WAYCP? v.6 (Wolfenstein Edition)

What genre do you find yourself more enjoying as you get older?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
WAYCP v.6 – Wolfenstein Edition
HonestRadiantAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif

So, 20 years ago today (19 November 2001) saw the release of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which was coincidentally also 20 years after the original launch of Castle Wolfenstein in 1981.

Developed for the 8-bit Apple II and later ported to Atari, Castle Wolfenstein proved a seminal influence on stealth mechanics and the FPS genre as a whole.

Return to CW itself was also a success, featuring a SP campaign and what would become a very popular MP mode.

Respect.

A.png

Call of Duty: Vanguard of late for me. Putting in sessions daily and my old clan from MW (OpTic Gaming) is still almost 100 strong. Manning the Patrol Zone in Vanguard is one of the funnest experiences I've had in Duty MP in a long time. Unrelenting pucker factor, I tell you. Get some. We're preseason right now but the activity is really popping.

Didn't have Racing/Flying in with Sports or Sims so I went with Sims for Racing games. That's the genre of game I've purchased the most over the last few years and the one I've had the most fun and success with.

Been flip-flopping between Forza Horizon 5, Diablo 2 Resurrected and GTA Online.

I voted RPGs, but Action and Fighting games rank right up there.

Not a video game but I recently purchased a “board game” called Hunt a Killer and have been working my way thought it with my gf. It’s a fun date night game that gives you enough clues and evidence to piece together a murder mystery. It’s a little expensive but buying bootleg isn’t the best idea since you need all of the evidence.

With that said, Ive found some recent interest in board games and I’ve been watching a lot YT review videos to pick one out I think I’ll have fun with. Hero Quest is at the top of the list but it is quite expensive.

Finished the story in FC6. Tempted to start the vaas dlc but decided to fire up FH5 instead.

Looks pretty tight so far. I mean it's the usual FH gameplay but it looks amazing on the Series X

@Hyperglide

I've been playing UFC4 as of late. My CAF is champion and I'm two defences in.

It's not perfect by any means, but there is something oddly satisfying about it.

It's better than UFC3. Everything is more fluid and the submission system is better (I never got to grips with submission defense in UFC3, but it's fine in UFC4).

Soundtrack is straight garbage though. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to hear the words "bitches" and "pussy-os" in a loading screen.

I've been bingeing it, but I'll probably stop playing shortly, and delete the game.

I'm thinking about picking up Lost Judgment for Xbox One S, but it's stupid that I can play this on One S, but not the first Judgment.

Also thinking about picking up Cyberpunk again, as it's half price this time, and better than Hollow Knight.

Civilization VI

I didn't really know what I was doing on my first run, but I'll tell you right now, nothing motivates you to learn faster than a game that calls you "Dan Quale" after you fail.

Second run...I'm a God.

Been playing Days Gone for 20 hours and now I feel like I'm losing motivation. I like the story, mechanics and the gameplay loop but to think I'm only halfway through and it already feels repetitive.

Gonna play Hades, Deathloop or Noita next. Recommendations?

Man RDR2 what a let down. A game with so many brilliant ideas ruined by boring missions. Robbing trains, stage coaches, banks all fun. The amount of missions that actually involve this is far and few between. Reminds me of GTAV. Good game wrapped around boring missions no wants to do.

Man RDR2 what a let down. A game with so many brilliant ideas ruined by boring missions. Robbing trains, stage coaches, banks all fun. The amount of missions that actually involve this is far and few between. Reminds me of GTAV. Good game wrapped around boring missions no wants to do.
Fully agreed. Goddamn expositions on horsebacks killed me. Also the damn game plays itself. Aiming is hot ass so you need the auto aim to even aim. I have a lot of issues with the mission designs and storytelling of the game [aswell as the gameplay] but fuck if it isnt the best looking open world game ever made. The graphics are fucking next gen on old gen consoles. The aesthetics of the game are magnificent. The world is marvellously realised, and the amount of emergent things that happen are amazing. The amount of detail in the game is on another level. I think maybe only ND is on that level with the obsessive detail [and maybe Kojima].

but fuck if it isnt the best looking open world game ever made. The graphics are fucking next gen on old gen consoles. The aesthetics of the game are magnificent. The world is marvellously realised, and the amount of emergent things that happen are amazing. The amount of detail in the game is on another level. I think maybe only ND is on that level with the obsessive detail [and maybe Kojima].

All of this is what kept me going until chapter 3. I might even get back on I don't know but I think I'm done with it. I don't even mind riding with my horse to different locations it looks amazing but man after a while it gets old. Especially when I know I'm a taking a long ass ride just to go herd some sheep or buy groceries.

The auto aim combat I already expected especially since I'd be using a controller and I don't mind it much. I also don't mind the mundane missions at the start of the game for tutorials and all that but 15 hours in and your still doing the same shit?

UFC4.

Uninstalled, as I couldn't pull guard despite it apparently being able to be done by a single press of two buttons at the same time. Also, core ground moves wouldn't upgrade, no matter what.

It's also the same thing, over and over. Seems a bit odd to complain about in a sports game, but still...

I actually recommend it though. Despite its flaws, and garbage soundtrack, it's pretty fun, once you get used to the mental controls.

I had been playing Scarlet Nexus, which is a great little fast paced JRPG, but I bought a bunch of Sims packs for my wife for her birthday, so I have been temporarily kicked from the PS5.

I have had Yooka Laylee downloaded to my Switch for a couple of years so I finally booted that up and wow, it is really just Banjo Kazooie huh? A great collectathon, but fuck those cloud races!

100% agreed. I managed to push through to the end of the game, but i was so bored i traded it in before completing the epilogue.

Each to their own but it's not the pinnacle of gaming like some people claim.

Looking back. I enjoyed my time with RDR2. For me it was like watching a movie; the game was a bit too realistic when you had chores you needed to do. I did end the game super early though before end of Act 6. It just felt weird to play a character that was going to die. I did all the "good" choices and I got a bit sad when it was obvious the character was going to die.

I finished Dragonquest and started Octopath traveler. I couldn't do it. I was too JRPG'd out. I took a week off gaming. I am waiting for evil genius 2 to come out on xbox pass in a few days because I wanted to buy it on steam earlier. I might even buy the expansion for wasteland 3 on xbox pass because it is only 10 bucks for two DLCs. I tend not to replay "mid" level games even though they are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back