1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

What are the odds that Makhachev's...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMAProfessional, May 13, 2021.

1. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Rank goes up yet beats another unranked fighter. Also Moises currently is not in the UFC rankings. What are the odds that he will be before their fight despite not fighting before then and not having a top 10 win? Islam beat Drew Dober who I think mysteriously became ranked shortly before their fight. I double checked and after Dober's previous win he was not in the UFC rankings. Also after beating I think #15 Islam is somehow is ranked #10 now. How long before Islam actually fights a ranked opponent? I guess you could say people don't want to fight him but Kevin Lee called him out when he was relevant and ranked in the top 10 I believe.

Also see below so we can mark that Moises is currently not ranked and I have a good feeling he will be once this match up is finalized.

upload_2021-5-13_6-1-57.png

2. HHJ GOATchazka

I dont think there is any more free rides for Islam. They will somehow force someone ranked to fight ala Leon Edwards vs The Emperor Lord of all combat Chad Chimaev the Borz

3. Dog Gynecologist Reug Reug Stan Account

Drew Dober got ranked because Cowboy got bumped out of the top 15, but i agree it's strange.

Maybe we are going to witness a RDA/Khabib situation where Arman become champ long before Islam

4. Greyscale Brown Belt

He has his hands (and other parts) full working in jacuzzi, he recently married ackmed, so no time for ranked fights, sorry!

5. HHJ GOATchazka

lol this is just guys trying to work with the ranking system that exists.

Who the fuck wants to train 2 months to fight someone,and it doesnt really move you so much closer to the belt?

People call fighters divas for this,like these dudes got careers to waste on meaningless fights. If it werent for the ranking systems you wouldnt see this.

6. Peter_Panner Banned Banned

Yup, thats how they do it.
    It's fraudulent.

7. Beastslayer47 Orange Belt

Islam is the future champ

8. Luckyme Purple Belt

I don't like the Moises fight but the top 10 are either busy fighting each other or ducking him. Bottom line is the UFC rewards activity. As long as he keeps fighting and winning, he'll move up the rankings. I can see him moving 1-2 spots in the rankings past the semi-retired Felder and bumping Hooker and maybe Beneil if he loses.

9. Doughie99 Silver Belt

I think Makhachev's true level is Top5, for sure. I heard he has trouble getting a fight with ranked opponent (might be true, might not be true) and frankly it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to see him fight twice more this year.

10. Alexnotonfire Orange Belt

The thing is Islam possesses a certain unique skillset that virtually no lightweight can counter except Khabib. Islam is able to beat any lightweight in the UFC right now. He's vastly underrated.

Doughie99 likes this.