What are your favorite and least favorite countries you've visited?

Great:

Thailand
Mexico
Estonia
Poland

Shitty:

Italy
Netherlands
Finland

Okay. I don't have personal knowledge of the issue, but I know that darker skinned persons of native-genealogy are disproportionately part of the lower class that benefited from Chavez and that (supposedly) the man that was burned to death this past week was presumed to be a Chavista on the basis of his dark complexion. But, at the same time, I know that the Venezuelan populace seems to pride itself on the lack of outright racism. Either way, I'm glad to hear you didn't perceive any.

I mean, it would make sense at one point to assume that a poorer, darker-skinned person there was a Chavista but I'm not sure how many Chavistas there are left anymore. I imagine a lot of people abandoned the "solidarity movement" when they saw that it only worked until the money ran out. Even the "benefits" under Chavez were short-lived. They traded oil for the Cuban doctors to work in the slums, but then the Plan Bolivar 2000 major housing project ran out of money and was never finished. Meanwhile, Chavez kept trying to buy his private jet and he kept missing payments on it, it got repo'd, he got it back and then couldn't afford the fuel.

He was a terrible manager, ran the country into the ground and Maduro made sure to finish off the job.

Best place ive been;
Cyprus - love the place, got married there.

Worst place;
Italy(Rome) - too busy, full with foreign beggars shitting on the floor.

but hasn't Rome been like that for 2000 years now though?

Fuck I forgot
favorite: Italy

idk i don't feel like i want to think about this in depth right now
france just has a lot of really seedy corners, the typical tourist spots are totally overcrowded with annoying idiots and in the rural areas we've met a lot of people with an extremely gruff demeanor, landlords who were annoyed at you for being there... idk just weird
i remember one time a guy got upset when he noticed that I and my gf speak french just because I asked a question in English earlier and started swearing at us, smth like this isn't America etc...
(we were paying guest there btw)
of course one barkeeper isn't representative for a nation but still, that sort of was the attitude of some people there, outside of the big cities
one time a group of noggers tried to rob us, basically in public and nobody gave a fuck lol
weird nation imo

A lot of dissapointment of France ITT.

One thing that needs to be understood about France is how angry they are about the French language not catching on like wild fire across the globe like they had hoped it would.

When I was in Germany a few years ago I got to chat with a few French people. They said that back in the late 1980s and much of the 1990s there were many French politicians and even one of the past French presidents that were telling their people things like, "oh don't worry our language will catch on", "french is being learned by most countries now", "most of the west will be speaking French by the year 2000", etc etc etc etc....

Well... it didn't happen. So this current generations of French people feel slighted and angry.

Has anyone ever had a positive experience in Egypt?

Yeah I have. Diving is great there. Especially if you go to the less touristy places. Places like Sharm el Sheikh are overrun. Although quite touristy Hurghada can also be great fun..

Haven´t been to Cairo, Luxor or the Pyramids. I mainly go for diving and snorkling.

Iranians don't get invited to all the cool embassy parties. Tons of alcohol as well, in case you didn't know.

Iranians throw their own cool parties. Get invited to a private home and the western clothes and booze come out. Hell they´ll even have a pair of shorts ready for you and the misses.

A lot of dissapointment of France ITT.

One thing that needs to be understood about France is how angry they are about the French language not catching on like wild fire across the globe like they had hoped it would.

When I was in Germany a few years ago I got to chat with a few French people. They said that back in the late 1980s and much of the 1990s there were many French politicians and even one of the past French presidents that were telling their people things like, "oh don't worry our language will catch on", "french is being learned by most countries now", "most of the west will be speaking French by the year 2000", etc etc etc etc....

Well... it didn't happen. So this current generations of French people feel slighted and angry.

Oh, France...

{<jordan}

I'm planning to reboot my travel life and, while certainly a large portion of this community is not particularly worldly, I know that we have a number of international posters.

So, what are your favorite and least favorite countries that you've visited, whether for business, tourism, or philanthropy.

My favorites have been:

1. Cuba
2. Iran
3. Nicaragua
4. Norway
5. Australia

My least favorite have been:

1. Russia
2. China
3. Italy
4. Brazil
5. Mexico (although I was just in Mexico City, and the city itself was just kind of overwhelming)

Iran is your # 2?

The only country I have traveled to outside of the U.S. is Ireland. So, that is both my favorite and least favorite country to which I have traveled.

In all seriousness, Ireland was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. City centre has some great night clubs if you're into that.

favourites:

iceland
hungary

least favourite:

quebec

Iran is your # 2?

Yes, I absolutely love Iran. I obviously understand preconceived notions given the US's constant diplomatic smear campaign on the country, but it's renowned as being the best spot for Westerners to travel to in the area.

Yes, I absolutely love Iran. I obviously understand preconceived notions given the US's constant diplomatic smear campaign on the country, but it's renowned as being the best spot for Westerners to travel to in the area.
I don't believe that. I have known two different Persian women (one I dated) who recommended I not go there.

I don't believe that. I have known two different Persian women (one I dated) who recommended I not go there.

That's strange. It's fine by me and I'm not going to twist your arm, but it's strange. I have a good friend who was born in Shiraz and lives in Tehran who I visit often.

Yeah I have. Diving is great there. Especially if you go to the less touristy places. Places like Sharm el Sheikh are overrun. Although quite touristy Hurghada can also be great fun..

Haven´t been to Cairo, Luxor or the Pyramids. I mainly go for diving and snorkling.

Where do you recommend?

Safety wise? Is it still good for solo travelers or do you need to know someone?

For diving? I would go to Eilat in Israel. Then do trips into Egypt for diving.

Thanks, do you organise the Egypt diving while in Israel? Any Egyptian spots that stood out?

Thanks, do you organise the Egypt diving while in Israel? Any Egyptian spots that stood out?

Yeah usually arrange the trips via the hotel... I always take the one day boat trip with dives to Coral Island Egypt. Also some of the 3-4 day trips with the Beduins are pretty cool

I'm planning to reboot my travel life and, while certainly a large portion of this community is not particularly worldly, I know that we have a number of international posters.

So, what are your favorite and least favorite countries that you've visited, whether for business, tourism, or philanthropy.

My favorites have been:

1. Cuba
2. Iran
3. Nicaragua
4. Norway
5. Australia

My least favorite have been:

1. Russia
2. China
3. Italy
4. Brazil
5. Mexico (although I was just in Mexico City, and the city itself was just kind of overwhelming)
Favorites:
UK
Italy
Switzerland
Spain

Least favez:
Spain
Singapore
Belgium
Serbia
Bulgaria

Yeah usually arrange the trips via the hotel... I always take the one day boat trip with dives to Coral Island Egypt. Also some of the 3-4 day trips with the Beduins are pretty cool

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Back