What are you gonna do when Machida/Hendo blows?

Machida?, not a legend. Hendo? Yes.
If the fight sucks ill just turn my tv off and get on with my life til the next event

The only reason you think Machida is not a legend is because he didn't fight in Pride. :wink:

I hate your thoughts but you may be right. Both have allot on the line and both have one punch KO power so they may play it safe. Hopefully your wrong.

Seriously, I keep hearing people go "Disrespectful to two legends! "Five rounds!" "This is not fair!"

First of all two legends? Uh....No.
This is not Shogun and his sloppy brawling style, this is Lyoto Machida and his fencing like style vs. Dan Henderson and his extremely one dimensional game of inside leg kick, overhand right. You do realize this is a recipe for disaster right?

Karate boy throwing kicks and jumping in and out with punches that probably won't have any effect on Hendo's iron chin, when they're in between the second and third round and you're bored to death by this fight you're gonna be thanking Dana for not subjecting you to 25 minutes of it.

Mark my words, February 24th there will be a massive out-cry about Machida/Henderson, UFC 157 will go down as a massive bomb, but Ronda's fight will be ten times as entertaining as this one, rest assured.

Uh....Yes.

Mark my words, February 24th there will be a massive out-cry about Machida/Henderson, UFC 157 will go down as a massive bomb, but Ronda's fight will be ten times as entertaining as this one, rest assured.

The problem is that people will buy it BEFORE they decide whether the fight sucks. So perhaps the numbers will be good?

i think machida handily deals with the h-bomb and destroys hendo.

Hendo always goes for it and Machida is a great counter puncher. I think this is very similar to his fight with Bader except Hendo's chin is legendary

Just gonna leave this Elisha Cuthbert gif here, so you didn't come to this horrible thread for nothing.

Elisha-Cuthbert.gif

The only reason you think Machida is not a legend is because he didn't fight in Pride. :wink:

Lol no.. I think randy was a legend and he wasnt in pride. What makes machida a legend? Nothing really. Hendo held 2 tirles in pride 1 in strikeforce and has fought greats like anderson and fedor. Why should machida b considered a legend.

the last 4 hendo fight have been crazy as fuck ,this will be anything but boring

hendo is gonna little boy machida

If this fight is boring, it's because of Machida playing it safe. Usually his fights aren't boring, but occasionally they are because of either his opponent (not meshing well with his style) or sometimes it really is his style.

I don't see this fight being boring, but I could easily see parts of it being boring.

Still, believing your hypothesis that the fight will be boring because you hypothesized it is proof that you like the sound of your hypothesis to much. Calm down bro; it's just a guess. And chances are, judging by Machida and especially Henderson's fight history, this will most likely be a beautiful display of mixed martial arts.

tl;dr: Shut up and enjoy it like a true fan!

I figure your Sherdog join date correlates with when you started watching MMA.

Machida and Hendo not legends?

Bye

saying you dont think hendo is a legend is like admitting your a douche

Seriously, I keep hearing people go "Disrespectful to two legends! "Five rounds!" "This is not fair!"

First of all two legends? Uh....No.

This is not Shogun and his sloppy brawling style, this is Lyoto Machida and his fencing like style vs. Dan Henderson and his extremely one dimensional game of inside leg kick, overhand right. You do realize this is a recipe for disaster right?

Karate boy throwing kicks and jumping in and out with punches that probably won't have any effect on Hendo's iron chin, when they're in between the second and third round and you're bored to death by this fight you're gonna be thanking Dana for not subjecting you to 25 minutes of it.

Different opinion than anyone else on this fight. Here's where I think your wrong: Hendo gets rocked alot lately and a stiff counter from Lyoto could put him away.

That being said, Hendo isn't gonna let Machida dance away from him all night, and the second Shogun fight showed that an aggressive approach against Machida can bring good results, especially for a guy who hits as hard as Henderson. + He throws more than overhands, saw him swinging some nasty uppercuts in that last fight.

Edit: oh and the legends thing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Svwm_k9hYk

I agree that it won't be a crazy exciting fight like some people are hyping it to be. It will however be a very interesting fight that should make any real fight fan very pumped to see.

I actually am predicting Lyoto to be the first man to Tko Henderson. Henderson is pretty quick in the first round but he's going to be too predictable for Machida, he's going to get caught rushing in and Lyoto will capitalize and finish him with strikes on the ground.

I'd love to see Dan pull out the win but I think this is just a stylistic nightmare for him, that inside leg kick/right hand is never going to work on Machida.

