What are the UFC fights in the past 4 years that count as a loss for the Dec winner?

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
By this I mean, out of the UFC fights that have happened in the past 4 years and ended in a decision, which ones do you count as a definite, no questions asked loss for the fighter who was awarded a UD or split D victory? I mean, we know there's tons of fights one may think could have been scored either way but what are all the fights that ended in a decision where you wouldsay fighter A may have gotten the decision against fighter B but it is a definite loss and I count it as a loss on his record and a definite win on fighter B's record?

I am not sure which ones count for me other than of course a few of Sanchez's most egregious wins and also Benson Frankie 2. Other than that I am actually not sure.

By this I mean, out of the UFC fights that have happened in the past 4 years and ended in a decision, which ones do you count as a definite, no questions asked loss for the fighter who was awarded a UD or split D victory? I mean, we know there's tons of fights one may think could have been scored either way but what are all the fights that ended in a decision where you wouldsay fighter A may have gotten the decision against fighter B but it is a definite loss and I count it as a loss on his record and a definite win on fighter B's record?

For the love of God, NONE!
If I go to fight finder it will say win or loss not want you wish it to be.

I know what you are saying and I reject your premise.

For the love of God, NONE!
If I go to fight finder it will say win or loss not want you wish it to be.

I know what you are saying and I reject your premise.

I don't think there are that many fights where it does not count. But the MMA fans can often list, especially in the last 4 years, plenty of fights where they think a guy who was awarded the decision should have that fight count as a definite loss.

The term robbery is thrown around way too casually on here. Usually a "controversial" decision is just a very close fight, with an argument for either side, which is not a robbery.

The only fights that I thought were scored categorically wrong, off the top of my head, are:

Sanchez v Kampmann
Sanchez v Pearson
Boetsch v Dollaway
Larkin v Carmont
Bermudez v Holloway - this one's interesting because it was a very close fight, but I've rewatched it a few times and IMO Holloway definitely won a very close fight.

KZ v. Garcia
Phan v. Garcia

The term robbery is thrown around way too casually on here. Usually a "controversial" decision is just a very close fight, with an argument for either side, which is not a robbery.

The only fights that I thought were scored categorically wrong, off the top of my head, are:

Sanchez v Kampmann
Sanchez v Pearson
Boetsch v Dollaway
Larkin v Carmont
Bermudez v Holloway - this one's interesting because it was a very close fight, but I've rewatched it a few times and IMO Holloway definitely won a very close fight.
Well in addition to the fights you listed, here's a partial list of fights that around here have been called fights that do not count as wins:

Davis Machida
Nurmagomedov Tibau
Jones Gus
Lawler Hendricks 2
GSP Hendricks
Benson Edgar 1 and 2
Benson Thomson
Nordine Taleb Li Jingliang
Sanchez Gomi
Boetsch Lombard
Okami Lombard

and probably more

The 'Dirty' Sanchez trilogy
(Disclaimer: Not fighter bashing! I'm not calling Diego dirty, calling the judging dirty!)

Garcia robbing Phan and Jung

Boetsch'd vs Dollaway

Davis Machida
Rampage Machida
Sanchez Pearson- the biggest robbery ever

Tim b vs hector Lombard

More takedowns. More stuffed takedowns. Did not land but maybe one shot on hector. Took more damage. Lombard got knocked for being flatfooted and as soon as I heard the scores starting I knew her get screwed.

Well in addition to the fights you listed, here's a partial list of fights that around here have been called fights that do not count as wins:

Davis Machida
Nurmagomedov Tibau
Jones Gus
Lawler Hendricks 2
GSP Hendricks
Benson Edgar 1 and 2
Benson Thomson
Sanchez Gomi
Boetsch Lombard
Okami Lombard

and probably more

Most of these have been close and maybe controversial fights but no robberies at all, esp all the fights from Davis vs Machida thru Benson vs Thomson.

Davis Machida
Nurmagomedov Tibau
Jones Gus
Lawler Hendricks 2
GSP Hendricks

Benson Edgar 1 and 2
Benson Thomson
Sanchez Gomi
Boetsch Lombard
Okami Lombard

and probably more

Most of those fights are very close, controversial maybe, but not flat out robberies.

The three bolded fights particularly cannot be called robberies. It is perfectly reasonable to score those fights as they were, IMO.

There are some decision wins that are brutal, one side beat downs where there is no question who the winner is. Shame that it never came to a finish, though.

Then there are the rest. Tough to call close fights that are infested with controversy..

Hopefully one day they will figure out a clear-cut way to determine the champion without all the subjective horseshit

Back