What are your thoughts on pacifists?

What? Tell that to the Okinawans who used their garden tools to create a martial art.

Well before the wide spread use of gun powder.

Meaning they were warriors in a garden.....

My point stands.

I had a professor in college who was a staunch pacifist, he even claimed that if someone broke into his house and were harming his wife/daughters, that he would not defend them with force. He actually managed to convince quite a few people, atleast at the time to take on that point of view.

I remember despising those views, because it had been ingrained in me, since growing up that "as a man" protecting is what we do. So if the time calls for it, you have a responsibility of stepping up, and whatever happens happens. The fact that this "person" would not even defend his family was ludicrous.

Although he also believed that "killing" in games like Halo or COD, was no different than murder in real life.

I had a professor in college who was a staunch pacifist, he even claimed that if someone broke into his house and were harming his wife/daughters, that he would not defend them with force. He actually managed to convince quite a few people, atleast at the time to take on that point of view.

I remember despising those views, because it had been ingrained in me, since growing up that "as a man" protecting is what we do. So if the time calls for it, you have a responsibility of stepping up, and whatever happens happens. The fact that this "person" would not even defend his family was ludicrous.

Although he also believed that "killing" in games like Halo or COD, was no different than murder in real life.

Pics of wife

I had a professor in college who was a staunch pacifist, he even claimed that if someone broke into his house and were harming his wife/daughters, that he would not defend them with force. He actually managed to convince quite a few people, at least at the time to take on that point of view.

He's either a liar or a raging pussy. Which makes me wonder how he ever got laid in the first place.

{<jordan}

Back