but unfortunately he got bought.

I agree with all these rematches EXCEPT for Weidman vs Silva 2. I don't believe Anderson really wanted to fight him the first time let alone the second time.

He knew in his heart that his time atop was up but unfortunately he got bought.
Also they should have given Rampage a rematch against Griffin IMO.

When a dominant champ like Silva, GSP, or Aldo loses their title (only initially, not if they gain it back and lose it shortly after again). Or if there's a legit controversy like rule breaking or something. This bullshit of rematch for money reasons has to stop. I'm not sure if I really even feel like a draw fully deserved a rematch with one win in between.

Conor vs Dustin 2

Just a satisfying rematch, given the history

When my guy unexpectedly loses to an underdog - would've loved to see RDA vs Alvarez 2!

A dominant LONG time champion should probably get that consideration. And I mean like at least 5 straight defenses before a loss. It seems 2 defenses rates the title of “dominant champion” around here, though. There’s also a draw.

Ideally, I’d rather never see an automatic rematch for a title. But those are the only situations where I can agree to one.

Back