How are people in their right mind going to even think about thanking Dana White for making Hendo Machida a 3 rounder? And even if Rousey doesn't armbar what's her name in the first round, it's like having Friere and Hawn headline a bout over Machida Hendo and then saying, "...but what if it's exciting?" What if amateurs were more exciting once in a while? Who cares? Hendo and Machida are something in this sport right now and this match up has real merit and weight in the overall larger picture in the sport of MMA, unlike that other fight on this card.

Even if that were so, it would still be better than a 30 second armbar.

Zero chance Hendo-Machida is boring. Hendo hasn't been in a boring fight in over 5 years (aside from Shields, and that first round was very exciting). Machida's TDD is too good for Hendo to take him down, so both will be standing for the duration. Hendo has the power to knock anyone out, and Machida has the ability to do the same due to his timing and unique striking. If this one goes the distance (which is unlikely) it'll be like Hendo-Shogun. This fight is guaranteed to be exciting.

Karate boy throwing kicks and jumping in and out with punches that probably won't have any effect on Hendo's iron chin, when they're in between the second and third round and you're bored to death by this fight you're gonna be thanking Dana for not subjecting you to 25 minutes of it....
^^^ Well could be....
^^^ No, let's hear what he has to say....
disagree, i think the clash of styles is going to make it a great fight. Hendo is a bit 1 dimensional but he would walk through fire to land the H-Bomb.
^^^ truly spoken....
I will bump this thread after their legendary fight
^^^ I'll be on the edge of my seat....
Go jerk off to Ronda ROusey pictures. The reality is, she is below average looking girl at best.
^^^ I'm tired of taking the lead around here WWWWWW
I realize that you are trolling, but I do think this fight has the potential to be a snoozer. I thought Rampage Machida would be a barn-burner and boy was I wrong. Same with Mir Crocop.
^^^ Can't find the horror flick, "sleepwalker...."
Perhaps, just perhaps now... You should go away because you are a f*cking moron and have not posted anything worth discussing.

Aw f*ck perhaps, thats it actually.
^^^ KickAss, yeah.... you are speaking just like in the movie, Rated R....
machida and hendo tag teamed your mom or something, ts?
^^^ That wasn't in the movie,,, was it in the comic...???
I'm fairly certain I will enjoy watching.
^^^ Fairly me too....
Hendo always goes for it and Machida is a great counter puncher. I think this is very similar to his fight with Bader except Hendo's chin is legendary
^^^ A legend is born, a legend must die.... which one?
Just gonna leave this Elisha Cuthbert gif here, so you didn't come to this horrible thread for nothing.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT A GOOD POST.... DO THIS.

BY THE WAY, THIS QUOTE CAME FROM A MORE POPULAR THREAD.

KarateStylist

Elisha-Cuthbert.gif
^^^ you +1....
the last 4 hendo fight have been crazy as f*ck ,this will be anything but boring

hendo is gonna little boy machida
^^^ Oh, Oh, don't let Sullivan88 hear you..... shhhhhhhhhh
If this fight is boring, it's because of Machida playing it safe. Usually his fights aren't boring, but occasionally they are because of either his opponent (not meshing well with his style) or sometimes it really is his style.

I don't see this fight being boring, but I could easily see parts of it being boring.

Still, believing your hypothesis that the fight will be boring because you hypothesized it is proof that you like the sound of your hypothesis to much. Calm down bro; it's just a guess. And chances are, judging by Machida and especially Henderson's fight history, this will most likely be a beautiful display of mixed martial arts.

tl;dr: Shut up and enjoy it like a true fan!
^^^ Sage advice, but stop stuttering over 11-year old "hit girl." :p
The word legend wasn't even used in sports until Dan Henderson came along.
^^^ perfect /T, oopps, I'm not last post....
^^^ Great input from all.... great discussion points made....
i think machida handily deals with the h-bomb and destroys hendo.
^^^ SummerStriker brought this--COLORFULLY-- into one of my discussions, "PARRY AWAY...."
Actually, this was Grossman, not Freud.

P.S. That's what I was implying when I said "guard tight". I'm a p*ssy at taking body shots.

Elaborate, please. (Aside from being developmentally disabled, English is not my first language. :))

^^^ mR. mACHETE, if you're following me, Hit Girl does a mean 1-step {see YT illustration above}. It's time we gave Freud a break.... and learned from a young "kitty." Are you up for it...???

EDIT: Epilouge @ Post #62.
EDIT2: Post 63 ruined the T's ambiance...

KarateStylist

Last edited:
Back