What are they planning in the next 14 years?

This guy gets it.

This is also prophesied in the bible, where it is believed that 1/2 the population will die before the great tribulation even begins according to revelation 6:8 and revelation 9 15.

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
That's a quarter of the population killed.

And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number.
So according to that....let's say we got 7,000,000,000 on earth right now. 1/4 of the earth killed by sword, famine, plague and wild beasts of the earth brings us down to 1,750,000,000.... now kill a 1/3 of 1,750,000,000 that brings us down to roughly 583,333,332.... give er take a few ppl i suppose.

That's quite the blood bath.

Math error man. Unless all these years I have been wrong about what a fourth represents mathematically. A fourth= 1/4 or 0.25.

Kill off 1/4 of world's population by disease, war, and famine.

We got 7,000,000,000*(1-0.25)= 5,250,000,000 people left alive. So take the new population of 5,250,000,000 and reduce it by 1/3. 5,250,000,000*(1-0.3333333333)= 3,500,000,000 people left.

In other words you are off (And new testament) is off 3,000,000,000 from the Georgia Guide stone numbers of humanity being kept under 500 million. Being off by 3 billion is pretty large man. And leaving 3.5 billion people on earth is still a lot though not as bad as 7 billion.

Math error man. Unless all these years I have been wrong about what a fourth represents mathematically. A fourth= 1/4 or 0.25.

Kill off 1/4 of world's population by disease, war, and famine.

We got 7,000,000,000*(1-0.25)= 5,250,000,000 people left alive. So take the new population of 5,250,000,000 and reduce it by 1/3. 5,250,000,000*(1-0.3333333333)= 3,500,000,000 people left.

In other words you are off (And new testament) is off 3,000,000,000 from the Georgia Guide stone numbers of humanity being kept under 500 million. Being off by 3 billion is pretty large man. And leaving 3.5 billion people on earth is still a lot though not as bad as 7 billion.

Oops... I see what I did wrong there thank you for the correction

But still crazy amounts of bloodshed

Last edited:
Allright then. I still say your comment was a veiled put-down but I'll call a truce on this one.

Aaahhh, I understand. I have dealt with anger issues all my life, I don't know where it comes from. Perhaps it's why I've always been drawn to things like MMA. There's always been something cathartic about squaring off against another dude and beating each other's ass. Then you don't go home and take it out on people you love. (And my sparring partners/opponents have always ended up being my best friends). My spirituality has helped me deal with this but I do sometimes self-medicate and while most of the time everything is great, sometimes the demon comes out. Often when I post here it's similar to sparring, I argue here so I don't go start a fight over nothing with my sweet wife. I assure you that despite my flaws I consider this life a blessing and I am happy and grateful for every moment of this awesome life.

Cool, no worries man.

I'm going to give you that one. Because I'm happy and full of love of course.;)

You're abusing the term "strawman". To know one's character is to know one's mind. No strawman.

Come on man, "watered down", "change with the wind", "warm and fuzzy"? Those were passive-aggressive insults towards my spirituality.

Hey cool if I ask what it is you believe? Maybe you already stated and I missed it... You seem to believe in God just not the God of Abraham and Jesus Christ?

I tell you what- I am so glad Jesus Christ is the one true God cause all others gods written about pale in comparison in compassion and grace. You can't get more graceful and loving than Jesus Christ.

Even while being crucified to death Jesus is praying for his enemies. Think about that for a minute. That's how much He loves us- pretty amazing.

You won't see that sort of love anywhere else.. And so, how nice it is to know the One true God is Jesus Christ- full of grace and mercy.

Hey cool if I ask what it is you believe? Maybe you already stated and I missed it... You seem to believe in God just not the God of Abraham and Jesus Christ?

I tell you what- I am so glad Jesus Christ is the one true God cause all others gods written about pale in comparison in compassion and grace. You can't get more graceful and loving than Jesus Christ.

Even while being crucified to death Jesus is praying for his enemies. Think about that for a minute. That's how much He loves us- pretty amazing.

You won't see that sort of love anywhere else.. And so, how nice it is to know the One true God is Jesus Christ- full of grace and mercy.
You know Colby I've thought about how to answer this post since I saw it this morning and to be honest I haven't come up with the perfect way of expressing myself so I figure I'll just send it in and let the chips fall where they may.

