What are your favourite attacks from...

Gambledub

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Closed guard with an underhook? I have been thinking about my game and this is the area of my closed guard that I am the most lacking in. Whats your go to? Videos would also be appreciated.

I usually try and either get an arm crush, arm triangle sweep or take the back, occasionally I will try the reverse kimura.

If I have someone in my closed guard and have an underhook, I usually go for the back by grapping the far lat muscle with my underhook hand and squirming to the side. Pushing out a knee with a foot once I've gotten to the side is also helpful.

Take the back or (I learned this from Penn's book) trap their far arm with your back foot. I'll post a photo when I can. Get on your side and grab their far wrist and push it so its like they're revving a lawnmower. Sneak your back foot in front of their elbow. Triangle should be there. You may be able to flip them to mount also by kicking with that foot.

I might be my favorite attack position from closed guard. Arm bar, omoplata, or sweep to the side of the underhook. The reaction to the sweep will open up the other two and vice versa.

I would pummel for the second underhook then stand up into the body lock

back take. nothing fancy. if i'm on my back, i may try an overhook on the other side and see if i can bait the other person into an arm triangle, or at least a sweep or back take from there.

Underhook? Shiiiiet.

Arm trapped on the neck armbar, omoplata, triangle, rolling sweep to the same side when they drive back in, Inverted armbar, bow-tie kimura... This is probably one of my favorite positions from closed guard lol.

14040665598_f640205cdf.jpg

Take the back or (I learned this from Penn's book) trap their far arm with your back foot. I'll post a photo when I can. Get on your side and grab their far wrist and push it so its like they're revving a lawnmower. Sneak your back foot in front of their elbow. Triangle should be there. You may be able to flip them to mount also by kicking with that foot.

Thanks! that looks pretty sweet! I have long legs and love triangles, gonna have to practice that one.

Thanks to everyone that replied, as an overhook guy i appreciate it :D

If you can get the underhook and move your body out at an angle, you can hit triangles all day.

Back