What are the top 5 ugliest mma fighter styles of all time?

How about Koji Oishi trying to block Nick Diaz's punches with his own punches, a technique he developed himself. Funniest shit

Found it

The cornholio stance was pretty tho.

Reactions: MMA
Kyoji Oishi vs Nick Diaz is an absolute must see of WTF were they thinking style. The ending here just doens't do it justice.

Few things.

Great at keeping his hands up, strangely not near his face though.

A 5"8 162 pound Welter weight might be the smallest in ufc history. I wonder if his surprised eyebrow position is from when he saw the size of Diaz.

Last edited:
It's because of Pancrace's old-school rules. There were no judges but you start with some points. You lose a point if you "escape" a submission by grabbing the ropes or if you get a ten-count after a knockdown. "If, at the end of regulated time, neither fighter has submitted, been knocked out, or lost all their points, a decision is rendered based on who lost fewer points. If neither fighter lost any points, or both lost the same number of points, the fight is declared a draw." As you can see, a draw is quite likely to happen with that system. Until they adopted the unified rules, almost every card had at least one draw.

Well there you go.

Two guys with those awful styles are fighting today. Meerschaert and Fabinski. Prepare for 15 minutes of hugging against the cage and the slowest god awful stand up fighting every now and then.

He's not a can, people on Sherdog have no idea what can, journeyman or gatekeeper mean, people on here often call someone who was champion a journeyman.

But on a side note he is 25-10-10; how does someone have 10 draws out of 45 fights o_O

It's called Pancrase rules. Look them up.

(not @ you) He had a weird and horrible performance against Nick Diaz but he was not a can or a jobber. Not a great fighter by any means, but people need to learn what MMA terms mean before throwing them around. Forget actually watching fights because clearly very few people on here do that, if any of you even cared to look up the names on his resume, you wouldn't be calling him a can.

I love watching Oliynik. Makes it work against much bigger opponents and his fights always deliver in terms of entertainment.
His style is odd but fun to watch

Reactions: MMA
Few things.

Great at keeping his hands up, strangely not near his face though.

A 5"8 162 pound Welter weight might be the smallest in ufc history. I wonder if his surprised eyebrow position is from when he saw the size of Diaz.
That's because he was trying to punch Nick's punches, I'm not kidding look at his warm up. Also his weight was like 164ish.

Whittaker has some of the best technique. He throws beautifully combinations, single shots and shoots great takedowns. Then mid way through the fight he forgets that and throws something 100% retarded.

The while WMMA and 125 divisions. That is just painful to watch

Oh he was definitely a powerhouse! And a really good fighter, great grappler, and explosive as shit.. But yes really, his style was ugly to me and boring. He had crazy leg kicks but too bad he only threw about 1 or 2 every 2 or 3 minutes at most. Arona looked like the fighting irish logo except Arona kept his eyes and chin up to the rafters.. Hideous
cropped_Notre-Dame-fighting-irish-logo.jpg
Hahahaha! Now that you bring that logo up! Can't say I don't see the similarities here!

2. Dom Cruz
It works for him but it's frustrating because he dances and prances all around with his energy-wasting, pillow fisted, lack-of-1-punch ko having style. Has the body shape of a ferrit, long trunk with droopy ass shoulders, no lats. Just like Reyes aka crash bandicoot

upload_2021-4-17_7-12-59.gif

No particular order

1.Elias Theodoreau
His fight form is extra loosy goosey, similar to what a wet chicken would look like fighting. I'd go as far as to say he has a femenine way of throwing punches and moving his hips for kicks. His strikes don't snap. At all.

2. Dom Cruz
It works for him but it's frustrating because he dances and prances all around with his energy-wasting, pillow fisted, lack-of-1-punch ko having style. Has the body shape of a ferrit, long trunk with droopy ass shoulders, no lats. Just like Reyes aka crash bandicoot.

3. Cindy Dandois
Typical soccer mom form, hair style, everything. Her pomp hairdo jumps every time she gets jabbed similar to a Mike Tysons punch out opponent. You can find her white belt ass practicing armbars from the mount on little kids in her thin-onionskin- white Gi (and many more like her in any typical mid western tma Mc dojo.)

4. Alex Oleynik
Hurky jerky old man style with no finesse. Movement seems labored, + has ugly hay maker boxing. If you ever wondered what a human sloth would look like fighting, just watch one of his recent fights. In fact not only does he share the same slow muscle fibers, but his metabolism is so slow that he risks dying from a heart attack if he throws any faster.

5. Nico price
Looks like a hangman/stick figure fighting with that awkward frame and extra pointy elbows and clavicles. Basically a coat rack. Moves around as if every limb on his body had a life of its own and he needs to concentrate extra hard to coordinate his movement. Phil Davis was also born with a stick figure body by the way. Beyond this you start getting into the praying mantis/humanoid hybrid club which fighters like Megan Anderson and Chase Hopper belong to.

Honorable mention to
Stiff Glover, Keith Jardine, Askren, Guida, Ben Rothwell, Cody McEntire, Chase Hopper, tippy toe Penn, Kyle Kingsbury and I'm sure I left out many wmma fighters but who cares right

That was such an entertaining and captivating read. I laughed my ass off at your description of Nico P. A coat rack

<{anton}>

Props to you for your way with words. A+ OP

<RomeroSalute>

2. Dom Cruz
It works for him but it's frustrating because he dances and prances all around with his energy-wasting, pillow fisted, lack-of-1-punch ko having style. Has the body shape of a ferrit, long trunk with droopy ass shoulders, no lats. Just like Reyes aka crash bandicoot.

3. Cindy Dandois
Typical soccer mom form, hair style, everything. Her pomp hairdo jumps every time she gets jabbed similar to a Mike Tysons punch out opponent. You can find her white belt ass practicing armbars from the mount on little kids in her thin-onionskin- white Gi (and many more like her in any typical mid western tma Mc dojo.)
I’ll agree with Cruz. It was the first name I thought of when I saw the thread title.

But your Dandois rant is crazy. You based that entire paragraph off of that one gif everyone shows of that one fight. She’s a black belt in judo and a purple belt in bjj. Yeah she’s got shit striking, but she’s a grappler. Take 10 seconds on he wiki page and you’ll see she’s been wrestling and doing judo since she was like 5 years old.

I’ll agree with Cruz. It was the first name I thought of when I saw the thread title.

But your Dandois rant is crazy. You based that entire paragraph off of that one gif everyone shows of that one fight. She’s a black belt in judo and a purple belt in bjj. Yeah she’s got shit striking, but she’s a grappler. Take 10 seconds on he wiki page and you’ll see she’s been wrestling and doing judo since she was like 5 years old.
I know bro I was just trying to be funny that's all.

I don’t think it worked.
It did as you can tell by the likes and some posts, but oh yea a sense of humor is required. Oh and I'd understand defending a legitimate martial artist that has beaten some impressive names like Dom from my list, but defending Cindy dandois instead? Yea ok Cindy. It wasn't funny at all. Let's see your black belt judo skills next fight I guess and we'll have to re evaluate lol

Back