What are you gonna do when Machida/Hendo blows?

TS is right. Either Dan keeps on throwing the right hand til he eventually finds his target and wins or Machida evades everything til Dan gasses and then counter him all night long. I don't think Dan can even mix it up with the Wrestling since Machida has shown to be strong from the clinch. Still, can't complain when two top fighters fight but I won't be looking forward to it from an exciting perspective. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Seriously, I keep hearing people go "Disrespectful to two legends! "Five rounds!" "This is not fair!"

First of all two legends? Uh....No.

This is not Shogun and his sloppy brawling style, this is Lyoto Machida and his fencing like style vs. Dan Henderson and his extremely one dimensional game of inside leg kick, overhand right. You do realize this is a recipe for disaster right?

Yeah, Machida's stand-up is just light years ahead of Shogun's.

knockouts_Mauricio_Shogun_Rua_KTFO_Lyoto_Machida_UFC_113.gif

Hendo vs Fedor awesome
Hendo vs Shogun awesome
Hendo vs Bisping awesome
Machida vs Evans awesome
Machida vs2 Shogun awesome
Machida vs Randy awesome
Machida vs Rampage awesome

This fight potential = awesome

Go jerk off to Ronda ROusey pictures. The reality is, she is below average looking girl at best.

Ahh you come from the alternate universe populated only by women from the Victoria Secret catalog.

I'm glad it's only three rounds, otherwise we would have to watch Hendo gas once again.

I think this fight has a lot of potential for excitement. We're gonna get to see Machida put Hendo's legendary chin to the test

Hendo has looked amazing the past few years apart from the Shields fight.

He looked fantastic in the first round against Shields. Not surprised he had nothing left in the tank for the second -- the guy went hell-for-leather.

This fight will be exciting for me just because it's going to be the first time ever that hendo gets too'd.

This fight will be a good one for sure.
You spelled it out but yet hate on it. Hendo presses forward while machida counters well and with machida being hard to hit him self this will be a great fight for us but a long night for Hendo

That's just dumb. I hate defending JKS because he tends to be terrible but he's right, Dan vs his last four opponents have been fireworks. Has nothing to do with PRIDE.

His quote was ever bud, not "have we seen him boring in his last four fights", it was "have we EVER seen him in a boring fight".....The answer is yes, we have, plenty of times. I also went on to say he's gotten exciting as he has gotten older, but anyone who says Dan Henderson has not ever been in a boring fight has clearly not been following his career. I said nothing about PRIDE, this goes back to his previous UFC tourney also. Not sure why you wanted to come at me bro....but come at me bro :eek:

^how to spot a post Pride MMA fan.

His quote was ever bud, not "have we seen him boring in his last four fights", it was "have we EVER seen him in a boring fight".....The answer is yes, we have, plenty of times. I also went on to say he's gotten exciting as he has gotten older, but anyone who says Dan Henderson has not ever been in a boring fight has clearly not been following his career. I said nothing about PRIDE, this goes back to his previous UFC tourney also. Not sure why you wanted to come at me bro....but come at me bro :eek:

:eek:

That referes to the fan's frame of reference not the fighter's.

It's all gravy. Like I said I feel almost dirty defending JKS because I am regularly reading posts of his which leave me shaking my head in disgust. And you're right, Hendo has had a few stinkers. But his last four fights have been insane so I think it's a little too early to be writing his upcoming fight off as boring.

12 pages in and I'm the first one to bring up Henderson vs. Anderson Silva? That was a great fight.

Both Silva and Machida have very similar style, and as counter-punchers, both have had boring fights. However, Hendo, like Ryan Bader is an aggressive wrestler with an overhand right, and he will take the fight to Machida. This will be a great fight.

This fight could consist of two guys on the ground for three rounds discussing the grain in the floor and I would still watch it over Rousey and what's her name - And since the two guys are matched up so well it seems like it could be a "boring fight". It's two of the top ten guys, it'll be a great fight and it's one of the best match ups so far this year - it's important and it means something in the context of the UFC and MMA.

Whether it turns out boring or not remains to be seen, but if fights of this caliber are written off before they happen then I don't what to think. Maybe Invicta did a million buys last night? judging by some of the replies on here, it had to be a high buy rate for Invicta since everyone has just been waiting for the boring top ten world beater guys to get out of the way so the REAL dynamic and skilled athletes can take center stage where they belong...

Nothing as I have predicted the fight to go the same way as well. Menjivar/Faber is the fight I'm looking forward to the most. Main and co-main are meh.

Of course its gonna blow. Machida runs away the entire fight until someone lands something big. That's every boring ass machida fight!
^^^ A hater, surprise... :icon_surp

KS

Last edited:
You guys ever know someone that complained about everything? For no other reason than to be a drama queen?

Nuph sed.

Back