What are your go to first dates?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Leagon, May 29, 2014.

1. Leagon

Leagon Red Belt

So I need ideas. I don't normally date, but I'm trying it out with this biddy for research purposes/personal growth an shit. You're all banging 10s, so I know you're charmers. What are your tried and true first date success strategies?

RockstarChris likes this.
  2. triangle killer

triangle killer Purple Belt

Drink alcohol and bang the bish

Misfit23 and ManCityFC9 like this.
  3. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

Park or Amusement Park. I would stay away from movie theatres, I had a couple of those and they were pretty lame

4. Sexy

Sexy Titanium Belt

sushi, then drinks after.
    or drinks, then sushi.

mb23100 likes this.
  5. bcordova

bcordova Brown Belt

When I was dating I would take them to a restaurant I frequent. Where the people kinda know me. Seemed to work when the staff knows me by name and stuff. After that some drinks or something like that. Movies are horrible first date ideas. Sit next to a person in silence for 2 hours.

6. szniper

szniper Banned Banned

her parents house, empty lobby or if shes cool on her driveway, the backseat of my impala

not necessarily in that order

7. RerouteToRemain

RerouteToRemain Silver Belt

I like to do something active and fun. Followed up by some cheap food and beer. I save nice dinners for after I know the person. I feel like I really get to know someone better after doing some kind of activity vs a dinner date.

I also like doing outdoor stuff so if that is not your thing then idk. Ask her what she likes to do for fun.

Ceez likes this.
  8. Tooth and Nail

Tooth and Nail Forever Brocktober

Movie, then dinner.

That way you have something to talk about during dinner.

9. szniper

szniper Banned Banned

alpha male itt

10. Cuel And Lewk

Cuel And Lewk Mr. Cool Hand Luke Ice

invite them to my place and cook for them.

11. drstrangelov

drstrangelov Hey.

I had a handful of restaurants I'd start with when I was single. Centrally located, mid priced with nice decor and good scotch/wine/cocktails. Have a gameplan for a second location, nearby if it's going poorly and you want an exit, in the direction of her place or yours if you're gonna spend the night together.

12. FwappyEnding

FwappyEnding Brown Belt

I make sure to give her some lotion, turn down the lights, sit on her for a bit till she goes numb and proceed to party...

that my friends, is what I call a blind date aka the stranger.

13. Higus

Higus Silver Belt

First dates are something I consider myself pretty good at. I'm going to give you a the blue print to a good first date in a little while. Warning: It will be an tl;dr essay. In the mean time, where do you live? What kind of attractions are in your area? Locations can open up options.

EDIT: OK, here goes.
    First, logistics is critical on a successful first date. Do a good amount of research and you will set yourself up for success.

First Date Blue print:

1. Best time for a first date is Thursday evening during the summer. If things go well, you can plan to meet her on the weekend. If not, you can plan to see another chick you are already seeing. Google “Spinning plates” on how the art of dating multiple girls at the same time.
    2. If she lives in the city, pick a location close to her place, preferably walking distance. It will give you an excuse to drop her back off at home and you can at least get a kiss good night. If things are going well, she will invite you in and you can try to escalate. You can go someplace closer to your place on a second or third date when you are ready to close.
    3. Pick a place that is semi-casual and dress appropriately.
    4. Pick a place you are familiar with in a neighborhood with multiple other bars/cafes/shops/restaurants/attractions nearby. If things are going well, you can move from one place to the next and keep the date going.
    5. A bar with a classy menu is a good first date choice. Tapas are a nice choice, but don’t go overboard. You should ideally order something a couple of apps that you can share while you have drinks and get to know each other. Most girls don’t like being taken to a steak dinner on a first date; it pressures them to “return the favor”, which is a turn off.
    6. Pick a seat at the bar or a table where you are sitting next to her instead of across from her. 2 reasons why: 1) It’s less confrontational, so both of you will feel more relaxed, 2) it’s easier to touch her. Touching her is probably the best way to gauge the way the date is going and it has to be done sooner or later. If you don’t feel comfortable touching her within 20 minutes of the date, it’s probably not going that well. At some point, say something like “that’s a nice (ear rings, bracelet, etc.)” and touch it to examine it. If she’s comfortable with that, you move into putting a hand on her back, or touching her arm or leg. If she freezes up or looks uncomfortable with your gesture, pull back, talk to her more, and try again in a couple of minutes. If she likes you, she will be comfortable with your touch and touch you back. She will turn in her chair towards you so she can talk to you better. You can pull back on your touch and she will pick up where you left off. If she isn’t in to you, start thinking about your weekend plans with the girl from last week. Don’t try too hard to win her over on a first date.
    7. If things are going well, ask if she wants to go somewhere else. This is why step 4 is so important and why you shouldn’t have a big meal on a first date. Take her to that indie bookstore you mentioned earlier in the evening or go out for froyo at that place down the street from the restaurant.
    8. Now consider if you have enjoyed her company and you want to see her again. You should have a pretty good feeling if she’s into you or not by now. If you like her and want to see her again, offer to walk her home (or give her a ride). If you are free on the weekend, now’s a good time to make ask if she wants to meet up again. If she makes excuses for why she can’t meet up over the weekend and doesn’t offer an alternate date, take that as a hint and exit gracefully. If things have gone off without a hitch and you know she’s into you, go for the make out session and congratulate yourself.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    ManCityFC9 likes this.
  14. Misfit1

Misfit1 Blue Belt

I usually take her out to dinner, if I think she’s going to put out I may even let her talk into the speaker.

Misfit23 likes this.
  15. LucasWithLidOff

LucasWithLidOff Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Tapas bar. Classy atmosphere, good selection of wines, beers, or liquor. If we hit it off, then I'll invite her to change the scenery. Where I decide we go next depends on the circumstances. If we don't hit it off, I'm only a few bucks in the hole for a drink or two, and I only really wasted an hour of time.

16. A.A. Riggs

A.A. Riggs SAXOPHONE

The butt.

17. ThinkGreen

ThinkGreen Der √úbermensch

This has worked consistently for me.

18. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Red Belt

Wine bar, girl loosen up after a couple of glasses of wine

19. blitzk

blitzk Red Belt

Most will say dinner and drinks, but I've found it better drinks and no dinner; just an appettizer with the drinks.

Some may find this a little silly, but the truth is that some girls are a little shy around food, especially when they meet you for the first time; they'll pretend they don't eat that much or that they liked their dish even if they did not, if it's a nice place and the menu is a little weird, they'll pretend they know what's up and maybe even order something they didn't want in the first place.

In my experience, excluding that aspect from the date makes them feel more relaxed.
    It is a more casual experience, with more time to talk and less awkward silences while you both eat.

Just my two cents.

Pugilistic likes this.
  20. LucasWithLidOff

LucasWithLidOff Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Completely agree. I always specify "a drink or two" and I schedule the date for 8, so I know she will have eaten beforehand.

I've found that dinners and movies are horrible first date choices.

bubbleboyjones likes this.