What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate mopping up on the last few trophies of a game I really liked/loved, because it just degrades the experience a tad. I just think its a fault of the people making the lists, trying to pad the game length to make the game seem longer, but its weak shit to me.

Its like with GOW, or Spiderman platinum trophies that were the most recent platinum trophies that Id gotten, just some dumb tedious stuff left which add nothing to the game or the fun, but theyre in the trophies list just because its there to make it seem like an achievement. Theyre not though, and we suckers still go for it, because we like that tiny shitty, meaningless trophy.

I dont go for plats anymore unless I like the game, and its not too tedious. But sometimes, those that seem not too tedious, are so damn tedious.

Sorry for my rambling rant.
No, you get it, mate. Exactly. There's one achievement, for example, where for the hours-long mission in which you are basically running hog-wild in WWII Munich (and it's a smashingly good time), you need make a shot on a vital organ every two minutes. Now, this mission's goings-on as well as the expanse of the area itself are huge, so Heaven forbid should one be ever ammo-short, simply miss, find an enemy at 2 m 1 s or what have you – so many wonderfully ample opportunities for everything to go to sh*t. I really do want to Plat this one but dude…

200.gif

I remember that game being amazing for the first few hours or so. Then you just get lost and bored.

Yeah, i got the game back in 2013 steam tells me, and i didnt really ever do anything with it, i was bored a week or so back so decided to just chip away at it a little bit, then realised how the the map works(it would have really helped if it had been explained at the start).

I ended up 100% the first version of it today(32), not sure if i will go back to it though. Celeste is another game i have purchased but not touched...so maybe that is next

While i know about this game, i am a giant Video Game fan who has near 100 board games now. Board games is for a different thread though!
Well, I didn't want to start a new thread in the Gheyberry and we don't have a board game sub forum, so....

Well, I didn't want to start a new thread in the Gheyberry and we don't have a board game sub forum, so....

Ok, so i got fed up of my kids sitting on devices, and asked a boardgamer what games would be fun to take on Holiday.

I started with:

Pandemic
Ticket to Ride
King of Tokyo
Batman Love Letter

Now i have a LOT of games, possibly my favourite is Terraforming Mars, i have a lot of games though, so to discuss them all would take a long time(or maybe another site ;-))

Have been playing Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour on my PS4. Not sure why but after more than 20 years I had urge to go back and play Duke 3D which was an all time favourite of mine.

Have been playing Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour on my PS4. Not sure why but after more than 20 years I had urge to go back and play Duke 3D which was an all time favourite of mine.
I’m running through original doom right now, after not playing it in a long ass time, playing on ultra-violence is seeming like a bad idea, I can’t remeber the maps like i thought i could and I’m not save scrubbing so pistol starting some levels is taking a long ass time.

Still fun though, it’s been so long some levels are like playing them again for the first time ever having to explore and find shit and plan out the route etc being ammo limited etc from pistol starts lol.

I’m running through original doom right now, after not playing it in a long ass time, playing on ultra-violence is seeming like a bad idea, I can’t remeber the maps like i thought i could and I’m not save scrubbing so pistol starting some levels is taking a long ass time.

Still fun though, it’s been so long some levels are like playing them again for the first time ever having to explore and find shit and plan out the route etc being ammo limited etc from pistol starts lol.

I did a play through of Doom and Doom 2 on PS3 two years ago using the Doom 3 BFG Edition. Those games still really hold up, even more so than Duke 3D and a lot of other FPS games that followed imo. Even though Duke 3D allows you to jump, crouch and look up or down while Doom doesn’t the pure action of Doom can’t be topped. There’s a reason why Serious Sam was considered a spiritual successor to Doom, and its because most FPS games that came after Doom did away with fights against mobs of 20 or 30 enemies at a time.

I did a play through of Doom and Doom 2 on PS3 two years ago using the Doom 3 BFG Edition. Those games still really hold up, even more so than Duke 3D and a lot of other FPS games that followed imo. Even though Duke 3D allows you to jump, crouch and look up or down while Doom doesn’t the pure action of Doom can’t be topped. There’s a reason why Serious Sam was considered a spiritual successor to Doom, and its because most FPS games that came after Doom did away with fights against mobs of 20 or 30 enemies at a time.
Right, I’m about to give up on the halls of the damned e2m6 pistol start, I’ve been trying to think of creative ways to get them to fight each other and everything. Trying to punch kill a baron for like the 15th time now lol

Playing through RE2 to get ready for the Remake. Played through countless times and never get tired of it.

Finished Riptide GP: Renegade and full 1000/1000. Cool Jet Moto/Wave Race/F-Zero hybrid water racing game. Has 9 tracks and 9 Watercraft to choose from which is pretty bad cause the tracks get repetitive. There are lots of different stunts to perform which gets you a boost bonus and so it makes the races more engaging. There is also enough variety in the modes like Freestyle, Slalom and Elimination to mix things up.

I guess I'll get back to Halo 5 and try to hit level 200 on Ryse and get the last few achievements in that game.

Finished Riptide GP: Renegade and full 1000/1000. Cool Jet Moto/Wave Race/F-Zero hybrid water racing game. Has 9 tracks and 9 Watercraft to choose from which is pretty bad cause the tracks get repetitive. There are lots of different stunts to perform which gets you a boost bonus and so it makes the races more engaging. There is also enough variety in the modes like Freestyle, Slalom and Elimination to mix things up.

I guess I'll get back to Halo 5 and try to hit level 200 on Ryse and get the last few achievements in that game.
I loaded halo 5 the other day to see if I had any save game data, I finishe the game. So weird since I can’t even remeber playing that one.

steep ive had it for a minute they added grinds. it plays pretty cool.

Sniper Elite 4 and Vanquish.

Sniper Elite 4 is a big improvement my last SE game (SE2). The only thing that gets up my ass is how slow you move when crouched/prone which makes stealth kills an ordeal

Vanquish is a third person robot shooter and it's a lot of fun. I played Binary Domain recently as well and I think I prefer Binary Domain because the bots were more detailed and varied in the way you can take them apart, but the overall mechanics of Vanquish are a lot tighter and add a lot to the game, encouraging dat gung ho style (Charge in, get shot to shit to activate bullet time then wreck everything's shit)

Path of Exile. First league I pushed a 100. Granted this is the easiest league to get 100 but still feels good.

Really late to the party, but I just ordered Diablo III: Eternal Collection for XBone. I got a chance to play a newer Gauntlet before Christmas and that seems to be the thing to scratch that itch.

Playing Zork: Grand Inquisitor.

Return to Zork was my intro into Point and Click adventure games a long time ago. Replayed it and loved it. Very hard though, but there are enough hints to beat it without cheating. Hilarious game, very quotable.

Want some rye?

I bought RPG maker during the winter sale. Anyone make a game? Was there a thread on it?
If not I'll start one.

P.S. - @Madmick sucks mad....
at video games

Another thing, has there been a Star Trek games thread?

This

Just released today. I've been waiting 4 1/2 years for this game haha.
Think Hotline Miami meets Max Payne

This

Just released today. I've been waiting 4 1/2 years for this game haha.

Nice. Dedicated. The top-down shooters always seemed like throwbacks to me but Hyper showed me a game called Ruiner last year that had me see the style in a new light. Unique to this project though is clearly John Woo and Nicolas Refn's lovechild at the helm. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back