Television What are Your Top 3 Sitcoms of the 1990s?

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Here's a simple question, what are your top three favorite TV sitcoms from the 1990's? Now the show didn't have to end during the 90's, it just has to either been started during the 90's or its peak popularity was during the 90's.

1 - Seinfeld - Nothing like it before or since; an off-the-map model of TV that can't be duplicated (except by Larry David). More quotable lines than maybe any other show.

2 - Frasier - Some of the best writing ever. Re-watched some old clips and it's actually even funnier.

3 - The John Larroquette Show - Ahead of its time. If you remove the laugh track and put it on a cable network it would thrive today, but some of the subject matter was a little too edgy for 90s primetime.

I never got into Friends. I just didn't find it that funny. Married with Children was pretty funny, but I have to be in the mood.
Then of course Full House was a staple at the time. I also used to be into Step by Step and Boy Meets World a little bit.

For british ones:

Mr Bean
Bottom
Only Fools & Horses
Fawlty Towers

Reactions: Zer
This has been done like 30 times but I think Seinfeld, frasier and friends ... home improvement was up there in the ratings but that show doesn’t hold up at all if you watch it now .
Pretty sure your british picks are from the 70s and 80s

Literally made this thread lol
WideJampackedDrongo-max-1mb.gif

Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
In Living Color
Beavis and Butthead
Ren and Stimpy

Fraser sucks. Why do people love it so much

In the 90s
1. Beavis and Butthead
2. Married w Children

I didn't like anything else. Friends was horrible. I saw Seinfeld 's stand up and I never gave his show a chance bc of it

Now, I appreciate Seinfeld as the #1 show

Roseanne - my clear #1 and it's not close. Stellar cast that had great chemistry, excellent writing, and tackled a number of social and family issues unlike any other...one of the GOAT sitcoms, IMHO.

Cheers and Golden Girls would likely be my #2 and #3...but, despite both ending in the early 90's, their hey day was clearly the 80's, so any two from:
- Married with Children (groundbreaking for TV)
- Martin (ridiculous, but underrated)
- Frasier (surprisingly good for a spinoff)
- 3rd Rock from the Sun (brilliant cast)

If animated sitcoms are included, then obv the Simpsons has to be in there.

Friends and Seinfeld are two that I could just not get into at all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back