What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't taken down all of the guardians. I didn't play the whole game. I played at my buddy's place for like two hours and he fast forwarded me to the final boss.
Yeah I think you'd know if you were fighting the hard version. Especially if you were 2 hours in with little health and pretty shit weapons. Not saying you couldnt beat him but still.

Yeah I think you'd know if you were fighting the hard version. Especially if you were 2 hours in with little health and pretty shit weapons. Not saying you couldnt beat him but still.
No no, I played his saved game for a couple hours. He had late game items and what seemed to be a lot of health. I didn't start a new game and kill Ganon after two hours.

No no, I played his saved game for a couple hours. He had late game items and what seemed to be a lot of health. I didn't start a new game and kill Ganon after two hours.
Yeah then it was probably not too bad. If you want a challenge fight him as soon as you leave the plateu with a branch, little health and his 250+ versions lol.

The game is really tricky early on.

I can see why a hardcore zelda fan might not like it, but its one of my favourite games ever. Currently even residing at 1. Im probably gonna wait for the DLC sale and do Master mode, havent really done every shrine etc. I love that you can just stop whenever you want, the game is finished when you want to finish. Loved the ending boss too tbh.

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I liked it too but I felt the bosses were all too similar and the final fight was way too easy. I mean I could list a bunch of problems I had with it but why bother.

Ultimately...Nintendo knows how to make a best selling game that lots of people will like. Can’t please everyone. And there’s lots of things in it that I did enjoy. Like making a flying machine out of the magnet power thing, or the fact that most stuff is climbable, even if the climbing takes waaaay too long.

And FFS Link make a move on Zelda. Jesus Christ bud

C51174eXEAEzCi4.jpg

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I liked it too but I felt the bosses were all too similar and the final fight was way too easy. I mean I could list a bunch of problems I had with it but why bother.
I can definitely see that. I loved the puzzles to the bosses, and but I agree they do have an aesthetic look thats similar to them, but mechanically behave differently, like one is a bird, the other is something else etc. I did think the actual boss fights arent something too special but definitely fun for me. Ive not really played too many games with amazing bosses recently outside of games by FromSoftware. Its like bosses have become shitty in nearly every game.
Ultimately...Nintendo knows how to make a best selling game that lots of people will like.
Im actually surprised that I see more people calling the game overrated or a shitty Zelda game. Maybe those people are more outspoken of the game. I want everyone to experience that game.
When the fuck did Zelda have those cheeks? I dont remember that lol.

I can definitely see that. I loved the puzzles to the bosses, and but I agree they do have an aesthetic look thats similar to them, but mechanically behave differently, like one is a bird, the other is something else etc. I did think the actual boss fights arent something too special but definitely fun for me. Ive not really played too many games with amazing bosses recently outside of games by FromSoftware. Its like bosses have become shitty in nearly every game.

Im actually surprised that I see more people calling the game overrated or a shitty Zelda game. Maybe those people are more outspoken of the game. I want everyone to experience that game.

I think the impetus behind people being vocal about their dislike is just disappointment that it wasn’t perfectly-exactly what they wanted.

Like, I wanted open world Zelda with tons of neat bosses, crazy changes to the landscape based on the outcomes of boss fights, boss fights you could lose and survive and get a different story out of than if you had won...mountains that blow up...a hookshot... basically the 10/10 reviews had me thinking this game was something impossibly amazing that would blow my mind. Thinking back, my expectations were way too high. If I went into it without wanting something out of it I probably would have liked it a lot more.

As for Zelda. All I can say is, I hope those cheeks are canon now.

And I’m not the only one

upload_2019-4-17_13-41-36.jpeg

I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet, but what makes the combat so bad? What makes the combat worse than, say, TLoZ or Dark Souls.

I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet, but what makes the combat so bad? What makes the combat worse than, say, TLoZ or Dark Souls.
Good combat has weight to it. Witcher combat feels like you're just floating around. Nothing has any real impact.

Just doesn't feel right to me at all.