I think it would be inaccurate, or at least misleading, to say that I simply reject the God of Abraham and Jesus Christ. My spiritual awakening a little over a decade ago was a direct result of my meeting with an Army Chaplain. I shared this story with TCK and rip but I'll give you the short version. My discharge from the Army was, well, complicated and stressful. My sessions with the Chaplain were mandatory not voluntary, I was a non-believer for sure. The Chaplain said he wanted to pray with me and I said OK. While he was praying to God to guide me and give me strength in my endeavors I experience an amazing energy entering my body, I will swear to this forever. I was filled with a peace and calm unlike anything I had ever experienced, and from that point my life has been wonderful, despite the trials, tribulations, and suffering that is part of the human condition. I truly believe that there is a guiding force behind this existence.

So, does the God of Jesus Christ fit the description of the God I believe in? Yes. Still, I don't see the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy in the morning paper, I don't believe that Nephilm bred with humans, or that the illuminati were in charge of the Super Bowl half-time show. I don't see my skepticism towards these things as a "watering down" of my spirituality. I refuse to believe that the millions of people who don't specifically define themselves as Christian are a lost flock doomed to an unsatisfying spiritual existence. There is value in the quest for understanding and I think God understands this and it's not like a game-show where you have to pick the right curtain to win the big prize.

I think this kind of discussion can be fruitful but I'm not interested in defending my beliefs, per se. I mean seriously, "describe and define him for all of us so we know who or what you are referring to when you say "my God"." Come on. "Well, he's about 6'2", long hair, goatee, seriously jacked, a couple of cool tats, strong guitar player...basically picture early 90s James Hetfield on steroids with the ability to create all of existence at a whim, and he exists outside of time and space." There, did that make by spirituality more valid?

Look Colby, I'm not claiming to have all the answers and I'm not trying to win a debate. I don't think you, me, or anyone else has the ability to comprehend the origins of this existence. I think all religions are man's meager attempt to contemplate that which is beyond our understanding. I don't think this make my concept of God vague, more or less valid than anyone else's, or my quest in vain.

That's all I've go in me for now. Peace.

Last edited:
You know Colby I've thought about how to answer this post since I saw it this morning and to be honest I haven't come up with the perfect way of expressing myself so I figure I'll just send it in and let the chips fall where they may.

I think it would be inaccurate, or at least misleading, to say that I simply reject the God of Abraham and Jesus Christ. My spiritual awakening a little over a decade ago was a direct result of my meeting with an Army Chaplain. I shared this story with TCK and rip but I'll give you the short version. My discharge from the Army was, well, complicated and stressful. My sessions with the Chaplain were mandatory not voluntary, I was a non-believer for sure. The Chaplain said he wanted to pray with me and I said OK. While he was praying to God to guide me and give me strength in my endeavors I experience an amazing energy entering my body, I will swear to this forever. I was filled with a peace and calm unlike anything I had ever experienced, and from that point my life has been wonderful, despite the trials, tribulations, and suffering that is part of the human condition. I truly believe that there is a guiding force behind this existence.

So, does the God of Jesus Christ fit the description of the God I believe in? Yes. Still, I don't see the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy in the morning paper, I don't believe that Nephilm bred with humans, or that the illuminati were in charge of the Super Bowl half-time show. I don't see my skepticism towards these things as a "watering down" of my spirituality. I refuse to believe that the millions of people who don't specifically define themselves as Christian are a lost flock doomed to an unsatisfying spiritual existence. There is value in the quest for understanding and I think God understands this and it's not like a game-show where you have to pick the right curtain to win the big prize.

I think this kind of discussion can be fruitful but I'm not interested in defending my beliefs, per se. I mean seriously, "describe and define him for all of us so we know who or what you are referring to when you say "my God"." Come on. "Well, he's about 6'2", long hair, goatee, seriously jacked, a couple of cool tats, strong guitar player...basically picture early 90s James Hetfield on steroids with the ability to create all of existence at a whim, and he exists outside of time and space." There, did that make by spirituality more valid?

