What are the Chances of Woodley vs Till Being Boring?

It will only not be boring if Till goes after Woodley

Woodley is about as boring as they get.

By boring I presume you mean Tyron nullifying Till's striking, like he did vs Wonderboy?

No, it won't be ''boring'' - It'll be a technical masterclass from TW!

Woodley had some pretty boring fights in recent times and Till had that Wonderboy fight. That being said, I'd expect Till to take it to Woodley this time more forcefully than he did vs Wonderboy. That should make for an exciting fight and I think Woodley will be training towards being ready for that.

If Woodley throws more than 10 punches around, I'll be in shock.

This is going to be a quality snooze fest. Woodley plays it so safe, its pathetic.

Considering one of the fighters is Woodley, the most cautious fighter in the UFC, there is a damn good chance the fight could be boring.

Remember, Woodley landed 57 total strikes in his 5 round UD against Maia. A UFC record for futility.

Very high. Till is a destroyer against bums, but he's a natural counter striker. Woodley doesn't exactly press the action to create openings so I could see a lot of staring and feinting.

Also, against Woodley, there is a very real danger of Till getting slept if he over commits and gets countered himself. I expect them both to play it safe. I'd be surprised if this doesn't go 5 rounds.

By boring I presume you mean Tyron nullifying Till's striking, like he did vs Wonderboy?

No, it won't be ''boring'' - It'll be a technical masterclass from TW!
+1

Its because Woodley is so dangerous that all his opponents fight cautiously. Woodley plays it safe to conserve his small gas tank. Yeah I said it

The last time Woodley looked for a stoppage was in the summer of 2016 (vs Lawler).

Till had one really bad fight (vs Wonderboy) - his most recent fight.

There is a chance that either fighter can catch the other, but something tells me that this fight will be lacklustre.

Woodley spent 9/10 rounds of the Wonderboy fights with his back against the cage (he managed to hold Wonderboy down in the first round of their first fight), and he also had the strong 4th round as well and knocked Wonderboy down in the 5th round of their second fight too - which most likely won him the fight.

Till spent five rounds avoiding Wonderboy's shots whilst throwing the absolute minimum - but Till constantly pressured Wonderboy to the cage.

I think Till will pressure Woodley here, but there is a strong chance (in my opinion) that both fighters don't throw enough to have interesting exchanges - unless there is a flash knockdown/ko.

Thoughts?

As you say though Till does naturally pressure, its just that against Wonderboy he was fighting someone who is very difficult to pressure.

I mean I don't think its impossible, Till might have such a problem avoiding takedowns or perhaps fearing the big counter that we get a fairly dull fight but I suspect he'll push forward enough to make it decent.

Jesus, the upper echelon of 170 looks great on paper, but the combination of Woodley, Thompson, and Till is gonna lead to boring fights.

Nothing could be boring about watching Woodley get his shit pushed in for 2 rounds, before Till KOs him with a flying knee.
Ya because Till has been a finishing machine in the UFC. Dude has had trouble putting away journeyman scrubs. His power is crazy overrated.

Back