What are the odds of......

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
What are the odds of......

Cain and JDS fighting again in 2014............

I think it's pretty likely

even if Cain wins, JDS could justifiably earn another title shot
and if JDS wins then I'm confident Cain will get another crack

dossantos-velasquez-1511076.jpg

cain-velasquez-belt.jpg

Junior_dos_Santos_champ.jpg

eh, I dunno. Outside of maybe Arvloski vs Timmeh I've never really heard of anyone fighting more than 3 times. Especially for a world title.

Maybe if one of them goes on just a monster streak were you couldn't deny it, that's about the only way I see that happening. Def can't just be a normal win streak.

It's certainly possible tho.

It's just the HW division isn't exactly stacked and if either guys wins 1 or 2 fights in 2014 then by the end of the year it could happen again

It's just the HW division isn't exactly stacked and if either guys wins 1 or 2 fights in 2014 then by the end of the year it could happen again

Good point. it would have to be against literally the next two guys I think.

I think Cain is done with Bigfoot

Overeem may earn a title shot in 2014 if he beats Mir and then beats either Nelson, DC, Barnett or Browne

Correction on Browne, forgot he just lost to him......

p.s Overeem seems to still be a big HW draw so would not shock me DW handing him a title shot with just 2 wins

I think Cain is done with Bigfoot

Overeem may earn a title shot in 2014 if he beats Mir and then beats either Nelson, DC, Barnett or Browne

While it's certainly possible Overeem can beat Mir, I highly doubt he can beat Nelson, DC, Barnett, or Browne.

I honestly think imo that all four of those guys could KO him.

Totally possible by 2015. Two defenses by whoever wins the 3rd fight, and two consecutive wins by the loser.

Super Bowl 2015 Card.

I wouldn't be surprised. With all likeliness the winner will fight Werdum, giving the other a fight against a top 10. IMO it all depends how this fight goes.

At this point I think they will fight maybe 5 times? Dana & Joe seem to love this match up. Even if they both were on 3 fight losing streaks I think the UFC would have them fight.

Jds vs barnett would be great!
I wanna see barnett with that ufc gold! Ive stapped myself firmly into his war wagon and if it does get derailed im going to hell with it!

Here ya go:

barnett-belt.jpg

:icon_chee

At this point I think they will fight maybe 5 times? Dana & Joe seem to love this match up. Even if they both were on 3 fight losing streaks I think the UFC would have them fight.

It's the only matchup that makes sense. The only guys I can see getting a titleshot in the near future is the winner of Barnett/Browne and Werdum. Not exactly a lot of options for the UFC.

Barnett vs either Cain or JDS would be a legendary fight

Well the ufc HW division is very shallow.

But... Barnett, Werdum, Cormier & Jones could all fight Cigano / Cain.

Back