What are you reading?

I reading couple bukowski books, Really enjoying woman

Re-reading Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Still as enjoyable as ever.

Just started reading the first book I've read in ages as part of a grander plan but I've started off with sthg fairly short and not too challenging, The Man Who Fell To Earth... just a few chapters in but liking it very much thus far and it's also piqued my interest to watch the movie starring the late great David Bowie which I've never seen before either.

If there is already a thread for this sue me. I couldn't find it.

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

Losing Ground by Charles Murray

Both are pretty good so far. I'm especially liking the selfish gene, this got a lot of hate back in the day for exposing the fact that people are inherently...selfish. Love it.

Harry Potter

Reading about the scramble for Africa.
This world has always been fucked. Every country, every kingdom, every corner, always.

Reading this fascinating book by John Kirakou, the via agent who blew the whistle on cia torture and got fucked the government with 20 months in the federal pen with rapists and murderers. Doing time like a spy.

Last edited:
All these people reading actual books and here I am reading sherdog forums

Gates_of_Fire_hardcover_image.jpg

Very hard to put this one down, fully recommended

I bought the movie since I love his other stuff, and it had a great cast.

Still haven't seen it, but I've been meaning to.

Less Than Zero was fantastic.

agree on less than zero. depressing, but it was a great movie. It's one of those movies that really stay you after watching it, i could only watch it once.

the informers was a bit weird, naked amber heard tho...

I think the movie didn't translate well from the book onto the screen. I didn't read it, but i probably should have.

agree on less than zero. depressing, but it was a great movie. It's one of those movies that really stay you after watching it, i could only watch it once.

the informers was a bit weird, naked amber heard tho...

I think the movie didn't translate well from the book onto the screen. I didn't read it, but i probably should have.

Now I'm definitely going to have to check out The Informers.

Yea, seemed like Robert Downey Jr basically played himself during that time period. Definitely a solid performance in Less Than Zero.

I'll throw it on every now and then, but it's definitely not a feel good movie.

I'm reading The Stand. Read it years ago so I thought I'd read the newer version. It's ok but there's not enough of the bad guy in it or the people who joined him, and like most of King's books the ending is weak as fuck. There should have been more build up to the outbreak and more on the chaos afterwards. Instead it zips along to a portrait of an idealised town full of horribly, boring people blatting on about council meetings. There's a lot of good stuff and it's an easy read but the outbreak and the bad guy are piss poor.

Work book - Echo Burning by Lee Child
Lounge book- Dune by Frank Herbert
Bathroom book - something about Ann assassin by Tom Wood
Car book - Couple of mountain bike magazines.

Yea , I like to read fiction..

Back