What are you currently playing v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is Strange 2 (All Episodes):

Well what can I say about this game, other than it would be better if it wasnt a "game" at all. The team did a wonderful job with the small character moments and some of the character writing. The moments of tranquillity with nice acoustic guitars playing whilst the time just passes away, the feel and atmosphere is really well done. The production values are greater than the LIS 1 and LIS:BTS.

BUT its still a shitty game, and a mediocre walking sim. The first game a nice "rewind" time mechanic that added to the story and gameplay but this had a "sit down and draw" mechanic as its main gameplay feature? BOOOOOO.

The story is damn outrageous and makes no damn sense. Every escalating moment is overly dramatic, and doesnt take any logic into account. Any "choice" you make is miniscule and doesnt really affect the damn story in any meaningful way and they throw this right in our face with "Bae over Bay" being the cannon from the first game, when "Bay over Bae" was the canon in the first game (imo). This mightve been better as a short Netflix series (which would have been panned across the board). The endings make no sense. Some of the issues it tries to tackle is so damn in line with current political bullshit. Fantastic take on border issues and general racism, Deck Nine. I bet they were patting themselves on the back when they wrote this shit. Its so poorly done and artificial, that it wouldve been better if they didnt try at all. Its insulting at how poor the execution is.

Play this if youre a fan of the small character moments from the older LIS games, but dont expect this to be as good as the first, and maybe worse than the mediocre LIS:BtS. If youre not, stay away. Logic is not your friend in this game. Its hard to suspend your disbelief when the overall writing is poor to mediocre in most aspects.

5/10.

Definitely gonna avoid the third game if these guys are making it.

EDIT: And they thought Id forget about the terrible sound design. Its like the mixing work is terrible. The foley work is amateurish. All the dialogue sound as if theyre done in a completely different environment to the actual environment. Its distracting. Just boooooooo. Hades can have one genius sound artist do nearly all the sound design and VO for the main character (and some side characters), but a team fails to do half as good a job. Booo.

If you though LIS2 is bad stay away from Life is Strange Before the Storm and Tell Me Why. They are objectively worse. I actually liked LIS2.

If you though LIS2 is bad stay away from Life is Strange Before the Storm and Tell Me Why. They are objectively worse. I actually liked LIS2.
I thought LIS:BTS was mediocre, but I already liked Chloe as a character from the first game, she was the 'Bae' after all, but yeah its not much better than LIS 2. The franchise is pretty much dead now imo, especially since Deck Nine took over.

The Pre-Sequel is good, but not BL2 good. It has, however, one of the WORST characters in the series in it. Trust me, after the 4th or 5th time she reminds you that she likes chicks you'll want to toss her into deep space.

Jack is great in it though, and it has some of the best playable characters. And the absolute silliness of the space levels is great, butt stomping enemies never gets old.

Not sure about the Pre-sequel. It was fine, but it felt like a husk of of what came before. It's all there, but the formula isn't as tight. It really does feel like a "b-team" game, which it was. It played it extremely safe, and the only new thing they implemented(moon gravity physics), was desperate and annoying.

Even though it was competent, it's one of the more forgettable entries into a big franchise. Felt similar to something like "GOW: Judgement".

Just beat Ghost of Tsushima along with liberating all Mongol camps, doing all the duels and the side missions I found interesting. Very good game. Onto finishing God of War.

Finished FFVII remake last week.
Played the RE Village demo a few times and am playing Ratchet & Clank 2016 a bit.
More or less waiting for RE Village to arrive later this week.

Anyone tried Rimworld before? I am looking for new games to play and I am looking at weird indie titles now.

I just did two more playthroughs of Prey. Fucking amazing game. I'm now going through Dishonored, and trying to finish up Octopath.

Gotta say, looking forward to REVIII.

Just beat Cyber Shadow. Excellent, excellent game if you love 2D platformers like Ninja Gaiden, the Messenger, Batman, Shadow of the Ninja or other NES games like that. Excellent soundtrack as well. The last boss was pretty rough but eventually you get the pattern down.

Up next, River City Girls. I'm only on level 1 but I like what I'm seeing and hearing so far. Solid gameplay and another excellent soundtrack. I think I'll probably flip between River City and RE Village for the coming weeks.

The Pre-Sequel is good, but not BL2 good. It has, however, one of the WORST characters in the series in it. Trust me, after the 4th or 5th time she reminds you that she likes chicks you'll want to toss her into deep space.

Jack is great in it though, and it has some of the best playable characters. And the absolute silliness of the space levels is great, butt stomping enemies never gets old.

Not sure about the Pre-sequel. It was fine, but it felt like a husk of of what came before. It's all there, but the formula isn't as tight. It really does feel like a "b-team" game, which it was. It played it extremely safe, and the only new thing they implemented(moon gravity physics), was desperate and annoying.

Even though it was competent, it's one of the more forgettable entries into a big franchise. Felt similar to something like "GOW: Judgement".

the pre-sequel was awful. especially for anyone who bought the season pass. it was wayyyyy beneath the first 2 games and the dlc/season pass was just a scam.

Splitting my time between...

Yakuza 0: Cleaning up side quests
Yakuza Kiwami 1: Cleaning up side quests and possibly gaining Harukas trust (though I'm only on D rank and it's a goddamn pain)
Yakuza Kiwami 2: Chapter 4, not moving forward until the Cabaret league is cleared. Playing dress-up with a Japanese hostess on screen, whilst my partner is giving me the evils next to me, is slightly discomforting.

Now that I’m done Half-life 2 episode 2 next on my docket is the Doom Eternal DLCs, but part of me is wondering if I should play Portal. I’ve never played it before, so I might want to take a crack at that first before the Doom DLC.

Now that I’m done Half-life 2 episode 2 next on my docket is the Doom Eternal DLCs, but part of me is wondering if I should play Portal. I’ve never played it before, so I might want to take a crack at that first before the Doom DLC.
Just played through it, still fantastic. Can easily be completed in a single sitting so time investment is almost non-existent. About 2-3 hours.

Portal is great. It's sequel is even better.

I've just finished again Ori and The Blind Forest, still a great game 9/10

ori.gif

Trine 3 - 5/10 (meh)
ExaltedEquatorialGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

ori.gif

I used to think I hated platformers now and had outgrown them. I barely got through Mario on the switch which everyone praised. Then I played Ori and was blown away. Realized I just didn't like Mario.

I can't stop playing Risk of Rain 2.

I have owned the game since Early Access but never got around to it much and at first I thought it was rather lackluster opposed to the first game.

Boy, was I wrong. This game is so addicting and no run is the same as the next (unless you use a specific couple of artifacts). Cured my fix for my next roguelike obsession lol.

ori.gif

Trine 3 - 5/10 (meh)
ExaltedEquatorialGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

Man, those Trine games are such pretty pieces of shit. Shame, because with some tweaks it could be really good.

Man, those Trine games are such pretty pieces of shit. Shame, because with some tweaks it could be really good.

I liked Trine 1, 2 and 4, but Trine 3 is the worst game of the series (it has a confusing perspective, poor story, and looks like an unfinished game).

Gosh, I'm playing now Life is Strange Before the Storm...
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back