Look Colby, I'm not claiming to have all the answers and I'm not trying to win a debate. I don't think you, me, or anyone else has the ability to comprehend the origins of this existence. I think all religions are man's meager attempt to contemplate that which is beyond our understanding. I don't think this make my concept of God vague, more or less valid than anyone else's, or my quest in vain.

That's all I've go in me for now. Peace.

Cool man. Thanks for answering. And hey I'm not judging one bit because there was a time not so long ago where I shared a similar belief and at one time thought the bible was a man made book. I will say though that I've always believed in Jesus Christ so that was nice and so when I hit a point in my life where it was time to turn to God, I knew who to turn to. I can only attribute this to my neighbor who was a devout Christian and I remember her first telling me about Jesus Christ and although we probably only spoke for a short amount of time in the car ride I think that she planted that seed. I just remember her telling me about Jesus and then me asking if I die will I go to heaven? And she told me yes. And I had to have been no older than 4 or 5...maybe 6 at the oldest.

I didn't grow up going to church, I would attend some catholic masses with my dad now and again but really never believed in the bible until I was about 21 and even then lived pretty carnally until about last year where I've finally tried to buckle down and I still screw up. I kinda was just giving into the sin of fornication without a care and last time I had sex I was really convicted by it and so with God's help I'm trying to change but it's extremely difficult.

We obviously differ in beliefs but we weren't that much different 10 years ago... the one good thing from my perspective is that you are open to God, which is a huge thing. Most aren't. And you've seemed to have already experienced the power of God from what you've told me about.

Quick question for you who did your Chaplain pray to when he said he was going to pray for you?

Cool man. Thanks for answering. And hey I'm not judging one bit because there was a time not so long ago where I shared a similar belief and at one time thought the bible was a man made book. I will say though that I've always believed in Jesus Christ so that was nice and so when I hit a point in my life where it was time to turn to God, I knew who to turn to. I can only attribute this to my neighbor who was a devout Christian and I remember her first telling me about Jesus Christ and although we probably only spoke for a short amount of time in the car ride I think that she planted that seed. I just remember her telling me about Jesus and then me asking if I die will I go to heaven? And she told me yes. And I had to have been no older than 4 or 5...maybe 6 at the oldest.

I didn't grow up going to church, I would attend some catholic masses with my dad now and again but really never believed in the bible until I was about 21 and even then lived pretty carnally until about last year where I've finally tried to buckle down and I still screw up. I kinda was just giving into the sin of fornication without a care and last time I had sex I was really convicted by it and so with God's help I'm trying to change but it's extremely difficult.

We obviously differ in beliefs but we weren't that much different 10 years ago... the one good thing from my perspective is that you are open to God, which is a huge thing. Most aren't. And you've seemed to have already experienced the power of God from what you've told me about.

Quick question for you who did your Chaplain pray to when he said he was going to pray for you?
Right on Colby, I appreciate your input.

To answer your question, my Chaplain was definitely a Christian, in fact to way you spoke about God in an earlier post reminded me of how he spoke of Him. Therefore I would say that the God he prayed to was the God you worship; I suppose it might seem puzzling that I think we pray to the same God without sharing all of the same beliefs but that's the way I see it.

Perhaps my resistance to specifically declaring myself Christian is that I live in the Bible belt and so many people around here who call themselves Christian are assholes and hypocrites and I don't want to be associated with them. Also I know people of other faiths who are good people searching for the same answers I am.

Anyway another work week is looming so I might need to sign off for a bit but thanks for the conversation and God bless.

Right on Colby, I appreciate your input.

To answer your question, my Chaplain was definitely a Christian, in fact to way you spoke about God in an earlier post reminded me of how he spoke of Him. Therefore I would say that the God he prayed to was the God you worship; I suppose it might seem puzzling that I think we pray to the same God without sharing all of the same beliefs but that's the way I see it.

Perhaps my resistance to specifically declaring myself Christian is that I live in the Bible belt and so many people around here who call themselves Christian are assholes and hypocrites and I don't want to be associated with them. Also I know people of other faiths who are good people searching for the same answers I am.

Anyway another work week is looming so I might need to sign off for a bit but thanks for the conversation and God bless.

That's cool man, and thanks for discussing.

