What are the rudest and most courteous place you've lived or visit

Rudest: Barcelona by faaar. London and Rome second.
Nicest: Most of the US, Colombia, Costa Rica and the Low Countries.

Japan by far the most polite.

Rudest? -Boston or Philly maybe.

I find the French rude but it often not usually intentional -they just don't understand small talk mostly.

Balkan Peninsula and Middle Eastern tempers are annoying -generally anyone with a square forehead's temperment is volatile. lulz

Most polite : Japan
Rudest : France

Must admit i was only in the airport at France so it may be unfair to judge the French by how they act in airports but iy was a very stark contrast.

rudest,paris france,even other french people say they are stuck up assholes.
most polite,thailand

forgot to say a close second for rudest people are glaswegians.

When you're younger, you imagine small towns as this idealistic place where the people are all polite, god-fearing, and honest.

When you get older, you meet townies at bars that want to kick your teeth in because you're not from there, and meet as many substance abusers per capita as a big city.

In short, the small-town politeness is a myth. People are people.

Don't you mean most pretentious?

My visit there tells me they have the formality but there is no warmth to their courtesy.

The courtesy is all fake, but it's still nice in a sense.

As for me:

Rudest: Washington D.C. (but I've met cool people there too). Caracas. Mexico City. We could probably lump all national capitals in at once and be done with it, those tend to be the worst offenders.

I've met really nice people in Germany and then the next day some random psycho on the street will try to pick a fight. Some of the nicest and rudest people I've ever met at the same time, but at least they're not stuck up. Harry Ensfield's J

Most polite : Japan
Rudest : France

Must admit i was only in the airport at France so it may be unfair to judge the French by how they act in airports but iy was a very stark contrast.

No, they are really fucking rude. And Paris smells like piss.

I've met really nice people in Germany and then the next day some random psycho on the street will try to pick a fight. Some of the nicest and rudest people I've ever met at the same time, but at least they're not stuck up.

Germans tend to be very direct, so if a German suggests sth like "you should come over for bbq" it actually means he wants you to come over for bbq whereas in the US people just say this stuff to be polite.
On the other hand, if they don't like you, they will let you know as well.
And if they're frustrated with their mediocre shitty lives, which most Germans are, they will be jealous and impolite towards everyone.

Where exactly did guys try to start fights with you? Sounds like Berlin.

Nicest: Israel - one of the few places I've been where people liked that you were American
Rudest: Amsterdam. I can't speak for Holland as a whole, but the people in Amsterdam seemed sick and tired of American pothead tourists. I can't say I blame them, but it was unpleasant.

Germans tend to be very direct, so if a German suggests sth like "you should come over for bbq" it actually means he wants you to come over for bbq whereas in the US people just say this stuff to be polite.
On the other hand, if they don't like you, they will let you know as well.
And if they're frustrated with their mediocre shitty lives, which most Germans are, they will be jealous and impolite towards everyone.

Where exactly did guys try to start fights with you? Sounds like Berlin.

No, Karlsruhe and D

The rudest place I ever visit is Walmart. People are too retarded to drive and park properly in the parking lot, elderly couples bring entire carts full of groceries through the 20 or less line, solicitors hit you up after checkout, then some asshole at the door wants to check my bag. And to top it all off, the cashier didn't even smile or tell me to have a nice day!

So much rudeness in one small place. Oh the humanity

Rudest - eastern corridor from Philadelphia to Boston.
Nicest - Southeast, New Brunswick, Northern Maine.

Back