What are your unpopular boxing opinions.

Hence my post in this thread. People seem to forget Nas won 4 rounds and only needed to switch 2 more to win. Most people act like he got shut out
That hence doesn't make sense.

I'm saying it could be a 50/50 thing. One guy might just have the ''better fighters" number and those excuses are just excuses.

In fact i bet they were just excuses

Nar actually my style has evolved a fair bit as I got older. Reflexes have slowed a bit so i have to rely on a higher guard, and a slightly more pressure based style. On the positive side I have learnt how to use body punches and power shots more effectively. You probably could out box me these days, if you consider lots of running away to be "out boxing".

Nar actually my style has evolved a fair bit as I got older. Reflexes have slowed a bit so i have to rely on a higher guard, and a slightly more pressure based style. On the positive side I have learnt how to use body punches and power shots more effectively. You probably could out box me these days, if you consider lots of running away to be "out boxing".
Reflexes are great if you have em but the beautiful thing about boxing that there's an incalculable amount of ways to fight somebody. You just got to figure out how to be the most you.

I have absolutely no idea how it'd look if we boxed. I'm pretty long in reach so it wouldn't exactly be surprising on what a long southpaw wants to do. I don't know if we're even comparable...could be 50lbs apart for all we know

Reflexes are great if you have em but the beautiful thing about boxing that there's an incalculable amount of ways to fight somebody. You just got to figure out how to be the most you.

I have absolutely no idea how it'd look if we boxed. I'm pretty long in reach so it wouldn't exactly be surprising on what a long southpaw wants to do. I don't know if we're even comparable...could be 50lbs apart for all we know
Super middleweight. But I've been lazy for a few years now and fuck my feet have got slow. I learnt how to cheat by not moving to much, but the last time I boxed some young fella that could move, I got a little worn out to say the least. The little prick hit me and then fucked off, very frustrating...

I remember when Forrest beat Mosley and said that the best thing to do against someone with superior reflexes/speed is to break them down with the jab. It's something I always remember as it was when I first started boxing, and I never had great hand speed. Either that or pressure and body shots. (I just love rolling under shots and ripping the body, boxing safe just isn't as fun as breaking them down with power shots, even if I have to eat a few)

Super middleweight. But I've been lazy for a few years now and fuck my feet have got slow. I learnt how to cheat by not moving to much, but the last time I boxed some young fella that could move, I got a little worn out to say the least. The little prick hit me and then fucked off, very frustrating...
I'm a jr middleweight after a huge meal

Not all that far apart i mean we're not world elite where half of a pound matters. Probably similar height id assume so it'd be more or less fair for our purposes of just fuckin around

Not all that far apart i mean we're not world elite where half of a pound matters. Probably similar height id assume so it'd be more or less fair for our purposes of just fuckin around
Sounds fun, but I'm a little old to go chasing young whippersnappers around a boxing ring. Phone box after we have both had half a bottle of whiskey, maybe?

Sorry, you probably aren't even familiar with phone boxes.

Lennox Lewis is the most underrated heavyweight fighter ever. He's better than any version of Tyson or Holyfield.

That hence doesn't make sense.

I'm saying it could be a 50/50 thing. One guy might just have the ''better fighters" number and those excuses are just excuses.

In fact i bet they were just excuses
Yea it does make sense. Its possible but unpopular, hence my post in this thread. You can feel free to watch the documentary and make your own assessment on nas, his mental state and his effort in training rather than talking about excuses or having his number

Professional sports competitors earned a median salary of $51,370 annually in 2017, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This means that half of pro athletes, including pro boxers, earned less than this amount. The lowest paid 10 percent tier earn less than $19,220 per year.
https://work.chron.com/salaries-pro-boxers-30165.html

You guys just can't handle the truth.
He got exposed as a boxer who sucks at boxing and he can't fight, clearly...Fury took his fuckin lunch money

So a boxer puncher who loses every rd until landing a lucky charms shot is the most gifted heavy ever. K great.

roberto durán is the most overrated & underrated fighter at the same damn time

Back