What are your go to first dates?

Museum.

Museums are great because you both can share opinions and expression. They always have a little section where you can just sit and converse. If all goes well, you both can walk over or agree to meet at a cafe or restaurant.

It really depends on the girl. If she's poppin' bottles in a short dress every weekend. She probably won't find any of this intriguing.

You, Sir... Are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

No he isn't. Guys who order Manhattans on the rocks are usually the insecure types who argue with the Bartender over a cocktail glass. It was good enough for Humphrey Bogart and every guy who played James Bond so shut up.

If your city has an artwalk that's prime. Tons of art galleries, bars, and other businesses are all open some night. You have a couple square miles where you can just walk around looking at art, trinkets, street performers, and then have a drink. When you bounce from place to place it builds familiarity which is a good thing.

For the more edgy girls there is a burlesque show here. The girls stripped down to pasties pretty much but it gets all the women in the crowd worked up. Have some drinks and I didn't even have to talk except to agree that "this girl is hot." There was a place with a dancefloor up the street and they never said no after seeing that show. It was right by the beach for a late night walk after. Triple threat.

I know a rooftop bar with the best view of the city and my boy works there so I am treated like royalty.

I know another bar/dance club that looks like something out of a fuckin movie. This is where I brought the high class tail.

Active is good. I knew a dive with a ping pong table and they blared good music. It was also across the street from a gallery. So after looking at some art I let the lady person "beat" me at ping pong and we have some drinks. Was some sex panther shit.

Crazy in the head, crazy in bed.

In those cases, it's always better to go to her house.

Lucky for me, my house is in a little neighborhood and it's pretty confusing to get to if you don't know it, so I don't have to worry about shit like her coming to find me.

And besides, most crazy girls only turn crazy if you tell them you want to be with them, and stop returning their calls, or tell them that you love them and start sleeping with other people. If you tell them that all you want is to hang out and fool around, they're usually cool with it.

Also, first date? Anything that involves drinks, or the outdoors, and then hopefully back to yours/hers.

If you want her though, always make a move at the end. Then you won't get friendzoned.

"What is all this dinner-and-a-movie shit? Why can't people just go somewhere and fuck for three to four hours?"

--George Carlin

i'm a bit surprised at the amount of people that are suggesting your place, or hers. when i'm going out with a chick for the first time, i don't make it obvious that i'm really interested. i don't even know if i'm really interested. i usually end first dates within the first few hours. i don't like prolonging first dates since it's a meet-up and a get-to-know-her type of thing for me. i also do this because it places doubt in the chick's mind on whether i'm interested in her, thus making myself more interesting to her.

it's usually on the second or third date, where i invite the chick to my place.

Fuck movie dates though, those are the worst. What's the point of even taking a chick to the movies? Can't talk, can't look...useless.

I don't really have any go-tos. Something like dinner and a movie is not only boring for me, but it's just so par for the course that it doesn't make you stand out in any way.

Fuck movie dates though, those are the worst. What's the point of even taking a chick to the movies? Can't talk, can't look...useless.

I'm proud to say I've never once took a girl out to a date, even while in a relationship I still don't take her to a damn movie.

Anyway, I live in tropical paradise and beach access is plentiful. My go-to first date is usually a short walk out on the beach at night, I'll have a blanket with me so that eventually we'll just sit and talk. Not boring at all as I'd never ask a girl out I'm not interested in getting to know or if she hasn't pegged my curiosity in any way before the date.

invite them to my place and cook for them.

This.

Cook dinner is a winner from my experience. Then you can also make your 2nd date one where she has to cook, that way you can find out if she's any good in the kitchen. Win win imo.

So I need ideas. I don't normally date, but I'm trying it out with this biddy for research purposes/personal growth an shit. You're all banging 10s, so I know you're charmers. What are your tried and true first date success strategies?

I think the best first dates are ones where you can talk. Don't do anything distracting, but something that has a nice ambiance to it.

For example, I always take the girl on the back of my sport bike, then park on top of a mountain with an amazing view, and just bullshit forever. The view and the bike ride give us something to talk about casually, and the chemistry is usually fucking absurd. Shit works every fucking time.

I don't know if you have a bike or mountains where you live, but yeah, something like that would kick ass.

i got engaged but when i was single, i only did one first date. over and over with tons of girls

picnic at the university arboretum. with a wicker picnic basket and checkered blanket

im ugly and i still made it past first date every time i went on that date. shits a panty dropper

In those cases, it's always better to go to her house.

Lucky for me, my house is in a little neighborhood and it's pretty confusing to get to if you don't know it, so I don't have to worry about shit like her coming to find me.

And besides, most crazy girls only turn crazy if you tell them you want to be with them, and stop returning their calls, or tell them that you love them and start sleeping with other people. If you tell them that all you want is to hang out and fool around, they're usually cool with it.

You're dead on with that last sentence. All it takes is a little honesty with women and things won't be so bad.

Generally I only go for drinks (alcohol, tea) on the first date. No meals, no movies. Movies are pointless and I don't want to spend too much money and stuff my face in front of somebody I barely know. I try to take her to different places on the date and have a lot of different experiences. I like to walk around, find a bar/cafe, talk for a bit and walk around some more.

There's an area in my city perfect for this. There's stream that's really nice to look at and has some art galleries and touristy attractions to wander into.

Back