What are your thoughts on Ed Herman?

HendricksPunch

Quick jab by Hendricks
@Blue
Reaction score
He's in a weird position in the UFC. He is just kind of there. He's had a long career, but he hasn't done anything substantial. He's had great stoppage & submissions wins, but he looks like he's sleepwalking when he's fighting. What are your thoughts on Ed Herman?

P.S. that Krylov KO has crazy! Perfect head kick! I hope Herman is okay though. He's durable.

He's someone with a lot of skills and very little talent. He's done well for himself considering how incredibly slow he is.

I've watched a few of his fights but can't remember much

I do know that he is a ginger

It's very rare I watch anything on the prelims

Also he's been around for a long time
And still not done anything major to grab my attention

Hermans submission attack is way underrated but sadly his time is up :( time to move on

I'm surprised Tito didn't pick him.

He's been hanging in there through the years. Early on in his fight last night I thought he was getting worked and would get KO'd.

Tough aging dude but don't see him getting a title shot.

Been a fan of his since tuf. Seems very plodding and slow anymore. I still think he got robbed in the finale.

Loses to 75% of the division or more

I liked him on tuf and followed him for a bit before he started to fade. Now I'm always surprised he's still fighting.

Guys like him should go to smaller orgs like bellator or wsof. I think it would benefit everyone

I like him I know he's not a world beater but he's a good dude. Sucks he lost right when I said he's coming on and seemed to get out of first gear land some good punches then bam.

I liked him on tuf and followed him for a bit before he started to fade. Now I'm always surprised he's still fighting.

Guys like him should go to smaller orgs like bellator or wsof. I think it would benefit everyone
I think he would do very well in Bellator. Like really well. His muay thai clinch impressed me against Boesch. I think he could make a great run there.

He could be cut and I wouldn't care.

I know he has a short fuse, and I would never bet on him.

He's a decent fighter, but as others have noted quite slow. Has enough skill to get some solid wins, but at 35 the clock is probably running out for him. He's been on a win - lose - win pattern for the last few years. He might be able to finish up his career against lower tier fighters in the UFC or maybe go to Bellator. One thing of note, that was only his second KO loss of his career. He has a pretty solid chin.

Way to small for 205 - he is a mid size 185er. Past his prime and would lose to 75% of the UFC roster (I saw this posted in an earlier thread and agree 100%) Seems like a solid dude, needs a new career, fighting for a living is over.

Those tattoos he got on his stomach are terrible.

He's like Chris Leben lite.

Back