I don't know if this is a genre that you enjoy or not with the nonexistent story and the lack of character building (stat and skill points), but for boss fights Dauntless and Monster Hunter World are both a lot of fun. I currently play Dauntless and haven't decided if Monster Hunter World is superior enough to warrant $60.

I don't know if this is a genre that you enjoy or not with the nonexistent story and the lack of character building (stat and skill points), but for boss fights Dauntless and Monster Hunter World are both a lot of fun. I currently play Dauntless and haven't decided if Monster Hunter World is superior enough to warrant $60.
I wouldnt really say BOTW is like MH (havent played Dauntless but I assume its like MH). I have the game, I was absolutely bored by it. Just killing monsters for better gear to kill more monsters, that loop got old real quick. I may give it another try but I was bored first time, thanks for the suggestion though.

BOTW is more like an open world where the world is a puzzle with extraordinary sense of childlike wonder. Youre always incentivse to go after something interesting because there is bound to be something interesting aswell as a reward. Why do you think BOTW is like MH since there is like 5 bosses in the game?

I wouldnt really say BOTW is like MH (havent played Dauntless but I assume its like MH). I have the game, I was absolutely bored by it. Just killing monsters for better gear to kill more monsters, that loop got old real quick. I may give it another try but I was bored first time, thanks for the suggestion though.

BOTW is more like an open world where the world is a puzzle with extraordinary sense of childlike wonder. Youre always incentivse to go after something interesting because there is bound to be something interesting aswell as a reward. Why do you think BOTW is like MH since there is like 5 bosses in the game?
Oh, I know they're nothing like BOTW. I just meant you might give them a shot because you were saying the boss fights weren't very good in BOTW.

Oh, I know they're nothing like BOTW. I just meant you might give them a shot because you were saying the boss fights weren't very good in BOTW.
Ahh I didnt find MH bosses fun, having a lot of health, just meant you were doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe I played it wrong but the scope of the bosses were nice but maybe Duantless is different.

You not only need variety, but a great boss to me, is like a puzzle. Not in a jigsaw puzzle kind of way but like quick problem solving, learning moves, and then countering, and having multiple stages.

Most bosses in games do the sme thing over and over again with a massive health pool, and it just ends up being hack, dodge, hack dodge, unitl theyre dead.

Ahh I didnt find MH bosses fun, having a lot of health, just meant you were doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe I played it wrong but the scope of the bosses were nice but maybe Duantless is different.

You not only need variety, but a great boss to me, is like a puzzle. Not in a jigsaw puzzle kind of way but like quick problem solving, learning moves, and then countering, and having multiple stages.

Most bosses in games do the sme thing over and over again with a massive health pool, and it just ends up being hack, dodge, hack dodge, unitl theyre dead.
Dauntless is a combination of the hack, dodge cycle and learning boss mechanics. The bosses have multiple stages and enraged states where they have different attacks. It gets pretty challenging when you get to the later bosses imo.

It is definitely repetitive, though. There is no getting around that.

I'm going to try and be more involved with this subsection of the forum. This seems like a good start.

At the moment I'm playing Bravely Default for the 3DS while I'm at work as a time killer. On my Twitch page I'm nearly finished with Spiderman but not quite. What next though? I have an ever growing pile for a variety of systems, but for some reason Toy Story 3 for the Wii is really catching my eye in the corner pile ha.

I was hoping that Henry and Sam would make it out alive.
The story in this game is amazing. Apparently, I've only completed 58% of the game, so I still have a long ways to go.

I was hoping that Henry and Sam would make it out alive.
The story in this game is amazing. Apparently, I've only completed 58% of the game, so I still have a long ways to go.
Never experienced a better story in a game. Or at least a story I cared about as much.

Red Dead Redemption (the first one). About 80% done. Good story, inevitable encroachment from civilization. Have a feeling things won't end well for John Marsden.

For next game, considering Mafia 3, Hitman remastered or upcoming Rage 2.

I bought Saints Row 4 with all the DLC and extras.
It has a DLC called 'How the Saints saved Christmas'
Pretty funny as they have a Festivus mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back