What are the rudest and most courteous place you've lived or visit

Faith Fighter**

Green Belt
Reaction score
I went to college near Akron, OH and the students there were (surprisingly to me) probably the most polite I have ever been around. I finished college in Texas and the Ohio people were far more polite.

The place with what seemed to be the rudest people I've come across is Ontario, Canada.

I know these are generalizations and there are nice people everywhere, but I'm just sharing macro observations, so no offense to anyone.

What say you?

Daegu and Waegwan, South Korea is the one of the politest places I've ever lived but I also lived there more than half my life.

In Australia, a general rule i've found is that the further you are from Sydney CBD, the more polite people are (with the exception being FNQ).

However, taking a trip to Denver and LA in May so my opinion of the worst (or the best) place could change.

Rudest would be Christmas with my ex's family.

Most polite would probably be salt lake Utah

Rudest - Downtown Chicago

Nicest - San Antonio, Texas

I have not been there but I have met a number of pashtuns from Pakistan and they are probably the most courteous people I have ever met. They look upon guests as something holy. Pashtuns are a etnic group from western Pakistan and also makes up the biggest group in Afghanistan.

I have also found americans being very warm in general. Americans are way easier to get to know because you are open to chat and talk about everything and nothing anyday of the week.

Canadians seem a bit more chilly until you get to know them, they seem more european in that way. I have a special bond with Canada thou after me and a canadian I just had met teamed up in order to escape a rioting crowd at an african airport.

Daegu and Waegwan, South Korea is the one of the politest places I've ever lived but I also lived there more than half my life.
Interesting, I love Korea, but I'd say it is probably the least polite place I've ever lived. Also, Vienna and parts of New England (where mother lives).

The Japanese are pretty damn polite and folks in Texas.

Malaysia is simultaneously the most rudest and most polite place I have ever been.

Elaborate

Driving here. Rudest, most impatient people I ever met. Also pound for pound some of the worst drivers I have ever encountered.

Festive time i.e. Eid, Chinese New Year, Dewali etc. people are very inviting and welcome you try out their traditions etc.

Most Courteous, hands down Japan, w/ Korea being a close second. Everyone is so polite and respectful, street crime is very rare. Customer service at restaurants is amazing...especially when you don't tip at all, I'm still getting over no tipping.

Rudest, *puts on flame suit* UK. And not everyone there is rude I still have close friends there, just on the average. So many people just throw their trash on the street, line cutters drive be bat shit crazy, and don't get me started on customer service at stores or restaurants...could be the weather there though

Fuck you OP..

*Looks at location.*

Ya you're right we are all dicks. Don't let that Canadian "politeness" fool you. We're probably making fun of you behind your back.

Seriously though. Rudest was when I went to Quebec. Nicest was probably South Carolina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back