What are you thoughts?

Rod Farva

War Big Nog!
@Gold
Reaction score
...on a fighter's purse if his opponent can't fight?
Cain can't fight so Werdum is stuck without a fight. (Assuming they don't fund a replacement)

Should he be entitled at least to his SHOW money?

If not, you are putting a guy out of work because someone else can't fight.

Not everyone in the UFC is a millionaire and can go an extra few months without a paycheck.

Thoughts?

Show and Win money.

If he makes weight, give him his show money. If he doesn't bother, then nothing.

Cain owes half of everything he owns to the UFC/fighters he has screwed over his career

I feel if a fighter pulls out if s fight then his/her oldest living relative should have to take the fight. Plus show money.

Show and win money. If Werdum would have fought and won, tack on Cain's PPV points and make Cain work off the debt.

Cain should pay him.

Why would a serious fighter even book a fight with Cain knowing there is an 80% chance Cain will bail out on the fight? Can't take him seriously anymore due to inactivety.

I don't hate Cain,in fact I love his fights. His months/years away from the cage has destroyed his credibility. Aztec warrior my ass.

Part of the fight game. Two independent contractors hired to fight. Contracts not met. I am sure UFC is doing what they can to get him a fight and help save what they can to 207

In other recent similar situations UFC have paid the fighter their show money, but not win money.. and they will only pay them if they make weight, obviously in Werdums case he will make weight as he is normally around 240 and doesn't cut. So don't know if they will even bothering asking him to do it or not

Back