What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished ME3... fuck that ending.

Also, finished the Bunker. Not sure if I'm going to play something in between now and Tuesday when I can download State of Decay 2 for free.

Pillars Of Eternity 2

got really drunk this weekend and blew through 15+ hours of the story after I got home from the bars and vaguely remember parts of the story which sucks... but the parts ive played when ive been sober and remember everything makes it slightly different but ultimately just as immersive as the first one. You can only have 5 characters instead of 6 which sucks, but I play on the easiest difficulty because im more interested in the story compared to grinding. 40 hours in and ive been impressed.

You can import the results from PoE 1 so that it can impact story/dialogue in the new game - which is awesome.

Vanquish

Always heard about this game being great, but never bought into the hype. It looked very generic, and I think Platinum Games is a tad overrated.

That said, I was wrong about this one. It's fantastic, and a breath of fresh air in the shooter genre. Even if that breath is like 7 years old or whatever. It's everything the reviews say it is, but you really have to play it to understand how it all comes together, and separates itself from the herd. It breaks a lot of boundaries in the genre, and is one of the most balanced and varied shooter experiences I've played. The freedom is allows you to tackle any scenario, is like nothing I've played before. In most shooters, it's essentially stop and pop. You get in room, and move from cover to cover, until the room is cleared. In this game, you feel like you're not playing the game right if you're cover shooting. It encourages(and requires) you to experiment, and use all the tools at your disposal. It takes the average player out of their comfort zone, and makes them get into the action. And the best thing is, is that it's not frustrating. You're gonna be forced to stick your neck out there, but the game is so well designed, that you'll enjoy every second of it, even if you do get mowed down, because it never feels cheap.

Only complaint I've got is that there are a little too many waist high walls, in a game that's not really designed around them, and they actually get in the way more often than not. There's this cool dodge move you use all the time, where you jump away, and time slows down, but half the time you land and aim, you end up stuck behind some wall, and can't take the shot you want. There's a bit too many friendlies on the battle field as well, and they get in your way all the time too. That's about it though.

Anyways, game is great, and free for Gold members right now. Check it out if you missed out on it. It's worthy of the hype.

9/10

Well duh I sang it's praises for years. Bout time you saw the light.

Finished Bloodborne again, been playing through the chalice dungeons a bit more than I did the first time I played through back in early 2016.

Not sure whether to play Nioh next or if I need a break for a bit from this type of game as I played Dark a Souls 3 from January to March followed by this recent second play through of Bloodborne after that.

Part of me wants to play Nioh but another part of me kind of wants to finally get around to playing Mass Effect Andromeda, and another part of me wants to just play something that won’t require much time commitment, like going back and finally playing the campaigns for every Call of Duty released between Black Ops 2 and Infite Warfare.

Just picked up quake champions for $5. So far its awesome. A great cross between quake 1 and 3.

Got tired playing Borderlands 2 alone since my bros aren't in to it and are playing Warframe. After months of insistence, I caved in and installed Warframe.

Bah GAWD!

Finished Agents of Mayhem. It has a some decent ideas, but compared to Saints Row the world is bland and empty and the missions are repetitive and boring. Felt pretty underdeveloped.

Nothing I feel like buying now so I'm gonna replay XCOM Enemy Within and Metal Gear Solid 5

Just finished ME3... fuck that ending.

Also, finished the Bunker. Not sure if I'm going to play something in between now and Tuesday when I can download State of Decay 2 for free.

I didn't mind all of the DLC with ME3. The extended ending helped a little. Only a little.

I didn't mind all of the DLC with ME3. The extended ending helped a little. Only a little.
I still Head Canon the Citadel DLC as the true ending lol.

Play the game, pick Destroy with high EMS. After Shep breathes I load up the Citadel DLC. I have it taking about a year after the war in a rebuilt Citadel.

I still Head Canon the Citadel DLC as the true ending lol.

Play the game, pick Destroy with high EMS. After Shep breathes I load up the Citadel DLC. I have it taking about a year after the war in a rebuilt Citadel.

I'm a sucker for tragedy, so having the Citadel DLC before the end bumps it up. I'm absolutely down for the happy ending.

Downloaded F1 2015 off Game Pass. Enjoying it. It's the first F1 game I have played since F1 World Grand Prix on N64 lol. The car physics seem odd even for F1 cars. Then I saw codemasters developed it. Well that explains it.

Ita funny they give you the option for TCS as an assist. Driving F1 cars without TCS lol what?? EA should reward you for driving with assists off like the Forza series does. I mean I race manual, ABS off racing line off and TV cam (cockpit cam is borked in this game) the mirrors take up to much space and can't adjust FOV. Racing without TCS on a controller is a nightmare though.

Don't know most of these drivers sides the big guys like Hamilton, Button, Rosberg, Vettel and Raikonnen. Chose Daniel Riccardo cause all my brit friends said Hamilton is a tool. The Red Bull cars livery looked cool too.

I come from the Berger, Coulthard, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Barichello, Schumacher era.. So this is an adjustment. At least most of the tracks are the same. Most boring new course I raced was Bahrain. Shitty track.

Also, had no idea what DRS was. Had to look it up.

Lastly. Fuck Monaco. Fuck it in the ass.

Last edited:
Been playing Wreckfest the past few days on PC, gotta say for a game thats been in beta for what seems forever (just release it already I guess?) its very well done. The derby race is no fucking joke, its a legit challange to survive to the final as a single solid hit can ruin your day. The regular races are fun, and they give you challanges that make you not want to just improve the best car in class to the maximum and zip ahead, the best fun is in the pack forcing people into walls or oncoming traffic.

For people that like fine tuning everything the game would be a huge letdown, but if you just want to race and smash shit up the game is a blast.

Sadly online play is dead mostly, finding active servers with a solid amount of people isnt very easy. But I got a few races in and had a riot because if you know you cant win, you can always try to take someone else with you into the DNF column.

Replaying the Dead Space series. God damn they're so good.

If only we had a Dead Space 4 :(

Replaying the Dead Space series. God damn they're so good.

If only we had a Dead Space 4 :(

Dead Space 1 and 2 were really good, and I'm not usually into those kinds of games. Loved dat whole aesthetic, with monsters that looked like they came from The Thing or some shit

I skipped Dead Space 3 because I heard it was shit, and basically EA turned it into a generic shooter

Dead Space 1 and 2 were really good, and I'm not usually into those kinds of games. Loved dat whole aesthetic, with monsters that looked like they came from The Thing or some shit

I skipped Dead Space 3 because I heard it was shit, and basically EA turned it into a generic shooter

Dead Space 3 was great and can be played single player no problem. It's a good addition to the story (the comics and movies are pretty good too.) and the gameplay is just a little tighter. You can also create your own weapons which is badass.

I loved Dead Space 3, if you're playing with randos it might kill the vibe but smoke a blunt, hardest difficulty, and with a buddy is good gaming bro.

Isaac is better in combat yeah, but dude has plenty of experience by then on how to fuck up Necromorphs. The armor is cooler as well, the locations are rad, the story interesting. So salty so many people blew it off because they heard about the co-op and it's why we didn't get a DS4.

Easily one of my all time favorite gaming series, I'll never get over the creepiness of the nursery when you're on the Sprawl in DS2.

Did about all I was willing to do in SOD2.

Started AC Origins last night

Still hacking away at ac origins. 35 hours, just about to finish the game and only half of the map unfogged. How freaking big is this map?!

I get that it's a lot of desert but holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back