I know this might seem cliché and all and I'm obviously biased....but if the chaplain who said he prayed for you was praying to Jesus Christ and you felt the power of Christ already- I don't really think you need to look any further. But ultimately that is your decision of course and I know a lot of people have been turned off by hypocrites and you see televangelist who obviously are just wolves and sheep's clothing just you know seeking after people's money...and that really is too bad all around.

And I'll be honest- there's a reason why I never attended Church until this past August and some of the reasons you mentioned are the reason why. But I do believe there are some good hearted churches that are doing it for Christ and not just for the money. And Jesus Himself said:

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
That's a scary verse to me, because it's not enough just to go through the motions is what Jesus is telling us and I am constantly looking at this passage and trying to keep myself in check. Because I've been guilty of reading scripture and knowing scripture and then just going out and deliberately disobeying and going out and having sex and that's not right. Or I've been rude to people and hypocritical as well. And so I really ought to do my best to represent Christ the right way.

I remember a couple months ago, I've been reading the bible a lot at work and people you know make little comments now and again. And one day a buddy of mine at work he stuck a snowball down the back of my shirt..All in good fun. And so I went to the extreme and waited for him to get comfortable ran outside grabbed a shovel of snow, snuck in and dumped a whole shovel of snow on him while he was sitting down. We both laughed and it was nothing about ill will just you know just joking around..

And of course another guy who walks by and sarcastically says, "Oh love thy neighbor huh? You going to do that and walk around with the bible all day huh?"

And you know I know he's just looking to get under my skin and tease me about the bible, but it did get to me. I was thinking man, we were just having fun and joking around...nothing wrong with that but as someone who people know that I'm a Christian- I'm now an ambassador for Christ now and I really do have to try to represent Him the best I can. And that kinda bugged me for a couple days when he told me that, you know just in a mocking way of his. So I hear ya about the hypocrites and stuff cause I am one, but just know that you know we're human too and being a Christian is recognizing that , "hey, I'm a sinner. I can't do this on my own." And seeking Jesus Christ and following Him. It doesn't make us invincible to the world...we still have temptations and at times fail and give into those temptations. We put our faith in Christ.

So don't let others discourage you from Christianity. What I would recommend is kind of doing what I did at one point...just picking up the bible and try reading the new testament. I mean you kinda already know where to look, you've felt the power of Christ already. I'd suggest reading the New Testament starting with the first 4 gospels. Those are my favorite books of the bible- but have a good night man.

Best of luck to you.

I mean seriously, "describe and define him for all of us so we know who or what you are referring to when you say "my God"." Come on. "Well, he's about 6'2", long hair, goatee, seriously jacked, a couple of cool tats, strong guitar player...basically picture early 90s James Hetfield on steroids with the ability to create all of existence at a whim, and he exists outside of time and space." There, did that make by spirituality more valid?

Did you see Hamlet 2?

@Final Rehab hey if you do decide to read the bible you should check out this site:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/smith_chuck/

Click on C2000 then click on the book you're interested in and then click on the chapter

I have a study bible but often times i'll read a chapter or a book and then i'll go back and read the commentaries by chuck smith and he really dissects it verse by verse and gives his opinions and cross references verses nicely... does really good job breaking down the bible. So i like to read a chapter then check out that site to see his input. He's also go it on audio too. For instance here's the book of Matthew commentary for chapters 1-4

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/smith_chuck/c2000_Mat/Mat_001.cfm

if you want to listen to the audio there's a link right at the top.

Dr. David Jeremiah is another one who has some good sermons. @ripskater told me about Tony Evans and that guy is awesome. I subscribed to his sermons on my iphone and he usually puts out a new one every day. A lot of good resources out there that I'd recommend if you do decide to check out the bible a little further.

So should I buy Beans or Ammo first.

None of those are Christians. They are Charismatics, who preach the power of self, AKA Satanists. I'm not religious myself, but at least protestants and Baptists believe in following the Book and understanding it for yourself. And not to follow humans...who are all basically sinners.

You're not religious but everything you post about is about Satanists,sin and Christianity (the real and fake ones according to you) which are all religious concepts and exactly what religious people love doing,

You're not fooling anybody buddy.

Back